Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

I have been stalled for a while but still all good. I was sleeved on 12/18 and am down about 71 lbs! about 40 lbs to go.

Hello Kit Kat

I too have been stalled for the last two weeks I've only lost half a pound frustrating but I know I've been there before.... the stalls .....and I'll get past them

I had my surgery on December 26, 2012...6 month on the 26th of this month

I am 5 foot 7

I've lost a total of 110 pounds this includes the 32 I did prior to surgery

I am down from 24-26 to a Regular large in lady skirts

And a medium top

I have less than 30 pounds to go.... And this is why hate stalls.... I know I need to add more calories.... But it is a challenge.... I am now up to between 700 to 900 a day

I weigh 186.5.. Next month is my birthday On the 19th... And I really want to be at 175 I'm trying to push :)

Patty

I hate stalls

have been stalled for the last two weeks I've only lost half a pound frustrating but I know I've been there before.... the stalls .....and I'll get past them

I had my surgery on December 26, 2012...6 month on the 26th of this month

I am 5 foot 7

I've lost a total of 110 pounds this includes the 32 I did prior to surgery

I am down from 24-26 to a Regular large in lady skirts

And a medium top

I have less than 30 pounds to go.... And this is why hate stalls.... I know I need to add more calories.... But it is a challenge.... I am now up to between 700 to 900 a day

I weigh 186.5

.... Next month is my birthday On the 19th... And I really want to be at 175 I'm trying to push

Patty

Well today is 6 months post op. This was the best decision I made ever. I love my sleeve. Down 90 pounds total today. I feel amazing!!!!!

-91lbs

I have my 6 month check up in another week and I'm sure they will adjust my Vitamins based on my bloodwork. I currently take

Breakfast: 600 mg calcium citrate, 5000 Vitamin D, 1000mg B-12, B-complex, and 5000mg Biotin,

Lunch: two flintstone chewables with Iron

Dinner: 600mg Calcium, biotin

My nut thinks I get enough other calcium from diet. I eat 1000 to 1100 calories per day. I eat 70 to 90 grams of Protein. Less than 45 grams of fat. I don't really worry about carbs because I still don't have room for bread or Pasta.< /p>

Welcome back.

I see the VSG site on an app (vs. the computer), so I was wondering what your starting weight was? I think in spite of your crazy college/graduation/job seeking lifestyle, you must be still doing a great job.

I still take all the vitamins, but I have a hard time getting in all the calcium citrate because my NUT told me to take it three times a day but not near "iron," so I usually get 4 in and sometimes the last two but not always. Most of my vitamins are from the company TwinLabs and the brand is called "Bariatric Support." I have my 6 month check up a few weeks early tomorrow and I will find out the results of my bloodwork then. I have a friend who had surgery a year before me and she was told to back off certain vitamins after the 6 month visit because she was getting enough nutrition from her food sources. So, we shall see.

I am 5' 3 1/2" and was 242 last July. I lost 20 lbs by December when I had surgery, so I was 222 on day of surgery. I think I am about 162 now. (I weigh the most on my surgeon's scale, so again, we will see tomorrow.) My goal is 130 based on a body composition test that I had done with a "sports" doctor. Usually someone as short as me should weigh between 115-125, but the body comp test doesn't lie and the doctor said 130 would be "ideal." I haven't been that size since middle school, so hopefully I will get there. I don't lose as quickly as some. YOu gve yourself 10 lb goals each month, but I was looking at my fitbit stats for the past 3 months (since the last doctor's visit) and I haven't lost 10 lbs/month before now, so I imagine it will get harder (for me). I think I exercise a lot. (good) I am not a slave to an all protein diet. (bad? debatable?)

Hi, and welcom back! You are well on your way, and you will get there. This is what life is made of - stress and thing that happen that can derail us, but you recongnized it and you are back! That's what determines success, so good for you.

