Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Count down to DEC 17 surgery date!

Yea! I'm glad we all survived. : )

My throat is helped a great deal by the liquid vicodin, much more so than the meds in the hospital. I slept on the couch last night. Not ready to lie down all the way yet, because I don't want to get up from lying down all the way. : )

I keep thinking OK, this is real. The surgery is done and now it is all about getting used to this whole new way of life. Even though there was a lot of practice before on Vitamins, Water, chewing, etc, this feels different. The fact that I only eat two little kids tylenol size cups of food and am full right now is so strange. "Eating" that tiny amount slowly is really important too. I feel fragile, but also very excited. Congrats to everyone!

Ugh. I am so sore today. . The meds the doctor gave me taste terrible so I keep gagging. I keep reminding myself that it will better soon. I don't feel like eating or drinking. Did keep the last dose of painkills down. Ugh...I beginning to thinking, why did i do this.

speedy recovery wishes to everyone!

Yea! I'm glad we all survived. : )

My throat is helped a great deal by the liquid vicodin' date=' much more so than the meds in the hospital. I slept on the couch last night. Not ready to lie down all the way yet, because I don't want to get up from lying down all the way. : )

I keep thinking OK, this is real. The surgery is done and now it is all about getting used to this whole new way of life. Even though there was a lot of practice before on Vitamins, Water, chewing, etc, this feels different. The fact that I only eat two little kids tylenol size cups of food and am full right now is so strange. "Eating" that tiny amount slowly is really important too. I feel fragile, but also very excited. Congrats to everyone![/quote']

I slept in a chair last night for the same reason you mentioned. Plus, now that my throat is so incredibly sore...almost acidy...I would be afraid to lay down due to reflux feeling. I have never had reflux, but my doctor scoped me twice (beginning and end of procedure), so I think this is why my throat is killing me.

Ugh. I am so sore today. . The meds the doctor gave me taste terrible so I keep gagging. I keep reminding myself that it will better soon. I don't feel like eating or drinking. Did keep the last dose of painkills down. Ugh...I beginning to thinking, why did i do this.

I was thinking the same thing but I think once we get in the groove of thing's it will be lots better ! I get to go home today. Do u have drain tube?

I was sleeved 12/17 and get to go home today. Too much nausea yesterday to take in enough fluids. Doing so much better today. Can't wait to get home!

I have a friend who said she had a terrible second day thinking the same thing mentioned in this thread, what did I do! But, that didn't last for long, and a year out, she is doing great. We may have a bad day or two post op, but in the long run, this is a great thing for all of us. I'm feeling fragile, but very lucky that I haven't had a terrible time yet. Just sore and tender. We will all feel much better next week.

I was thinking the same thing but I think once we get in the groove of thing's it will be lots better ! I get to go home today. Do u have drain tube?

I never had a drain tube.

I had my surgery the 17th at 2 pm. Came home yesterday and I'm really struggling with the pain and getting the fluids in. Worst part is not being able to take a deep breath. I'm still taking pain meds every 4 hours which is helping some. How long does this pain usually last?

I had my surgery the 17th at 2 pm. Came home yesterday and I'm really struggling with the pain and getting the fluids in. Worst part is not being able to take a deep breath. I'm still taking pain meds every 4 hours which is helping some. How long does this pain usually last?

I am finding that I need the pain medicine to help my throat and chest. Seems to deaden the feeling a little in those places, which helps with drinking Water, etc. I started my Vitamins today, but I have not been able to do much with Protein Drinks, yet. I figure that the swelling needs to come down some before "eating" liquids will be possible. In the meantime, I am just trying to stay hydrated as best I can.

Glad to hear I am not the only one struggling. I am guessing it is going to get progressively better each day. I actually feel pretty good walking around so trying to do that as much as possible. I never have headaches so that is another frustration too. On the good side - food is about the farthest thing from my mind!

Glad to hear I am not the only one struggling. I am guessing it is going to get progressively better each day. I actually feel pretty good walking around so trying to do that as much as possible. I never have headaches so that is another frustration too. On the good side - food is about the farthest thing from my mind!

I hope all the December 17th sleevers keep in touch on this site. Our journeys may vary slightly, but since we are all starting our "new" lives on the same day, hopefully we will be in sync more often than not.

I've been gagging to! I feel like I've been ran over by a truck i'm just glad I'm not in as much pain as I was on monday and the nausea has calmed down to ! I'm glad to be home cause those beds you just can't get comfortable in ! Hope Everyone is doing good?

I'm so sorry you guys are having such a rough time. I'm feeling incredibly lucky. Maybe I just thought it would be much worse. I'm having pain in my stomach, but not that bad. The vicodin really helps. My throat is also helped by that. The worst today was when I had to cough. That is brutal. Wishing you all a good night's sleep and a better tomorrow.

There seems to be two threads of people who had surgery on Monday, December 17. I hope you are all doing well! I just posted that I have been very surprised that I don't feel worse. Some people are reporting feeling worse. My stomach is tender, and coughing is no fun at all, but my throat seemed to be the worst. I'm walking fine, and just tired and tender. I thought it would be much worse, and I'm relieved. I hope everyone is doing great!