Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Typical day for me on my pre-preop diet (like amanda, I started early due to BMI concerns)

Breakfast Protein shake made with milk, Water or coffee, 110-200 calories 25-30 grams of Protein

lunch- same as Breakfast but lately I have been drinking half my shake for breakfast and half for lunch and not wanting the second Protein Shake I'm still meeting my minimum protein intake for the day so I've been skipping it.

Dinner: salad with lots of leafy greens and vegetables such as cucumbers, tomatoes, etc with a small amount of low calorie dressing, a portion of lean meat (tonight was 4 ounces of 95% lean beef that I seasoned up with my homemade taco seasoning, but often I'll do 6 ounces of flounder)

Snacks: choose from the following but stay under 800 calories total

1 egg

ounce of nuts

half of a piece of fruit

lately I've been enjoying some juice as a snack.. before you get too excited, it's cucumber, celery, kale, lemon and ginger juice that I make myself and I add a bit of stevia for sweetness. I find the juice helps keep things "moving along" and I'm still able to stay under my calories with it.. Plus my nutritionist wants me taking in as much dark leafy greens as possible... my juice had 8 cups of raw kale in it!!!

Once my actual 2 week preop diet starts it will be similar except I won't get the Snacks... Just two or three shakes, a lean meat and a salad. Then after the two week preop, I'm on clears for three days. They said no protein in the clears, just clear or translucent sugar-free fluids.

And I make sure to take my One A Day weight loss Multivitamin.

Also, I'm doing an organic herbal 15 day cleanse. It definitely keeps things "moving along"...

Amanda Rae

Mine is pretty simple, also.

I'm currently on day 5 of preop:

I have 2 Protein shakes per day and a salad w/4 oz of a lean Protein. I usually eat my salad for lunch or dinner. I use shrimp, chicken, I even made it a taco salad-ish with no tacos. Just seasoned up lean ground turkey.

If I'm hungry, I can have another protein shake.

Lots of Water.

I start all liquids on day 7.

I stay under 1000 calories. supposed to be under 1200.

My dr considers me a low BMI, so mine doesn't seem as strict as others.

Mine is pretty simple' date=' also.

I'm currently on day 5 of preop:

I have 2 Protein shakes per day and a salad w/4 oz of a lean Protein. I usually eat my salad for lunch or dinner. I use shrimp, chicken, I even made it a taco salad-ish with no tacos. Just seasoned up lean ground turkey.

If I'm hungry, I can have another protein shake.

Lots of Water.

I start all liquids on day 7.

I stay under 1000 calories. supposed to be under 1200.

My dr considers me a low BMI, so mine doesn't seem as strict as others.[/quote']

I just started my pre-op day 3. I was wondering if I was eating enough. I do the two shakes then salad and lean meats. But I'm only getting 1000 Cal. ?