Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is scheduled for Jan 8th? I'm getting nervous

hmmm - Jeff - not sure now that I should be breaking a sweat yet - I didn't get clearance, but I wasn't told not to - I just started.... guess I better check in with the doc now (just did my 2nd day of exercise also)... I'm feeling so good - it just felt like it was time!

I know what you mean about the stomach thing - my new tummy definitely has a mind of it's own :-)... but then again, that's why I did this - because my mind couldn't do it by itself :-)

whew - I think - I just rechecked my discharge papers, and it says, "advance physical activity as tolerated" - so I think I'm ok.... who would have thought that I WANT to exercise? wow!!! I'll see how long this keeps up... but for now- I'm going with it :-)

I know. It's weird. I want to exercise, I generally don't feel hungry, and I generally don't crave food. Who am I??????? :)

Hi all.....happy Three weeks! I am not hungry upon waking and generally not hungry at all and sometimes force myself to eat to get needed Protein and calories! BUT.....today I was starving on my start of my journey home from work, and had to stop at Giant anyway for a protein shopping trip and Lofthouse Cookies for my daughter's birthday tomorrow and after walking around the store...back and forth because I couldn't find the quinoa and long story short, didn't feel hungry anymore. Got home and had a quarter of a small microwaveable sweet potato and some cottage cheese. My stomach hates food since I switched Calcium meds.....I was on the lovely Bariatric Advantage caramel chews and I went cheap and got citrate chewable wafers from Vitamin world.....never again. Killed my appetite or what I had left of it! They are chalky and sort of like really bad TUMS! I ordered a huge batch and put it on auto delivery for the chews on Sunday.....so, hoping they are here SOON! So daughter's birthday is tomorrow and am so glad that the Lofthouse cookies are not tempting AT ALL! Go me! I guess that is a "NSV"! I will let you know after tomorrow! Lol! ( ps....I have willpower with this sleeve!)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Ok... I know I'm a nurse which means I'm a hypochondriac... But I'm having some pretty significant pain on my lower right side.. That's actually getting worse. They didn't take my gallbladder out when they sleeved me. There's no oozing from the right lower incision but it burns. I don't have any fatigue or fever. What do y'all think??

I can't tell you it's my lower right side, but actual main incision is STILL extremely sore. I called the surgeon's office yesterday, but didn't find out until last night that they called me back (at my home, not my cell...grrrr). I'll talk to them today. You might want to do the same.

So daughter's birthday is tomorrow and am so glad that the Lofthouse Cookies are not tempting AT ALL! Go me! I guess that is a "NSV"! I will let you know after tomorrow! Lol! ( ps....I have willpower with this sleeve!)

How did it go? That's a great NSV!

Well, I made it through a birthday with not even a lick of my daughter's Cookies or ice cream! Yahoo! My order of Bariatric Chews came in also.....chocolate and Carmel. Another Yahoo! I feel better already!

I hope all of you who are experiencing pain, feel better soon! I have been eating a lot of avocado mixed with chicken or tuna lately......I am just waiting for the gall bladder attacks to begin...:(. Avocado is too good though....and so much better than mayo! I hope the pain goes away without another major surgery so soon!

Congrats on getting through the party! And, wow, great idea on the avocado.

Happy week four everyone!!

Starting weight....around 270

Surgery weight.....244

Current weight.....217.5

Total from beginning.....loss of 52.5!!!

Total from surgery.......loss of 26.5!!!!

I am so happy and feel so much better already! Just need to add exercise and I will be good to go!

How is everyone else doing on this week four? Enjoy the day and Celebrate every pound!

Holla! (can I say that!?)

You're doing great. Hopefully everyone else is too. Let's hear it!

I go in for my one-month on Friday. I cannot tell you how much I want to chew food! Hopefully will be able to this weekend.

Also, can't wait to start working out!!!!

My stats are in my sig, but I'm down almost 24 since the surgery. Feeling fine (minor incision pain aside).

Hi starting weight 312

Day of surgery 309

Today 280

So total of 32lbs down since Jan 8th

HI all! I had my 4 week post-op appt. with my surgeon today! He told me some very interesting things that I thought I would share with you (you may already know this - but I didn't)... but first... my stats!

Largest lbs: 259

Surgery day lbs: 248 (my official weigh in was Friday before surgery at 250 - but 248 is what I weighed myself in on day of surgery)

4 week post op lbs: 228 (total 20 lbs loss so far)

lost 1 inch in neck and 3 inches in waist!

So here's what he said: first of all, the avg. 1 month weight loss is between 15 - 20 lbs - any more than that they worry about patients being dehydrated or other issues; also told me that I could expect to lose about 50 - 60 lbs of the 120 that I want to lose by doing nothing and letting the surgery do it's thing... the rest is totally up to ME; the side incision hurting is because that is where they took the stomach out and they had to stick the inside - they didn't have to do that for the other incisions; the stomach is going to be swollen internally for about 3 - 4 months post-op, so this helps with the "full" feeling, after that - you really have to start watching portion controls - this is also why they stress Protein at the beginning because they know your stomach isn't able to hold much food and they want to make sure those muscles are building back up. I was told I could start really exercising - breaking a sweat - now - and that the walking I had already started last week was fine - they want some patients to wait until after 4 week post-op because of other issues with their health/weight/surgery.

I asked if there was anything I could do at this point to "mess things up" internally - he said "nope"... I'm "healthy" (this cracked me up since the reason I did this surgery is because I am NOT healthy - but it's all relative of course), and I would have already done any damage in the first few weeks. He told me of a patient he recently had that ate a full mcdonalds meal the day after she was released from hospital and busted right through her staples... can you imagine? I couldn't even swallow a sip of Water then!!!!

Anyway - I just thought I would share what I learned today! I am released from my surgeon now - and only see the internist and dietitian moving forward... my next goal is to get off of ALL my meds (I'm down to only 2 now - wooo hooo!)

Happy one month anniversary to all!!!

So happy for you! That's great! Mine is on Friday if the blizzard doesn't wipe out New England. :)