Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling discouraged--sleeved Dec 3

Post op appt was yesterday. Lost 16 lbs in 17 days. So many others have lost a lot more. Is it cause I'm 53 going to be 54? Because I'm lazy and didn't really exercise? Any thoughts or wisdom to share?

I'm feeling discouraged and now moving to soft foods. Thinking if I only lost that much on shakes only, I'll not even lose that much on food.< /p>

Thats almost a pound a day. thats awesome!! your body is adjusting to a huge change and healing itself. dont be to hard on yourself, give it time. your gonna do just fine. start off by walking a little bit and slowly increase as you loss more weight your engery is gonna go up. take care and congrats!!

I think diets are different when some one loses allot than when not. I have only a few things I am allowed, other people seem to get dilutted drinks, juic, milk, and next step Cereal & more prtein drinks etc.., none of which my doctor allows. My loss is higher after 10 days only.

What's the hurry? This isn't a race. You don't get bonus points for losing it quickly. Steady weight loss over the next year is all that matters. Don't worry about how much you lose after a couple of weeks or a month. See where you are at 3 months out. If you are a quarter towards your goal at that point then you are fine.

16 pounds in 17 days???!!! You go MaryDrew! That's excellent. You should not feel discouraged at all--you are doing GREAT. And don't worry about when you start to eat foods; you will only be able to get in a few bites here and there. Cheer up Honey you are doing and amazing job!

That's a great job! Everyone loses at different paces-I call it their "weight loss endurance". In the race to goal, some stop along the way to catch a breather, some sprint out of the gate then walk the rest, some go slow and steady....we all get there eventually-stats don't lie! You WILL lose 60-80 % of your weight in the first year.

Imagine even losing half of what you have to? You will be there!!!!

Hi. I am 13 days out and have lost 16lbs. I am 52 and am very happy that it is just going down. Don't care how long it takes as long as it s heading down, weight that is. Keep positive and keep smiling :)

over a pound a day is pretty good but I have to ask... What do you expect if you are unwilling to exercise? Are you unable? Did you get this surgery thinking it would just fall off you with no effort? I'll save my sympathies for someone actually trying.

Just a little tough love - I am not trying to be mean but I think you might need a reality check here. This mentality is disastrous.

I think diets are different when some one loses allot than when not. I have only a few things I am allowed, other people seem to get dilutted drinks, juic, milk, and next step Cereal & more prtein drinks etc.., none of which my doctor allows. My loss is higher after 10 days only.

Hey what does your dr allow? I'm cleared to eat soft/mushy foods as of yesterday and that didn't go well. I mainly drink Isopure, Water, unsweetend hot or iced tea and chicken or vegetable broth. I was able to keep some applesauce do this morning (YAY!)

You didn't gain the weight overnight, so you aren't going to lose it overnight.Give it time, it will happen. And when you hit a stall, and you will, just ride it out and don't get discouraged.

You're losing at least a pound a day so far. That's awesome. Everyone's journey on here is SO different. I am a little over 3 weeks post-op. I started out very heavy as you can see by my stats. I dropped 38 lbs. in 2 weeks. Now for the past 10 days I haven't lost anything. As a matter of fact I was gaining a pound a day for like 5 days! It stopped & I am down 2 of those 5 lbs. as of this morning. I am following my nutrition plan 100% too. I am finding the scale is not always the best judge of my effort. I have had people telling me how much thinner my face & stomach look, but I don't see it at all. I do feel it in my pants waist, though. I was comparing my loss to others sleeved on the same day & getting very frustrated. I guess the point of all my rambling is we have made a huge change. It is going to take awhile to get our bodies regulated & our heads wrapped around this new lifestyle. Hang in there. Keep doing what you're supposed too & you WILL get to your goal. I know that I will too. It may not be as fast as we thought or wanted, but we are headed in the right direction.

Hey what does your dr allow? I'm cleared to eat soft/mushy foods as of yesterday and that didn't go well. I mainly drink Isopure, Water, unsweetend hot or iced tea and chicken or vegetable broth. I was able to keep some applesauce do this morning (YAY!)

Exactly and only; Decaf coffee or tea, fat free low salt broths, crystal light, fruit20, herbal tea, sugar free popsicles, artificial sweeteners. specified Protein low sugar drink > 2 oz X 3 daily breakfats, lunch, dinner. until christmas day.

Thats it

on the 2 stage to my diet, second progression added diced meats and vegies, start with week # 1; eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, 3 x 2oz. per day and no Protein drinks any more, progression last 1 month 1 week, and then I add Protein grams with all the added stuff. 50 to 60 per day. No carbs, no fruits, lowest sugar, lowest fat.

week 1 yogurt, egg. cottage cheese, week 2 fish, week 3 chicken, week 4 beef&cheeses, week 5 add to 50 60 grams.

Thats my entire diet.

Also, if you don't mind I just wanted to add for MaryDrew, I don't want to be a negative bummer for you here, the diets are what you make them, when it comes time to challenge this on your own keep in mind you get out what you put into the diet menu I guess, that sounds more possitive than just to say I lost more or most via strict diet, a pound a day seems a fair and good average to a normal diet, I see why it is you'd expected to lose more but challenge yourself a little more here and there and keep losing that pound, lots of luck.

Post op appt was yesterday. Lost 16 lbs in 17 days. So many others have lost a lot more. Is it cause I'm 53 going to be 54? Because I'm lazy and didn't really exercise? Any thoughts or wisdom to share?

I'm feeling discouraged and now moving to soft foods. Thinking if I only lost that much on shakes only' date=' I'll not even lose that much on food.[/quote']

Are you a low bmi? My date was dec 3 too, I am low bmi and have not wavered from my diet once. I lost 15 PDs the first week and nothing since. Not one pound gained or lost. But It doesn't bug me because I know it has to

Come off eventually lol. Also I haven't excersize s yet either besides chasing around my three little kids. I run out of energy very fast and my back is sore. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on. It's different for everyone:) hugs!