Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was worried about taking too much in being 3 days post op. But now that I'm 5 days I realized the pain I have with Water is normal. I'm just going to bare through it. The only thing that goes down without pain is warm Soup. And I can fill myself up on soup all day so I started to just evaluate the situation and I'm going to listen to my body. I am glad I'm understanding this a lot better. I have more confidence today :o)

If warm Soup goes down easy, will warm or room temperature Water also go down easy? I know that I am weird because I prefer my beverages at room temp, but this might be something to consider. Good Luck!

No room temp isnt any easier. I would have thought so too. Ty for your suggestion. I figure its a small price to pay to have my life back.

Warm liquids are still my favorites. My stomach reacts very strongly to cold anything and I'll usually feel nauseated when I drink it.

I'm 3 days post op and when I drink cold liquids my stomach kinda cramps up for a few seconds. Does that happen to you?

I get pain in my stomach and chest, first I thought I was putting too much in. Then I realized when it was happening. At some point we should be able to handle it better :o)

Cold constricts, warm relaxes. I drank a ton of warm Decaf chai tea and broth to stay hydrated until the swelling inside went down and I could tolerate cold liquids better. Luckily its temporary.

Same here, I couldn't abide anything cold, but I was amazed at how much warm Soup I could get down. I kept making the Isopure that I was required to get down colder, thinking that I was gagging at the taste, rather than listening to my sleeve that it was cramping from the cold. Good news is that my sleeve is over it now, I'm 10 days post-op and can take any temp that I want.

I have crampy pain sometimes and I noticed it's when it's Cold, Ate too much or Too fast. It's like my stomach says STOP! But it works cause I listen. The hardest is when there is one little bite left and I think I can eat and then I get tipped into the Too Full zone. Best thing is to get back to really listening to our body. For so long I ate too much and whenever I wanted.

Thanks everybody. I tried hot liquids once and it made me hot all over so i didn't try again until yesterday with some peppermint tea. I still had to wait until it was lukewarm, but i guess I'll have to try them again. Maybe some broth tonight.

I am 6 months out from my sleeve and down 102 lbs, when I first came home I could only tolerate room temp liquids, so we bought those 8 oz bottles of Water and kept them right by my recliner, it was a mind thing but I could drink several of those but could not get down those big bottles. Good luck, just keep trying till you find what works for you.

I am 3 months out and at the beginning I couldn't drink anything cold. Now it makes me a little queasy to drink cold liquids if I haven't eaten or drank for a while, such as when I get up in the morning. I found early on that it helps me to drink hot tea in the morning before I try anything else. It sort of sets my stomach for the day. I put my Fiber supplement in the morning tea and I'm set on that front as well.

I'm 9 weeks out and still can't drink things ice cold. Room temp is better but warm is the best so I have a double Unjury chicken Soup very day. 40 mg of Protein and it goes down easy.