As for vitamins, you might need to check with your doc, since Vitamin regimes are specific to your blood levels. But just to give you an idea, I'm taking a pre-natal with iron, 5000mcg biotin, VitD3 4000 mg, Calcium citrate 1500 mg, and Iron 325 2 times daily. I have to admit that I hate taking all this stuff - it's a full time job to make sure you get it all in correctly. I was taking a big ole prescription pre-natal, but yesterday I bought the vita fusion gummys, since I have a hard time swallowing that big prenatial. I also order the Celebrate chewable Multivitamin. I use Calcet creamy chews 500 mg calcium, or the Celebrate soft chews, or Citrical petites. Problem with the those is that you need to take 7.5 pills a day to get in 1500 mg.

So, like you, I have to be mindful of when I take all this stuff. coffee interferes with absorption, and calcium and iron both have to be taken in deivided doses and can't be taken together. So, I get up in the morning and have coffee, but can't take any vitamins for two hours. Then I start taking the calcium in one form or another. I space them out about 2 hours apart, and try to have them finished by the time I leave work. Then, in the evening I start working on the iron pills. Then I take the prenatal at bedtime. I also take all the other stuff in between there, so I feel like I'm taking pills all day long - because I am!!

As for the diet, I'm eating around 900-1100 calories a day for the most part. I sometimes go higher, rarely go lower, and I am sort of a slave to the protein. It doesn't bother me, so it's easy to do. I exercise 3-5 days a week, depending on what's going on and how I feel.

I feel like I've settled into a pretty livable routine that I can continue to manage indefinitely. Again, welcome back and good luck.

Thank You so much for the great response

My heighest weight was 275 I went into surgery at 257 and I now weight 189 !!

I have my 6 month appt. this wendesday 6/19/13.

I hope I've been pregressing good. I feel like I can do so much better though .

Thank you for the vitamin updates I need to go buy somemore flintstone vitamins because the Multi Vitamins i have now make me sick :(

Thanks again!!

Highest weight-289 lbs. (Oct. 2012) Surgery weight-270 lbs. (12/20/2012) Weight as of today (6-17-2013) 191 lbs. So a total of 98 lbs. gone since Oct. Loving my sleeve!!!

post-46374-13813666795984_thumb.jpg

Sleeved 12/17/12, six months today. I'm down 80 lbs. surgery weight 275, this morning 195lb.

Tomorrow is my 6 month date. I am still stalled but it is ok, I know I will get there. Only 41 lbs to go. I have a goal to have lost 120 lbs by my one year mark. I will make it and as of today I am officially a size 12 from a size 22. Bad news is that my FEET shrunk! Nobody said this was going to happen. I loved my shoes and now they don't fit. I know I can buy others but you know how it is :)

Tomorrow is my 6 month date. I am still stalled but it is ok, I know I will get there. Only 41 lbs to go. I have a goal to have lost 120 lbs by my one year mark. I will make it and as of today I am officially a size 12 from a size 22. Bad news is that my FEET shrunk! Nobody said this was going to happen. I loved my shoes and now they don't fit. I know I can buy others but you know how it is :)

My shoes don't fit either. I'm working on my third wardrobe purchase since surgery, too. I've had worse problems, lol! congrats!

Well I'm below 300 for first time in about 20 years and lost 103 so far. I'm averaging 7 pounds per month the last two months which seems slow but I can't deny 100 lost doesn't feel too shabby! I don't count calories, I try to get my Protein in. I eat whatever I want now and whatever my family is having, I just eat less. I can eat a whole slice of pizza or a small home grilled burger or a sandwich on thin sliced bread. I stay away from sugar but eat whole grain Pasta and brown rice. I ashamedly don't work out. I know I can lose much faster if I start tracking my calories, drink more Water, eliminate even the bit of complex carbs I eat and start working out religiously but I'm not trying to set any speed records and sustainability and a sense of normality in my way of eating is important to me as well. I'll definitely be dipping into that bag of tricks as needed if the weight completely stops dropping or tries to reverse on me though. I have a long way to go but I'm still glad I opted for the sleeve over more drastic measures that are often recommended for super high BMI guys like me. If my restriction stays about where it is long term I'll be a happy camper. By the way I do get hungry but I know I'm over 1000 calories every day.

Hello Dec sleepers. My surgery was on Dec 3rd. Was weighing 226 and 209 day of surgery. My six mt ck up I was at 166.7. I only weigh myself once a month. Everyone is doing a great job. Loving my sleeve!