Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why in the hell did I have this sugery during the holidays! I'm one week out and craving food bad!

I've been drinking my Protein Shakes, Water, crystal light, sf popsicles and Soups. I'm so sick of it! All of these food commercials and holiday parties, I'm so over it. I'm about to lose my freaking mind!!!!! Please help me with some kind words of encouragement that this phase will pass!

Deep breaths. I had surgery the week before Thanksgiving. I was thinking WHY the Hell did I do this?? about a million times on Thanksgiving. I was lucky enough to avoid the holiday and lock myself at home away from everyone...and food, but it was very rough. Especially when my best friend texted me to complain about how she over ate and was stuffed. Its really rough for a food addict to NOT be able to eat when all everyone is doing is stuffing their face. I described it to my mom like this...for a food addict to NOT be able to eat on Thanksgiving (or Christmas, or any of these holidays...) is like a crack head being told they can't do crack on national crack day, while everyone else around them, even people who normally do dont crack are going crazy smoking the stuff, the the TV, media and every other source is all 'Hey everyone it's crack day! Don't forget to do your crack!' ...okay a bit extreme but how I felt. We are food addicts, it's extremly tough to not be able to eat this time of year but see it EVERYWHERE. At work, the grocery store, TV...and heck even if you don't see it- you smell it! It drove me INSANE all day smelling my next door neighbor cooking on Thanksgiving!!

Just sending you some big hugs, I think we who suffered through the holidays deserve some extra bragging rights when all is said and done ;) And remember there will ALWAYS be more holidays in our futures! And now thanks to surgery hopefully a few extra ones!

Thank you fallenangel! No, it's not extreme because I feel the exact same way you do. I can't believe the frustration and anger that started to build up inside me. I knew this was a huge and permanent change and now that it's done it's just taking me a little longer to wrap my brain around it.

This has by far been the hardest thing I have ever done. I had no idea what I was getting Into.forget the physical aspect , the mental is so much more than I can handle. I'm so hungry it's the holidays I have cried and cried about doing this. But people just keep saying to keep my eye on the prize. I can't even drink Protein it's so gross and it hurts every time I swallow. I'm hungry all the time. I ate eggs and retried Beans today I wasn't supposed to until Monday. I'm terrified of a leak no one really told us about leaks. I know what you mean this is so hard but it will be over soon. Hang in there.

Sleeved on Nov 28. With the holidays I had 3 family birthdays and the one I attended there was a coca cola cake that everyone said tasted like a brownie. I was only 4 days out so I sat there with a glass of Water. It has been so rough. But Xmas eve I can make cheese balls the way I can eat them. shredded lunch meats, deviled eggs, a handful of crackers. Sounds so good.

As I told a friend, as everyone puts on 5 lbs over the holidays I have lost 31. How many people can say that. Next year is another time and we will have a new body to dress for the holidays.

It is hard ladies...I went to the store the other day and it was crazy how many things in there were screaming my name! I was actually sweating it was so bad! The junk is everywhere but we obviously need to stay strong! I love the crack reference by the way! lol We only have another week and I figure I can do just about anything for one week! As a prior poster said...we are going to lose a ton of wight over the holidays and all of those face stuffers can't say that!

I had my surgery Nov. 15th. I am only down 18lbs. I feel like such a failure. I am really trying to get the Protein in and drink the Water. So frustrated!! I understand your pain of holiday foods, but I have been good and stayed away from all the sweets, it really isn't bothering me, I just don't understand why I am still not losing. I lost 62lbs on my self imposed preop and my liquid diet. Feel like I was doing better on my own. Makes no sense. Sorry, just needed to vent.

Ronda, 18 pounds ina month is awesome!

Just think of what we will all lose over the holidays while everyone else is gaining. I have never lost weight this time of year. Love it!

Stay strong everyone :)

I had my surgery Nov. 15th. I am only down 18lbs. I feel like such a failure. I am really trying to get the Protein in and drink the Water. So frustrated!! I understand your pain of holiday foods, but I have been good and stayed away from all the sweets, it really isn't bothering me, I just don't understand why I am still not losing. I lost 62lbs on my self imposed preop and my liquid diet. Feel like I was doing better on my own. Makes no sense. Sorry, just needed to vent.

I understand that you're frustrated but 18 lbs in a month? Everyone loses differently and I'm sure it's hard to see people who are losing 18 pounds in a few weeks but at 18 pounds in a month you are still over 4 pounds a week and that's not too shabby if you ask me. I think sometimes we expect everything to happen so fast, the weight didn't pop up over night and it is definitely going to take time coming off. If you hit a 'stall' then call your nut for some advice but sometimes it's just about waiting it out. Best of luck to you!

I think to myself.. What did I eat three xmas's ago fr dinner? What dessert did I try? I can't remember. But I remember being depressed about my weight every year. So although its tough I know this time next year I won't be depressed about my weight, nor care about what I didn't eat;)

I was sleeved on Monday & it's Thursday, definitely feeling like why did I do this. Pain is better, but I'm hungry! I know I can't go back, but feeling depressed.

I was offered surgery on 12/24 but declined it. I say it's because I want to be able to Celebrate with my grand kids but I think a bigger part of it is not wanting to be on liquids during the holidays. I'm fine with Portion Control, but the liquid diet? And just having surgery? Oh no. Maybe that's a little selfish but I just couldn't wrap my brain around having surgery during holidays. I hope you guys get thru this. The holidays will be over soon and you can just concentrate on that beautiful body you will have by the next holiday season. Good luck!

It is definitely not the most ideal time of the year for me to have surgery. My daughter turns 4 in two dayys. Three out of four of my kids have Christmas parties at school. However, I opted for December surgery because our health insurance is changing in January and it would mean us taking on more of the expense. I can't say that I have had any cravings since the surgery was done this past Monday, but my incisions hurt more this morning (day 3 post op), which means moving around hurts more. In any case, we all have to keep our "eye on the prize," which is better health.

I've been drinking my Protein shakes, Water, crystal light, sf popsicles and Soups. I'm so sick of it! All of these food commercials and holiday parties, I'm so over it. I'm about to lose my freaking mind!!!!! Please help me with some kind words of encouragement that this phase will pass!

I thought about that too when I was getting ready for surgery and then I realized there probably is never going to be an ideal time to have the surgery and putting it off just means I was going to gain more weight. It is extremely tough, even after being sleeved with all the holiday food that is around. Fortunately you have it within your power to control what you are eating and drinking, plus you are in an important phase where you need to stay on your pre-op diet, although it can be maddening. I remember watching TV during my pre-op diet and realizing not just how many food commercials there are but that every commercial is for food that is bad for us. You can do it!

you guys having surgery during the holidays are very brave! people like me thinking NO WAY, have let the food take control of our lives (to a higher level).....seriously, would we postpone a hip fracture surgery?? or a heart cath? our sleeve surgery is saving our lives, at least prolonging them.

Happy Holidays to all and be strong!!