Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so how far into weight loss do you know if you have 'got away' with not having any excess skin! I have 100lbs to lose & have lost almost 40lb so far! I have no sign of excess skin so far but it's early days!!!

What do you think?

I'd imagine the closer you get, the more obvious it would be. I've got a LOT left to lose (about 140 to my personal goal, down 60 so far) and I've noticed that my skin texture has changed and that the skin isn't as tight and smooth as it was with all that fat under it. There are a lot of factors, including age, skin condition, and amount of weight to lose that will all contribute to how your skin rebounds from the weight loss. That's why they won't generally do any cosmetic skin fixes for two years. It gives the skin time to do all it's going to do as far as tightening up.

Will defo have a Tummy Tuck if required, I'm 31 and want to finally feel good in my own skin

I'll be 50 soon and I do have a lot of excess skin. Mostly my arms. Some in my face and legs and tummy.

The younger you are the less obvious it will be. I can tighten up a little bit, but my arms are the part that bugs me the most. I have obvious muscles in my arms, but the skin is not that great.

I doubt highly I will end up with any surgeries in the future. I am not sure I would do well with surgery, but if I could I would have something done with my arms. I don't need to wear a bikini at my age, but I would love to be able to wear a sleeveless dress.

Unfortunately, I have Lupus and have some nerve issues in my hands and arms, and would probably be denied that surgery.

I am going to go for monthly body wraps, I think that will help, plus exercise & bio oil by the bucket load!

I knew even before surgery.My fat was never tight.I was very flabby and dimply.Arms,legs,butt,tummy will have to be reshaped completely.But I was a yoyo dieter and lost loads and gaind loads quite a few times as well.

Its ok,when I get the courage from somewhere,I will have myself nipped and tucked till I dont look like a 80 old anymore.

I'm 34 and exercise pretty consistently. My most noticeable loose skin is on my arms, thighs, and tatas. Things seem to even out the further I get from my surgery date. I had LOTS of loose skin immediately after surgery when I was rapidly loosing weight.

I am going to go for monthly body wraps' date=' I think that will help, plus exercise & bio oil by the bucket load![/quote']

What are these body wraps? I'm noticing excess skin in my stomach!! Already lost 100 pounds I just need 25 more

I'm 34 and exercise pretty consistently. My most noticeable loose skin is on my arms, thighs, and tatas. Things seem to even out the further I get from my surgery date. I had LOTS of loose skin immediately after surgery when I was rapidly loosing weight.

We had the same surgeon!!! :) Great job on your weight loss!

I lost 95lbs in 1.5 years and I have zero loose skin. My BMI is about 28 so that might have something to do with it. I'm curvy and healthy. That's preferable to stick thin with loose skin in my eyes!

We had the same surgeon!!! :) Great job on your weight loss!

Thank u so much!! I'm on my phone, so I can't see any info about u. :( do u have ur profile updated so I can peek later?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

What are these body wraps? I'm noticing excess skin in my stomach!! Already lost 100 pounds I just need 25 more

These wraps get down at a beauty salon, basically they cover you in gel like stuff and wrap you up, I think it will help with loose skin but its just my theory! I'm in Scotland xxx

Wear compression garments. The ones they give to people who gave plastic surgery or Spanx all of the time(even while working out) it helps with gravity while in motion. Loose skin's worst enemy: gravity. Take a collagen supplement/vitamin c. They aid in New collagen growth. Aldo helps with skin and nails. Dry brushing also exfoliates skin, which promotes renewal as well. Use sulfate free body wash and find a moisturizing cream lotion, such as Nivea firming. Exfoliation is essential. Also take Omega 3/6/9 like flaxseed oil with borage. It's good fat. Helps aid in maintaining lean muscle mass as does Protein. Lift weights to build lean muscle mass. And hear me out. As you get closer to goal, if you have loose skin that you can squeeze in your hands, it's not loose skin. It's stubborn fat. You literally have to starve(go into ketosis) in order to lose that fat. Most suggest the master cleanse or lemonade detox to do the trick. I'm not a doctor, so do you're own research. You have to do a liver cleanse as well to help the liver function properly. This will rev up your metabolic engine and help lose stubborn/adipose belly fat. I just recently learned this in my Quest to prevent loose skin. Mark Sisson talks about the paleo diet. Google him and loose skin. It's an interesting read. Also, Go to Www.terrygivens.com. His a friend, he's in amazing shape and he reinforces a lot of what I'm saying.