Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Mehul Trivedi Albany NY

Dr. Trivedi said that the rest of my clearances should still be valid, but I will most likely have to see Dr. Lemansky again before we submit to insurance this summer.

I saw Dr. Lemanski again today and have a nice visit. He was actually pretty normal and we had a great chat. He is very certain I can be on my way with my sleeve surgery just as soon as I'm recovered from the second stage of my breast reconstruction. I will see him again mid-June and should get my clearance at that visit! WOOT!

I am scheduled for jan 7 with dr trivedi. How is everyone doing post op?

Yay!!! I am doing great!! Almost 1 year out and down 140lbs...I have loved having Dr Trivedi as my surgeon no complaints or complications????

Yay!!! I am doing great!! Almost 1 year out and down 140lbs...I have loved having Dr Trivedi as my surgeon no complaints or complicationsdde03

So good to hear. Just finished my pre op testing at hosp. Under 3 weeks for me

I am ten days post RNY. I had my one week follow up Thursday and was already down 17 pounds! My glucose and blood pressure are within normal ranges, so no more diabetes or bp meds. I am just starting my Stage 2 diet. One incision is very sore. Tyler, Dr. T.'s PA, told me that's the one that actually penetrates all three layers of abdominal muscle, so they suture it. Sometimes it pulls and there may be some nerve pain for a little while. But that is the only pain I have. Foods and liquids have been great. Nothing disagrees with me. I have to remember to eat a little more slowly since I did get a little woozy yesterday after a meal. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm happy it took as long as it did for me to finally have my surgery. After my breast cancer and chemo, I was weak and tired. This is not an easy surgery and I'm glad I was able to regain some strength before putting myself on the operating table one more time. I am napping a lot and my circadian rhythm has flown out the window (hence a 3:30 am post). But I am thrilled to be on the right track where my health is concerned. Looking forward to tomorrow is a nice feeling. :D

That's awesome Penny!!! So happy that u finally made it to the "other side" good for u!!!

My sore incision is abscessed and I need to go to the ER and have it drained tomorrow. Booooo. But then I will be pain free!

My sore incision is abscessed and I need to go to the ER and have it drained tomorrow. Booooo. But then I will be pain free!

I hope all gets well quick

Now THAT was an experience I won't soon forget. But it was necessary and I'm feeling so much better. I have a ten day course of antibiotics and I will see my surgeon regularly through the rest of the year to be unpacked and repacked. My abscess was huge (10x5 cm) and it got that way fast, over a little more than 24 hours. Don't ignore any warning signs. Don't try to be a hero or be proud of your pain tolerance. Any post op pain that is not improving, or as in my case, getting worse, is a red flag,

I'll be having my Roux en Y with Dr Trivedi this Tuesday. He is very charismatic.

I look forward to both St Pete's and Albany Meds support groups.

I am having my surgery with Dr. Trivedi on Tuesday 10/14. Any words of advice? How are you all doing post op? I am a mixture of excitement and pure anxiety

Iwas told at my first app't at Dr Trivedi's office that I needed a nutrition consult to lose 10lb and then they would schedule my surgery date. I was given a list of 2 names, the first had a 3 month waiting list, the other was a physician, Dr. Lemanski. I saw to Dr Lemanski twice. I lost the required 10lb but he refused to give me clearance. He never once discussed nutrition, instead ordered a ton of blood work to check on my liver function. I explained to his office AND to Dr Trivedi's office staff that I had a primary care doctor and a gastroenterologist who were both monitoring my LFT's and both agreed that WLS would get help my liver return to normal. I finally "fired" Dr Lemanski and have an appointment with a CDN for a real nutrition consult.

My advice - I really like Dr Trivedi but stay away from Dr Lemanski if you want a real nutrition consult. You are free to go to ANY Registered Dietician, not just the two on the list they give you (something I only learned just last week despite making numerous phone calls complaining about my experience with Dr Lemanski.) Also, keep on the staff at Dr Trivedi's office. Penny, who posts here and has had surgery is your best bet for a contact there. She is great!

Edited by Kate M

Dr Trivedi has long known about Dr Lamanski's behaviors. I quickly lost my 15 pounds and was cleared by him, yet she refused to sign off on my paperwork for THREE MONTHS. This even with daily calls from Trivedi's office for three weeks straight