Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahhhhhhhh, Loose Skin Everywhere

I so much rather have this bit of extra skin than that weight any day, but I just had to share. I have the panni apron that I will have surgery for in another year. I have empty tube sock boobs that look fine in a bra. I have bat wings, but they aren't that noticeable. I have inner thigh skin that will keep me from wearing short-shorts or a bikini. Thank goodness for that because a 47 year old shouldn't go there anyway.

Here's the rub though. Lately I have been noticing extra skin in weird place. It not gross or anything. It's just weird. I have extra skin I can grab on my back and poor butt.

Here's the weirdest: I have extra skin ON MY FINGERS!!!! My knuckles are baggy!!!

I can tell you that I never expected THAT!

Im right there with you. I love the weightloss but hate the "naked" look. I feel like a starving elephant when I look in the mirror. My knuckles aren't saggy. May be due to my job. I work in an office when I type close to 7 hours a day. I can pull skin up on my fingers but its not noticeable. I've been going over my insurance website this morning - I read a year ago it covers skin removal after surgery but can't find it online now and they don't give out books anymore. :( Anyone else know? Blue Cross Blue Advantage - TRU BLUE Arkansas

have extra skin ON MY FINGERS!!!! My knuckles are baggy!!!

Catracks

Congrats on losing 99 lbs!!! WooHoo

we both lost about the same amount of lbs

i have that extra skin you are talking about too, but NOT in the knuckles, fingers

it is weird - but like you said "rather have this extra bit of skin than that weight any day" :)

keep doing what you are doing, its obviously working for you

good job

happy new year

I agree would take the weight loss anyday, but I'm starting to look like a melted candle in places! And I love the tube sock remark...I'm right there with ya gal!!

Hey, but my calves ROCK...lol... hard, toned and unblemished. My forearms are pretty good... every where else I can find some weird little loose skin etc. Even my elbows...lol

I am paranoid about it and do want to have a TT and perhaps my inner thighs (my horror zone) fixed - but the people around me really tell me that the other isn't that bad I am just hyper sensitive. So, at 48 I have no business in miniskirts or short shorts either so in clothing, I look pretty okay.

I catalog books so I type all day. I can pull up a ridge all along my finger. I wonder If I dehydrated. It kind of stays there for a bit. Oh well.

My calves have always been rock hard, musceled and on the larger size. I can just get into boots with a 15" circumference. My forearms are fine and my neck and face is pretty good.

I wonder if any of it eventually tones up a little.

"Melted candle." LMAO!

Grammy, we have been running about neck and neck since the beginning.

I noticed my arms yesterday in the mirror and was depressed. I need to start lifting weights and tone it up since Spring is on its way.

My family and I had a good laugh the other day. I was wearing a fitted short sleeved shirt and I raised my arm to show my bruise from my picc line and voila a muscle popped up lol I saw it and they saw it and we were all saying where the heck did that come from...I said " who knew I was hiding guns under all that weight"

it was a nice feeling and funny

But I too have the extra skin and though its frustrating, I would rather have it then the pounds.

You very well can have loose skin on your back and butt. You will need a lower body lift to remove this extra skin but they go all the way around and do the Tummy Tuck too!! Voila a new you!!

I am 48 years old and still have alot of livin' to do especially now that I am slim. I am going in January 2013 to Tijuana for some plastics. I want to be able to wear a bathing suit as I love going to the beach and hope to be doing so for many more years.

I love the beach too, but I've seen those 360 degree things. I don't think I can do it.

LOL, thanks for sharing, I can totally relate. I never noticed the extra skin on the fingers until just now LOL. Oh well, I'm happy I've lost the weight and I'll work on toning or look into plastic surgery later. Loved your post!

I so much rather have this bit of extra skin than that weight any day' date=' but I just had to share. I have the panni apron that I will have surgery for in another year. I have empty tube sock boobs that look fine in a bra. I have bat wings, but they aren't that noticeable. I have inner thigh skin that will keep me from wearing short-shorts or a bikini. Thank goodness for that because a 47 year old shouldn't go there anyway.

Here's the rub though. Lately I have been noticing extra skin in weird place. It not gross or anything. It's just weird. I have extra skin I can grab on my back and poor butt.

Here's the weirdest: I have extra skin ON MY FINGERS!!!! My knuckles are baggy!!!

I can tell you that I never expected THAT![/quote']

LMAO! I was JUST talking about the extra skin on my fingers...sort of like an elephant's knees!!!! I am 52and I am living everything you're talking about, especially the tube sock boobs. Not very attractive, but neither was the 70lbs I just lost!

I watched a You Tube video on this topic today. The girl in the video was probably at least a decade younger than me (late 20s/early 30s) and she lost an excess of 100 pounds. She could wear single digit sizes, but she also had purchased "girdles" (old fashioned word, but I forget what she called them) to "hold in" her loose skin. Well, I was thinking that she must have so much loose skin, but when she took off the girdle to show her natural body, I thought she had done a fantastic job of toning up. Yes. She had loose skin, but it wasn't sagging like my 80-year old grandmother's. I would have called the stomach area a small "pooch." Now, I have had 4 kids, so to me if I could look like that (with the pooch), I would be okay and not need plastic surgery. She was in a different place in life, though, and opted for plastic surgery before her wedding. That being said, I think for everyone it is a personal decision how we live with (or without) the extra skin. Most of you who have lost around 100 lbs have said that the saggy skin is much preferable to the fat and don't think you will find anyone who disagrees with you.

I might add that a special person who might see you naked will most likely prefer a little loose skin to the extra weight too. I have been informed that my time at the gym has paid off. :)

I hate to laugh but I think a lot of us relate!

The good news is that I think you can expect a lot of rearranging and tightening between year one and two. It was truly amazing how much my skin rebounded and how much my weight shifted once I was within ten pounds of goal. Without losing more than five pounds, I lost an entire pant size, regained my hourglass figure and got to the point where the only really bad places with skin were my stomach (but I've had twins, remember!) and breasts. Everything else that was driving me nuts around one year post op (butt, thighs, upper arms and even my calves, of all places!) seemed to tighten up enough that I no longer felt I'd need/want plastics to fix them up.

I'd definitely take the loose skin and the consequent higher end retro girdles and Shapewear over the fat any day of the week. I put off plastics even more by choosing to get pregnant now, but the skin is actually pretty easy to live with once you're used to living with it and nobody but my husband knows what I'm hiding under my clothes, anyway.

So, hang in there. I know that both age and genetics are a factor here but I really do think that once your weight stabilizes you'll find it's not so bad.

I can't believe you're almost a year out already!!

~Cheri