Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate Food but love fruit!

Ok As you can tell from my title, I am addicted to fruits nowadays!! I am eager for feedback.

It is the only thing i can eat and not feel like throwing up after!

this is what i have been having almost everyday for a month now:

breakfast: 1 cup of mixed fruits (strawberry, kiwi, apple, avocado, pineapple) with some orange juice.< /p>

Snack: i drink 1/2 cup cuties oranges juice.

lunch: 4 oz cooked chicken breast with ketchup

snack: half a banana

dinner: 2 cheese sticks

Snack: i drink 1/2 cup cuties oranges juice.

I dont feel nauseous after these foods but everything else make me throw up...

So my question is am i going overboard with all the fruits?

I lost 36 pounds so far but been at a stall for a week now and am afraid its because of what am eating, my doctor is ok with all this but am devastated and afraid that i will not lose any more weight :(

comment_035.jpg

How far out are you? I am assuming early stages. You should be having Protein with every meal... include some in your Breakfast too. juice wouldn't be in my NUTs plan either but we all have different guidelines, I see it as empty calories myself! - Congrats on the loss :)

I will be two months out on the 7th of january, i dont take any Vitamins because my doc said that i should eat my Vitamins not take them as pills, same with Protein.. Lmao everything is different with every doc.. And i manage to get about 400 calories a day sometimes 600 if i feel like eating more.. but meats are still hard on my stomach, cant eat a lot of them.

thank you on your feedback... will definitely try to eat more Proteins

You were sleeved a day after me :) Wow can't believe your Dr doesn't believe in taking vitamins! Mine doesnt want me drinking Protein Shakes or eating bars which seems to be uncommon on these threads. How do eggs sit with you? Good alternative to meat. I'm a bit sick of being a carnivore myself!! I think as long as u stick to your eating plans and exercise its pretty hard to fail at this pretty amazing tool we have!

WOW thats great, i see that you are successful so far, congrats on your success!! And eggs, ugh my taste buds changed after this surgery, i used to love eggs now i gag (sorry for the expression) when i smell them. But i just hope that with exercise and staying away from sweets ill do just fine... it just concern me how much i hate Proteins and how much i love fruits (used to hate them)... its amazing how much my taste has changed after this surgery.

2297.gif

You really have me torn here.

On one hand I want to say Kudos for eating natural. Fruits are great for you, talk about micronutrient rich eating.

On the other hand all I can think about is all the sugar you are consuming , and the Protein you are lacking.

Let's see if we can work together to round out your diet some. You stated you are at about 400calories a day, so we are plenty good even doubling your caloric intake.

First, the first hing that is making me want to scream is the orange juice, talk about high sugars. But really @ your caloric intake you have to be drinking very small amounts.

So what I would like to do is cut the O J 50/50 with Water & add a scoop of Nectar® fuzzy navel. (we are adding to the OJ, not cutting it in half)

If you do this 2x per day, you willincrease your hydration some & add 40g of Protein to your diet(high quality protein at that)

Now, are you averse to vegetables? Can we put a salad in there somewhere? Let's use dark greens, none of that iceberg lettuce junk. Dark greens like Kale are goin to be packed with micronutrients & contain a bit of protein too.

Do you like ranch dressing? Try this grab a container of plain(non fat) Greek yogurt, some skim milk and a packet powdered ranch mix. Mix them to the flavor strength & consistency you prefer.

Also this salad is a great place to throw in a couple ounces of chicken & maybe some cheese.

I'm assuming there is a lot of Water a.ready included in your day. You didn't mention any, but you also didn't mention being hospitalized due to dehydration either.

And just so you know, stalls are completely normal. Honestly, many here don't even count it as a stall till its gone 2weeks. Mine was a doozie I went 7 weeks with no loss at all.

Keep your chin up. You'll be fine.

Dear OTC,

Your intentions are great, but she is living in Lebanon, and we can"t get many of the "fun and yummy" Protein supplements here :( I wish we could, I am tortured when reading some of the recipes/protein shake ideas posted by other sleevers!!!

