Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is scheduled for Jan 8th? I'm getting nervous

Jeff.....good luck on Friday....but I think you will be OK. Storm is supposed to start in the evening!! I am in PA and in the "we are getting gypped" section of the storm!

Thanks for the information 2013! I do not think that I am dehydrated......I have one kidney and really have to watch that! My pee is always lemon or almost clear! (Sorry for the description!). I wonder what other issues would be? Congrats on your 20!

Congrats to all the others who posted their weight loss as well! We are awesome! Keep going and enjoying this journey! I have lost inches....lots of them as well.....I will post that with my stats next month!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

My doc's office called to cancel my appointment scheduled for tomorrow because of the impending snow apocalypse. I asked them to keep it. I need to move to Stage 5 (normal food)!!!! Mushy is getting to me!

I spoke to the doc and he said that if I haven't had problems, I could move to Stage 5 and see him in two weeks instead. He wants me to really stick to soft solid food at the beginning for now. The nurse said I could move up to 3oz at meals now too instead of 2oz.

Yay! Made a 'big' 3oz batch of chunky chicken salad at dinner and chewed!!!

He said that my incision pain sounds appropriate for a month out. It's definitely getting better each day.

I got cleared for exercise too, but at whatever pace is comfortable for me and was told, 'not to push it.' Elliptical tomorrow for a few minutes, I think!

Hi January Sleevers. Are any of you scheduled for the 8th like me? I am getting really nervous! I've lost 10 lbs on my pre-op diet and feel pretty good. I just cannot believe this is about to happen. I would love to talk to some others who are going to the loser's bench on Tuesday!

Shannon

I had surgery Jan 9. Lost 15 pounds pre op and another 17 pounds. I wish the weight would come off quicker :(. Im getting mad.

I survived Valentine's Day - and even lost a pound :-)! I actually have lost my desire (taste buds) for sweets - but I found out yesterday, that doesn't include brownies. I made them for my kids thinking that it would be just another sweet that I can't tolerate - dang - it wasn't - I liked it and didn't have any "bathroom issues" with it (which usually keeps me from testing out these types of things)! So - brownies are gone (I threw them out - I told my kids that the Valentine fairy took them - they didn't believe me - but I thought it was funny) - and I found out I am still human and have to control my intake and food addictions just like a non-sleeved person :-)!!!!

Nice job! I am no longer tempted by sweets at this point. My wife got the kids candy, made Cookies, had my favorite flavor of Hershey Kisses in the house, and I didn't touch any of it. As an aside/vent, gosh, thanks so much!!!! :(

I am, however, back to my Peanut Butter addiction. Not overdoing it, but Teddie has re entered the house now that I'm on soft solids, and I'm using it for shakes, etc. May have to ban that cute bear after this jar is gone. I have some PB2 and should use that instead.

Jeff - you know - our spouses are so used to our old habits, it is tough for the to change too - my husband keeps ordering pizza (one of my overeating foods) and I just have to move to another room until dinner is over... we might have to find a way to gently remind them that we are "new" to this relationship and need "new" feel good items.

On a separate note - I found my new addition - my Fitbit... if you don't have one, I suggest getting one... instead of focusing on my food now, I'm totally focused on my steps and miles per day. I am constantly uploading my data to the computer and monitoring my progress - quite obsessed actually. Last night I still had over 1000 steps to hit my 10,000 step goal I set for myself so I did laps around the house while watching (listening) to Dateline :-0!!!!!

That's great...will have to try the Fitbit. Thanks!

As for spouses, yes, you're absolutely right. On one hand, I've deliberately told her and the kids that I don't want them to feel like they had surgery too. On the other hand, they're kind of coming along for the ride. I didn't say anything about all the treats. Wasn't the time or place for it, and I actually think she's having a harder time with it emotionally than I am.

