Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why in the hell did I have this sugery during the holidays! I'm one week out and craving food bad!

I'm four days "removed" and last night my parents waltz in with all these Christmas goodies and put them in front of me like its no big deal. My brother is aghast at all the pastries and Cookies and they, who have never bought so much junk before, seem carefree and "innocent" I just smiled and walked upstairs to my room. Funny thing is, while I wasn't physically hungry, I could see how head hunger and bad habits can easily lead you down the wrong path. So for me, I think isolation and reflection this holiday season is going to be my M.O. Some people may think its the cowards way out, but I wouldn't drink in front of an alcoholic, but I also wouldn't expect them to expect me to change my life for their issues. With food, I feel the same. Marie Antoinette said, "Let them eat cake!" This holiday, I will concur.

12/14 here. No regrets, considering, I would have gain another 10 lbs pre-op if I waited. the list of foods I DIDN'T EAT last year at this time is shorter than what I did, so... I'm happy it's done!

I'm out running my million Christmas errands and it dawns on me how often I would be consuming food throughout the day. I have spare time! Thank the Lord I am not hungry at all and have to remind myself to sip and stop for my broth. Thank you thank you thank you... I am blessed

I was sleeved 10/29 and my fiancé was sleeved Tuesday. It's hard to watch him go through these first couple days because I know how hard it is, and I wish there was more I could do. But I think the first week is kind of like a right I passage, it sucks, it's hard, and there are a lot of tears and doubt, but it is all worth it. Each week is better and your mind and your body will start to work together again soon.

Honestly the only way I survived the first week was through this website. It is so encouraging a d I am so thankful for everyone a s their stories!

You all can do it, the holidays will suck but the pounds lost will make you cheerful again.....

Sleeved on Nov 28. With the holidays I had 3 family birthdays and the one I attended there was a coca cola cake that everyone said tasted like a brownie. I was only 4 days out so I sat there with a glass of Water. It has been so rough. But Xmas eve I can make cheese balls the way I can eat them. shredded lunch meats, deviled eggs, a handful of crackers. Sounds so good.

As I told a friend, as everyone puts on 5 lbs over the holidays I have lost 31. How many people can say that. Next year is another time and we will have a new body to dress for the holidays.

Can you share your cheese ball recipe please?

I'm glad to be doing this over the holidays. Both because I get some time off of work to recoup, and because I would be gaining weight right now, if I hadn't had the surgery on Monday. What a great way to start the new year! Already loosing.

I was also sleeved on 12/17 and I feel like on x-mas day while everyone is eating delicious foods, I'll be in my room hiding from everyone to avoid from crying or something lol.

I chose this time because I needed to heal before heading back to college. I kind of regret it right now, but I know in May when I graduate it'll feel good to be 30+ pounds down!

I think it's important to realize you'll be losing weight over the holidays while people may gain, and yeah, it stinks you'll miss out on the food, but it's just 2 days or so! 2 LITTLE DAYS OUT OF THE WHOLE YEAR.

We can make it!

I also think we need to remember that we'll be starting the year right. Who needs a new years resolution that won't be kept? We have already made the change! Also, by next year we will be looking good for the holidays and all of the parties and even be able to eat in moderation...maybe looking back next year moderation will be easier because if we can live through eating nothing during the holidays then eating in moderation next year won't be too hard!

I'm with you all in total agreement. I'm honestly feeling very free not to be participating in overeating over the holidays. It is very liberating and making me feel like the change can be permanent. Imagine how much better we will all feel by next holiday season! How much stronger in our resolve from the success of the last 12 months.

I made the decision before I went in for surgery that this was a no regrets situation. I was doing something permanent and although I knew there would be good and bad days - this is a choice that cannot be taken back. I think this has helped me with the feelings of loss that although are present, are manageable. I think that not letting myself even go there is important for me. I look at each new day as a possibility and one day more moving (no matter how fast) in the right direction. All this being said, I think it's good to talk about your feelings - good and bad. Facing them is all a part of the adventure!

I think to myself.. What did I eat three xmas's ago fr dinner? What dessert did I try? I can't remember. But I remember being depressed about my weight every year. So although its tough I know this time next year I won't be depressed about my weight' date=' nor care about what I didn't eat;)[/quote']

SUCH WISE WORDS! I love this. :-)

I was sleeved on 12/21/12 and im thinking the exact same thing. Family get togethers and everyone stuffing their faces not fair but if this challenge shows us anything its that we can do it!! I cannot wait til i am on purees and soft foods. good luck to you.

I'm participating in family events and holidays, just differently :). I am 6 days post op and I've been getting broth out and I don't mind it. It takes me forever to "eat" anyway. I actually get to enjoy what is going on around me more. I can say I have wanted to taste some of the food they have had but not enough to have regrets. My family kept asking why I was doing it before the holidays and my thought was the same as some others - there will never be a perfect time. Here is to creating new and healthy holiday traditions!

I think wtf did I do about 500 times a day... But I find my encouragement by looking at some of the before n after pictures in this form.