Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Special K Protein Cereal...

I just bought a box and I love it. It has 10 grams of Protein per 3/4 cup serving. It has 7 grams of sugar per serving. Is that too much sugar? It is lightly sweetened with a hint of cinnamon. Combined with skim milk, that gives a pretty good source of protein for my Breakfast. Of course, I was not able to eat a full serving, but it is a start.

I love it! It is quick and easy! I have been eating it almost every morning for the past month. I love it with almond milk, actually. I tried it with skim milk and it wasn't as good. I am not sure what amount of sugar we are supposed to get, but I figure that it is really the only sugar I am getting in in a day so I'm okay with it.

What are the carbs per serving? I know we don't eat a whole serving ( at least I can't), but I'm just curious :)

OMG I love that cereal! I was eating it pre-op and was hoping to be able to have it again in a few weeks/months. My NUT told me to look for things that are <5 g sugar, but really, if you mostly restrict your sugar anyway, what's an extra 2g? And thats if you eat the whole serving. I'd say we're good.

Edited: total carbs are 19. I still have 1/2 box in my cupboard. I'm not planning on counting carbs, per se, just keeping my diet low-sugar.

-Kendra

Starting weight: 302

Weight this morning: 259

Sleeved 12/17/12

I was told no more than 19g of carbs at a single sitting, so that would still fit with what I was told, especially since I couldn't eat a whole serving unless I took an hour to do it :P

I am going to have to seek this out and give it a try :)

I really like the cereal as well. I was excited to find it. It helps to give our bodies a little break from all the meat and egg Proteins.

Good stuff! :)

I might have to give this a try then :)

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm preop and I know it will be a long time before I can eat this but I love cereal for breakfast and I was not excited about not having it post op.

I just bought a box and I love it. It has 10 grams of Protein per 3/4 cup serving. It has 7 grams of sugar per serving. Is that too much sugar? It is lightly sweetened with a hint of cinnamon. Combined with skim milk' date=' that gives a pretty good source of Protein for my breakfast. Of course, I was not able to eat a full serving, but it is a start.[/quote']

How many weeks r u?