My son's b-day was yesterday, and she got him a fantastic-looking double-chocolate cake at the store. I decided (not for I-gotta-have-it reasons, but for this-is-my-boy's-special-day reasons) that I'd try a taste. And that's what I had...a taste, about the size of half my pinkie, maybe. It was good, and I didn't need any more. Progress?

I think a pinkies worth of cake is ok. I keep reminding myself that moderation is going to be the key to making this last long term.

As for the spouses, my husband and I had to come to terms with how we were going to work with my sleeve. He likes to bring me home "surprises" which he now has to think about in non-food terms. Also, I didn't want him to feel like just because I can't/won't eat something doesn't mean he can't...but...on the flip side I can't be successful if I open up the fridge and pantry and see chips, candy, etc... So, the deal is he can eat whatever he wants outside of our home but he can't bring it home. What's funny is, as a side effect to this new deal, he's losing weight too. :-)

And that's what I had...a taste, about the size of half my pinkie, maybe. It was good, and I didn't need any more. Progress?

Definite progress. I had a Hershey's Kiss the other day. One. Who eats just one of those??? Didn't want any more. I haven't craved sweets at all, haven't even been hitting the sugar free popsicles in the freezer lately. Still don't really even feel hungry and have to remind myself to eat so I get in the protein/calories I need. It's a little weird, for sure.

Hi guys I'm at 210 now since surgery pre op 240 so I'm 30lbs lighter but I seem to be at a stall. I've been eating Jerky to get my Proteins in and it works great. No Constipation stays down I'm drinking plenty of Water. I'm just having a hard time getting exercise in but the weight is coming off gradually.Tomorrow I'm going to go back to liquids n c if that breaks the stall if u have any advice please tell me what I can do?

Blessings, I haven't tried Jerky yet, but I think after this coming Friday, I will. I do love it, and it's great high Protein. I am ridiculously constipated. Like crazy level. As for the stall, I think just hang in there. It will break. I've had two, and they just come and go on their own. Just keep doing what you're doing, and don't weigh daily, if you do that.

Stef, congrats!!! That's also progress. I've never been able to eat just one Hershey's Kiss! Have not attempted trying the bowl of them that is in the kitchen right now. And I agree, it's weird not really wanting to eat often.

Woobs, that's a great compromise. Not sure how it would work in my house, but if it works for you, awesome. The kids' Snacks are still coming into my house too, which isn't as much of an issue, but the wife is nibbling on those too. I don't have much desire for them at this point.

Birthday Party #2 this afternoon, including the "haven't seen me in a month" appearance from my parents. "Food is Love" in my house growing up, so this ought to be interesting!!!!!

Jeff, oh definitely the deal won't work for everybody and it helps that we don't have kids.

Good luck with the birthday party #2. I feel your pain on the food = love front. I'll be honest, I've been avoiding seeing my Dad for that very reason. When I was on my pre-op diet he kept trying to feed me until I finally had to say "Dad, I love you and I know you love me. You can stop offering me food." He just stared at me for a second like I'd grown two heads and then said ok. I don't think he even realizes what he's doing. So good luck fellow sleever! I'm sure you'll do great!

Yeah, I can relate! I didn't tell my parents until the day before I started my 12-day pre-op diet. I walked in, and even before I had taken my coat off, I was offered a piece of (wonderful smelling) seafood quiche AND, when I politely declined that, a piece of cake.

They mean well, and that's what they know/what I knew.

Thank u Jeff the Jerky really is good. It doesn't cost much either target has a very good price 4.39 for beef n 3.50 for turkey that's the small bags. It's so cold here in NYC u can't go out n get that walk in but I'm going to turn on some music n get to stepping. I really work up a sweat. My dogs even get in on that they love it. I will hit u guys back later!!

Jerky is great for the Protein but holy moly the pre-packaged stuff is loaded with sodium. I'm going to look into making some of my own.

The last week or so I've worked hard to get my Water, Protein and exercise in and I'm dropping about a pound a day now. It's pretty awesome!