Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In need of some support.

Why do I feel like the surgery is not working? I'm 9 weeks out and I lost 60lbs but when I stepped back on the scale a few weeks ago I had gained some. I was so discouraged. Then my father passed away and I know I haven't been taking care of myself like I should. But could I really be already not losing anymore? I am so scared this is going to be something else I fail.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You most likely hit the nail on the head by saying you haven't been taking care of yourself like you should. You have been through a lot, but have done so well so far. A 60lb. loss in 9 weeks is huge. Try to get yourself back on track and take care of you. You know what you have to do. It is great that you looked for support... you've got it! There is not a one of us here that can't relate to how you feel on some level.

You can do this, remind yourself how far you have come and what your goals are. You CAN do this.

Take care.

Initially, it always seems like no matter what we do, the sleeve will work its magic. But gradually we get to the point that we need to do more because the sleeve does less. By then, many people have learned new eating behaviors that will help you continue to lose weight. But if you don't eat right and take care of yourself, the sleeve may not protect you from regain. The good news is the sleeve is still there, so if you jump back on the horse and start doing the things you know to do, the sleeve will help and you'll be back on track.

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I haven't been eating too much or anything bad for that matter. But I don't do my excesses anymore. Having a loved one pass away is so stressful and I feel like the pain is never going to go away. But I know my dad would want me to do this. He was such a great support and encourage.

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my father 13 years ago and we were very close. I cannot say that the pain goes away, but it does lessen and become easier to cope over time. Through diet and exercise, I was at my healthiest adult weight at his funeral, but emotional eating afterwards undid all of that. I lost my dad due to his morbid obesity and I have promised myself that I do not want to go down the same path and he wouldn't want it for me either. I sincerely hope that you can find the strength through your pain to continue to make healthy food choices and get back to your exercise regimen, so that you can achieve what you set out to achieve when you were sleeved 9 weeks ago. Best of luck to you.

Thanks again. Like I said I know he would want me to be healthy for my children. I am also in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. It's been almost 5 years. Eating was my outlet for all those years and no I don't have that anymore. I want to make good choices but I'm not sure how to do that.

So so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs :) I will have you in my prayers. Hangn i there and remember why you did this. Get back on track and take care of you! Good luck and keep us posted.

Initially' date=' it always seems like no matter what we do, the sleeve will work its magic. But gradually we get to the point that we need to do more because the sleeve does less. By then, many people have learned new eating behaviors that will help you continue to lose weight. But if you don't eat right and take care of yourself, the sleeve may not protect you from regain. The good news is the sleeve is still there, so if you jump back on the horse and start doing the things you know to do, the sleeve will help and you'll be back on track.[/quote']

Butter you are so awesome! What a great reply as always ????????????

I'm so sorry you lost your Dad. But keep trying, Becca!

One day at a time. I have faith in you!

My dad passed three years ago due partly from being morbidly obese. He had sleep apnea and high blood pressure (like me). He had back pain (like me). He had heart disease and other issues that thankfully I don't have yet. I'm doing this to myself so I don't become like him -- sort of a self- intervention. I'm NOT going to follow him into his grave!

I'm so so sorry for your loss. I can truly empathize with you. You need to buck up and turn that sadness into motivation now! Don't get lost by not taking care of yourself - your dad wouldn't want that I'm sure because I know damn well my father is rooting for me!