Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cannot sleep thinking about my weight

Does anyone else have this problem, where you sleep like crap because you are worried about not losing when you step in the scale in the morning ? Man is this what my life has come to? Any-who, I am sure this too will pass as I get farther along. I turned one month yesterday (I almost feel like I am talking about pregnancy) except in this case I gave birth to a stomach that I named lucifer. Ok going to try to go to sleep now.

Yeah I do too it's pretty strange. Used to not care and now I'm obsessed. I wanna weight all the time HA!

Ha, ha! You crack me up! But I totally get it - I was the same way, especially in the first 3 or 4 mos post op. But the good news is that it does get better, and you won't be so obsessed the farther out you get :D

Thanks for all the replies I finally went to sleep at 4 a.m and lost like .08. Darn Lucifer !!!!!

LOL!!!! Mine was named Satan...what a coincidence!

-Kendra

[

sleep like crap because you are worried about not losing when

cutesingle

the immediate answer to your question is "NO" - i was lucky and my mind turned off when it was bedtime and i slept well :)

early PO i was so tired that i nodded off pretty quickly :) don' know what time it was cuz i was asleep :lol:

i know you are going to lose weight :)

its inevitable that the weight will come off - your stomach is now 85% smaller than it used to be, you can't and won't eat too much

i know you are following all the rules with drinking and eating - you will be successful, i promise!!!

but....don't hurry the process thinking you will lose one gazillion lbs in a week, don't lose sleep over how much you are or aren't losing in a week

don' ever compare your small or large weight losses to anyones elses on the board - or anywhere, ok??

easier said than done, but you gotta calm down and get your necessary rest

your typing away on the computer making all sorts of noise - its 3:38 am :mellow: - i knew i heard something - it was you?? ;)

close your pretty eyes, count chicken breasts or yogurt :lol:

good night!!! :)

I had my hubby hide the scale and only let me weigh once a week.

I worried a lot about that initially. Every time the scale didn't budge I got frustrated. Then, I started tracking my weight daily (or almost daily - I only record the days I lose weight :D). What I found is that my body, for whatever reason, likes to lose in fits and starts. I'll lose for a few days, then I won't lose a day or two, then lose some more, then not lose. By learning what my body does, it took away that "I'm not losing anything!" fear so that if, like yesterday, I didn't lose anything, I knew either today or tomorrow, I'd drop some weight.

[

cutesingle

the immediate answer to your question is "NO" - i was lucky and my mind turned off when it was bedtime and i slept well :)

early PO i was so tired that i nodded off pretty quickly :) don' know what time it was cuz i was asleep :lol:

i know you are going to lose weight :)

its inevitable that the weight will come off - your stomach is now 85% smaller than it used to be' date=' you can't and won't eat too much

i know you are following all the rules with drinking and eating - you will be successful, i promise!!!

but....don't hurry the process thinking you will lose one gazillion lbs in a week, don't lose sleep over how much you are or aren't losing in a week

don' ever compare your small or large weight losses to anyones elses on the board - or anywhere, ok??

easier said than done, but you gotta calm down and get your necessary rest

your typing away on the computer making all sorts of noise - its 3:38 am :mellow: - i knew i heard something - it was you?? ;)

close your pretty eyes, count chicken breasts or yogurt :lol:

good night!!! :) [/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement I appreciate it.

It's been 24 hrs since my surgery I feel. Great best thing I did for myself

Good for you, Shawn. Congrats.