I can advise MrsSaso to go to GNC and buy whey Protein. YES we do have a GNC but with a limited stock. There is one on Bliss Street, Hamraa Street and Mar Elias.

My Surgeon also hasn't recommended any Vitamins. I'm following what I have researched on the internet.

Good Luck!

Dear OTC' date='

Your intentions are great, but she is living in Lebanon, and we can"t get many of the "fun and yummy" Protein supplements here :( I wish we could, I am tortured when reading some of the recipes/protein shake ideas posted by other sleevers!!!

I can advise MrsSaso to go to GNC and buy whey Protein. YES we do have a GNC but with a limited stock. There is one on Bliss Street, Hamraa Street and Mar Elias.

My Surgeon also hasn't recommended any Vitamins. I'm following what I have researched on the internet.

Good Luck![/quote']

Thank you, I wasn't aware of the inability to find these products. I figured Amazon would ship almost anywhere. It would increase the cost, but I'd be willing to ship products to anywhere as long as it's not illegal. Also it would have to be a PayPal transaction.

Hi MrsSaso

I agree that try and get your Protein in. Because protein deficiency can cause hair

Loss, muscle loss weakness and according to my Nut land you back in the hospital.

I love your art!!

You are successful you can do it!

Congrats!

Merry Christmas!

Amazon will ship, but it is expensive! I usually wait for someone coming to visit and have them bring things ;)

O.T.R thank you for your great input and even though am in lebanon and everything is limited here, i will start trying more veggies.. am just scared that my stomach wont tolerate greens yet.. i tried eating a bit of a cucumber once but it hurt a lot.

And since i wrote this thread i tried to eat more meats and Proteins because Protein shakes are out of my equation since i tried a Protein shake once that a friend brought me from over seas and it tasted like milk!!! i threw up for two hours after (i hate milk).

Also, as catherine has mentioned... what you have available for you in america, we are lacking here we dont have a lot of choices even the meats it seems as everything tastes the same for me and i get bored. I broke my stall today and am down a pound but i got depressed because a pound in ten days is not what i wanted... but i guess what broke my stall is eating more meats less fruits.

Ill keep doing that and add some veggies to see how that works out.

Ballermom, thank you for your reply... Eating a lot of meat gets boring i hope you get lucky finding the right Protein Drink since i cant find any here.

And catherine... you are lucky that everyone knows about the surgery... mine is kept a secret between my husband, parents and i. So i cant ask anyone to bring me anything when they come or else they will know. Plus no one is coming anytime soon i hope i go.. :( akh i am hating it here

O.T.R thank you for your great input and even though am in lebanon and everything is limited here' date=' i will start trying more veggies.. am just scared that my stomach wont tolerate greens yet.. i tried eating a bit of a cucumber once but it hurt a lot.

And since i wrote this thread i tried to eat more meats and Proteins because Protein shakes are out of my equation since i tried a Protein shake once that a friend brought me from over seas and it tasted like milk!!! i threw up for two hours after (i hate milk).

Also, as catherine has mentioned... what you have available for you in america, we are lacking here we dont have a lot of choices even the meats it seems as everything tastes the same for me and i get bored. I broke my stall today and am down a pound but i got depressed because a pound in ten days is not what i wanted... but i guess what broke my stall is eating more meats less fruits.

Ill keep doing that and add some veggies to see how that works out.

Ballermom, thank you for your reply... Eating a lot of meat gets boring i hope you get lucky finding the right Protein Drink since i cant find any here.

And catherine... you are lucky that everyone knows about the surgery... mine is kept a secret between my husband, parents and i. So i cant ask anyone to bring me anything when they come or else they will know. Plus no one is coming anytime soon i hope i go.. :( akh i am hating it here[/quote']

Eat a lot of Laban, great protein!

Thank you hun, how did i miss that? lmao... definitely buying laban today :)

thanks for the feed back and good luck on your journey <3