Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

6 weeks out today - total of 43 down. I'm eating about 600 calories a day, though I could probably eat more. Learning to not graze - that could be dangerous! I don't lose every day anymore - haven't lost in 3 days. I assume it will catch up, then I'll lose for a couple of days in a row, then stop. I think it's just the natural rhythm my body is going to do this....about 2-4 pounds a week. Better than what was going on before, lol!

Hi' date='

We are twins! I'm 6 weeks out and have only lost 20 lbs. I am also being told the same thing about concentrating on Protein and Water. It's frustrating..... I'm thinking about dropping back my calories to 600. I'm averaging 800 now.

But even on VST everybody is all over the map. Some say 1000 calories, some say 800, some say 60 carbs, some say 20.....[/quote']

Yes...Even the people who talk about calories talk about all different calorie goals. I guess what is weird is that I don't have any calorie goals...and I was wondering if I am burning off around 600 calories in an hour of exercise, is EATING 600 enough to keep my body from thinking it is starving? I sort of asked my NUT this question and she sort of answered it as, "No, that would not be enough calories," but she really didn't focus on the "me" in the equation. It was more like an answer to a hypthetical question about the general situation of calorie intake vs. burn.

Interestingly, I have not had a "stall." I just lose weight slowly.

Post Op as of 12/10/12

I've lost 30lbs and I am in a stall, I think I'm in a stall because I am not drinking my Protein the whole reason I dont drink it is because the powders I have is DISGUSTING!

• Fuzzy Navel -Nectar
  • Triple Chocolate- Five Star

I need Help on a good protein that is a fair price and isnt milk based or something because I HATE this protein seriously. :(

I went to Walmart...got the vanilla whey (I'll check the exact name). It is on my approved list and is $16. It is much better than the Fuzzy Navel- YUCK...I hated it. I'm still not getting all I should in, but it is getting better.

I went to Walmart...got the Vanilla Whey (I'll check the exact name). It is on my approved list and is 16. It is much better than the Fuzzy Navel- YUCK...I hated it. I'm still not getting all I should in' date=' but it is getting better.[/quote']

When I get to a support group meeting, I am bringing my Protein powders to give away. They were all revolting, but I can't throw them out when they were just opened and they were not cheap.

My physician set my goal. He said that it is harder to lose weight the farther you are from surgery. He mentioned he is more aggressive than most doctors, but he has a very high success rate. I am limited to 600 calories, 20-40 carbs and 90-100 Protein.< /p>

I will keep you updated on if I start to lose again.

I went to Walmart...got the Vanilla Whey (I'll check the exact name). It is on my approved list and is $16. It is much better than the Fuzzy Navel- YUCK...I hated it. I'm still not getting all I should in, but it is getting better.

i agree with ya !!! that chocolate was nasty !!!! Too sweet to even drink ....:(

Yes don't give up! I've stalled several times! It will go away!

You can do it!

Wow, you are looking great! :-)

Just had my post op appointment' date=' I'm at 5 weeks. New goals ~ lose 65 pounds in 100 days, I'm at 35 so far. 90 to 100 grams of Protein, bump up the exercise until I'm out of breath and at least 45 minutes. See him again in 2 weeks, hopefully can lose some more because I have had some stalling.

I will need to have 2 Protein Shakes a day to hit that goal and he said that was fine.

I really like the lean shakes from GNC, they taste great!

Wish me luck, I want to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I have 130 pounds to goal.[/quote']

I am 6 weeks and had my second post op appointment and my doctor wants me to loose 30 pounds in 6 weeks . I am already down 39 pounds .

But now I feel the pressure of having to lose weight by March 13, 2013

Lord help me

My doctor has not even discussed weight with me, and has indicated that as long as I am losing weight, eating well, and exercising, I am succeeding! I have to say, it's nice not to feel like I am being evaluated every time I go in, because then it would just feel like every other diet I have ever been on! This feels more like a shift in my body and my brain, and everyone is on my supportive team.

I am 6 weeks and had my second post op appointment and my doctor wants me to loose 30 pounds in 6 weeks . I am already down 39 pounds .

But now I feel the pressure of having to lose weight by March 13' date=' 2013

Lord help me[/quote']

My doctor/NUT haven't given me goals like this either. I mean, I haven't even lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks post op, so I doubt even if they did give me a goal, it wouldn't be 30 in 6....Like Stinker said, they seem more interested that the weight go down however quickly/slowly. I won't see the dr or the NUT until March 18th, so to some extent I really feel like whatever happens, I am on my own.

Were you a higher BMI to start with? Is that why he/she is being so aggressive?

My doctor/NUT haven't given me goals like this either. I mean' date=' I haven't even lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks post op, so I doubt even if they did give me a goal, it wouldn't be 30 in 6....Like Stinker said, they seem more interested that the weight go down however quickly/slowly. I won't see the dr or the NUT until March 18th, so to some extent I really feel like whatever happens, I am on my own.

Were you a higher BMI to start with? Is that why he/she is being so aggressive?

[/quote']

Yes I started off at 307 but I am 267 ! I am very happy but he want we in my 230 's . I can understand that I want to be in my 230's ... I just feel pressured to do it now .

I am just going to do the best that I can I know the weight will fall off

My doctor has not even discussed weight with me, and has indicated that as long as I am losing weight, eating well, and exercising, I am succeeding! I have to say, it's nice not to feel like I am being evaluated every time I go in, because then it would just feel like every other diet I have ever been on! This feels more like a shift in my body and my brain, and everyone is on my supportive team.

My office is the same way -- no concrete set goals. As long as I'm losing and doing my best they're happy....

Sleeved 12/26

Start weight 247

Surgery weight 240

Today's weight 208

Total lost 39 lbs. And that was with a twelve day stall.

Hi Jennifer

Can you share what typical menu is for you? Calories, carbs? You're doing so well and I'm only at 20 lbs 6 weeks post op.

If anyone else wants to share please do!!

Thanks

Dana

I can relate to the frustration of not seeing your loss. My high weight was 302 pounds. I'm now at 270. The numbers look great, but no one else seems to notice the loss. It's just, frustrating.