Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12/31 surgery date - 1st time in a long time that I am excited for NYE

Your shoulder pain is referred pain from your stomach which shares nerve pathways. It should resolve itself soon though. Glad you're getting your liquids and Protein in!! The tiniest of sips has been making my sleeve gurgle and cramp. I'm hoping that is short lived!

Glad to hear you guys are all doing so well!

Love the support you're giving each other.

Keep us posted on your progress. :)

This is so exciting!! Congrats!! Keep us posted along the way:)

Jaime are you getting better with liquids?

Hope everyone else is recovering well!

How soon and how much is everyone going to start walking?

I had to check back into the hospital for a bit to get iv fluids and steroids. I think I was pretty swollen from surgery and wasn't getting enough in. I'm feeling better now though and should leave soon :) just a minor bump in recovery :) how are you doing?

I have slept a lot today and attempted to stay away from the pain elixir because it makes me very nauseous based on taste.. my nectar Lemon Tea Protein came in today so I am sipping away on that which is much more easier to tolerate than the creamy Oh Yeah or Muscle Milk... still a decent amount of irritation in the shoulders and some associated pain in my neck which may be from the manipulation during surgery. Jamie, how did you know you needed to check back in? hope you are feeling better soon.

Jaime sorry to hear you had to go back in, I hope all is better!

Major what is the nectar Protein? Sounds tasty!

I'm had some sf Popsicles and premier shakes today, not sure if I'm taking enough in. It seems like my gas pain is going away, I've been burping alot today. I wish I could chug some Water.

With even tiny sips of Water I was having severe cramping and I wasn't getting much down. I started getting lightheaded and called my doctors office. He had me go in for fluids and steroids and upped my Prilosec dosage. My bp was pretty low so I had been a little dehydrated. But the Fluid and steroids have really helped and inflammation is down. I can now sip fluids and not cramp :) glad you ladies are doing well too. I think I need to try some nectar tea. That sounds good!

2nd day home I'm feeling pretty good! Gas started passing this morning when I woke up! Been walking around the house, walking outside, and only had to take pain meds twice! Having a hard time getting my fluids in also after I drink my tummy gets a little hurt... Tomorrow I start milk, yogurt, etc! Hopefully, I can tolerate it well.

Yay Jwhite! I think walking really helps! Glad you're progressing well! :)

I had surgery 12-31 also. stayed 2 nights in hospital although they would have let me go after 1. drinking no problem for me. once i got rid of gas, i feel good. Jello, broth, juice for meals. hope everyone is doing well!

Glad you're doing well! :)

Synthrax nectar... Not really creamy, more kool aid like... The lemon tea isn't clear but easier to handle..think they have it at GNC..I ordered it from amazon...passing gas, litte to no pain meds, low grade fever but assuming that is to b expected... I could sleep all day but trying to get up and get more Protein and fluid..feel pretty good but need to get some walking in

How funny! I'm going with a friend and getting a mani/pedi to relax me lol

Let me know how this works... I might do the same :P

I could use a few book recommendations! I've got a few on my list but nothing I'm really excited about.

Some of my favorite books I've ready this year:

11/22/63 by Stephen King (best book I've ever read, and not horror like you might think from SK. On sale too!)

The Four Horsemen by Ben Sussman

Calico Joe: A Noel by John Grisham

Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn