Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 20 and scared!

I'm just scared ' date=' I herd you loose you hair, can't drink alcohol. I just don't want to loose my social life[/quote']

If you keep your Protein up around 80 grams a day and take your Vitamins you should lose very little hair! As for the rest I don't know. I don't drink and I have kids! Lol! But I can fellow you- I wish I would have done it sooner! I wont lie to you. This has been the hardest 3 weeks! Its been very emotional and trying but each day is getting better and better. After people start tellingnyou how wonderful you look and you start not fitting in your clothes anymore after only a few weeks you will remember why you wanted this to begin with. I had about a week right when I got home thatni would have done anything to go back in timenand not have had the surgery but it got better quickly. This forum has helped me a lot! Feel free to post anything. I have never had anyone be mean or condescending with a reply. Just a lot of people who have been there and understand!

Haha sooo great!!! Listen to this girl' date=' she knows what she's talking about!!! The beginning will be tough but once you get the hang of it you will have a new and improved social life!![/quote']

Thanks girl! (:

I am 20, had surgery done on nov 7th... and am doing great 43 pounds lost so far! dont be nervous. wish you a great recovery <3

I'm 20 too and pretty nervous. But I just think of it like this: I am young enough now to turn my life around. I have already wasted too long being overweight, never doing the things I wanted to or going where I want. Now I have the tool I need (sleeve) to change my life so why wouldn't I do it? We are still so young with so much to look forward too!!! Good luck xx

P.s message me if you want to chat sometime :)

I'm 20 too and pretty nervous. But I just think of it like this: I am young enough now to turn my life around. I have already wasted too long being overweight' date=' never doing the things I wanted to or going where I want. Now I have the tool I need (sleeve) to change my life so why wouldn't I do it? We are still so young with so much to look forward too!!! Good luck xx

P.s message me if you want to chat sometime :)[/quote']

I agree one hundred percent with you. That is why I am getting the surgery. Congrats on making the decision! We can do this!

I'm 19 and I got sleeved yesterday. I'm already at home I feel good. Just sore. For your pain mess get liquid not the whole pills. It helps and sip on Water. Constantly. You will do fine. I was FREAKING OUT LIKE PANIC ATTACK. But it's all good. The anticipation was the worst. Keep in touch.

-Ayla

I'm 19 and I got sleeved yesterday. I'm already at home I feel good. Just sore. For your pain mess get liquid not the whole pills. It helps and sip on Water. Constantly. You will do fine. I was FREAKING OUT LIKE PANIC ATTACK. But it's all good. The anticipation was the worst. Keep in touch.

-Ayla

We have a Facebook group for girls in their 20's that have gotten sleeved! You can add me on fb and I can add you, if you want? Facebook.com/teribearyy

Hey everyone I'm 19 I'm getting sleeved on the 28th I'm on preopp diet !!! It's the hardest thing ever I'm dying I'm so hungry I need support I'm scared about have excess skin

Im not young im.35 but i wanted to wish you good luck :) i wish i had this option available at your age. I love my sleeve i believe you will too.

I'm 19 and I got sleeved yesterday. I'm already at home I feel good. Just sore. For your pain mess get LIQUID not the whole pills. It helps and sip on Water. Constantly. You will do fine. I was FREAKING OUT LIKE PANIC ATTACK. But it's all good. The anticipation was the worst. Keep in touch.

-Ayla

How are you doing ?!

I'm 19 and was sleeved 2/6 and I had second thoughts but I have to say this was the BEST decision I've ever made!!! Down 31lbs already!

I'm 24.

Its scary, we have a long life ahead of us to live with this choice.

im 17 and had my surgery December 21st, 2012 best thing i ever did down 67lbs now.

im 17 and had my surgery December 21st' date=' 2012 best thing i ever did down 67lbs now.[/quote']

Wow good for you !!!!!!! You lost weight super fast any suggestions ?!

I'm 60, was 59 when I had my surgery. Listen, you don't have to be young to be scared! I was bawling my eyes out on the way into the operating room!! And before the surgery, when I was considering it all, I was scared to death of the lifestyle change I knew must happen.

It all turned out to be so easy... so hang in there, this will be the best thing you could do for yourself!