Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I am officially insane!

Do you really want everyone to handle you with kid gloves every time they speak to you? That isn't realistic. We are all adults. It would be very naive to assume that you can go post on a public form, support forum or not, that is populated by an enormous range of personalities, cultures, experiences and personal biases and think that everything you say and do will be handled like gold.

If I had eaten that two weeks out and then came here and posted about it I would hope that I would get my butt kicked by the folks here. Most of us are serious about changing our health and our lives. If you want to be enabled or coddled, there are probably many here that will be happy to accommodate you. Nobody here has bullied in this thread. This is reality. This is blunt stuff. Tough love.

Anybody crying tears of blood over this needs to suck their bottom lip back in place and get with the program.

And If I fall off the wagon and come here whining about it, kick my butt. I'll be better for it.

Totally agree. Of course we've all had issues with will power or we wouldn't be here, BUT... this is it, folks. If you mess this up, what option is left to help you fix your obesity? 10 days out of surgery is no time to be cheating - and not once - with fried dough but then to follow that up with Chef Boyardee which you think is "pretty good because there's some meat in it."

Great post, Delta-girl.

This isn't about bullying, it absolutely is tough love. You can do this, you have to put your mind to it and make the right choices, over and over again. Again, good luck!

Totally agree. Of course we've all had issues with will power or we wouldn't be here' date=' BUT... this is it, folks. If you mess this up, what option is left to help you fix your obesity? 10 days out of surgery is no time to be cheating - and not once - with fried dough but then to follow that up with Chef Boyardee which you think is "pretty good because there's some meat in it."

Great post, Delta-girl.

This isn't about bullying, it absolutely is tough love. You can do this, you have to put your mind to it and make the right choices, over and over again. Again, good luck![/quote']

It's as I said in my post if you really feel that someone has done wrong or needs advice there are ways of kindly guiding people towards healthier options. It's not what you say, it's the way you say it is a phrase that springs to mind. Would you walk up to a vulnerable person on the street and talk to them with such harshness? I hope not. I agree totally with what you say and agree that this is a really important process to get correct ( for life ) but making someone who is already low and seeking guidance feel like crap about themselves probably isn't going to do them any good. Tough love is fine for people you know but sometimes when you don't know someone, their background etc, then kind words and guidance is what they need, not people reassuring them that they are the total failure they ready thought they were.

Its a way to be supportive without being outright mean and rude. Hey buttrfli...i have some info on foods to eat at different stages and how much.protein is in those foods. You have an email I can send them to u? Its stages 1-4 from my doc. Im surprised your surgeon or nutritionist hasnt given u something similiar...

Deltatrans44 I am new at this so dont know if Im responding correctly or if it will post but if you don't mind could you please send me that info on foods to eat at diff stages and how much Protein in them...I don't know how to PM either but my email address is melissamasengale@gmail.com

Thanks!

The only thing I would say is be careful of a leak cause things that push your stomach out could rip the staples. Be careful!!!

Was able to go to the store today and got chicken salad, Greek yogurt, oatmeal, egg beaters, cottage cheese with fruit, raw spinach (i love!) to chop up and squeeze applesauce.

Would you walk up to a vulnerable person on the street and talk to them with such harshness? I hope not.

No! I would never do that. And that is not what has happend here. Someone "walked" up to this group and started a conversation about her poor choice. Nobody jumped on her like a rabid dog. There are some very scary results from people doing that and we know about it. We also know about sliding back into bad habits. If you enter a group and start talking about this type of thing then you can't select what you do and don't like to hear.

Hey Sweetie,

Be careful with the raw spinach. It may be really hard on your sleeve. Raw veggies take a lot to digest, even when cut up really small. Just a word of advice :)

That is true, other Delta.

Reading this thread makes me heated! Im soooo f**ckin tired of the wanna be muthaf*cki* so called old timers!! Who think they known it all. And they are PERFECT! Who are so quick to judge and use such harsh words and give advice in a rude way!! Even a damn doctor or nutritionist will not talk how some of these post and reply. And u doxie would have the nerve to say her mom is an enabler? Talking abt sabotaging her weight loss? Wtf?!! She prolly doesnt knw the diet she's suppose to be in!! My mom didnt knw the stages of my diet in the beginning !! I dnt care if i get kicked off this forum, to all u mean, wannabe user shut the f**k up!! Oh well I'm entitled to my own opinion i think u all suck!! Its the same damn people who have a problem!!!

Oh Lorraine! Thank you so much! I always say that it's not what you say it's how you say it. Which is so true! We have all been made fun of or judged because of our weight and our eating. I am sure most of us have been dealing with it our whole lives! Some even by our own families :( it's never given me a thick skin though. I've always tried to make up for it and have others see past my weight and food choices. An afternoon of bad choices isn't going to set me back though. I'm 37 and been through a bad divorce and left with even lower self esteem from it....but I've never given up on myself and continue to move up/forward mistakes and all! :)

You are going to do fine. Some fell having made the same mistakes in the PAST but currently not making them gives them a superior knowledge. Unfortunealy this leads to beating there self up when they make the same slip and it is easier to just declare oneself righteous than admitt our shared faults. No one is harder onan ex whatever than an ex whatever.

Use your ex and those who offend you as motivators! Show them you can do this! Your getting great advise and list emailed to you now do it, and win it! Your weight willslipdown as your self esteem soars!