Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Is Tomorrow 12/6 ! So Nervous

For the past few months I have been SO excited about getting this surgery but now that it is so close I'm getting sooo scared and nervous! I wish I could think more positive... Did anyone else feel like this? I just want to wake up from the surgery knowing that everything went ok and get rid of these nerves...

Very nervous prior to surgery. i guess I read too many horror stories. Surgery was very painless for me. I am one of the lucky ones! Good luck tomorrow.

Thank you that's good to hear!

Woohoo! Super excited for you! Please share your experience!

Jenn, I think most everyone felt like you. I was extremely nervous for several days before surgery. I questioned what I was doing constantly and it probably wouldn't have taken much for me to back out of it. I am so glad that I didn't, I feel so much better and the little bit of pain that I did go through after surgery was so worth it!!! Congrats on your surgery tomorrow.!!!

Good Luck!!

My surgery is tomorrow too and I wasn't nervous until last night. I think it's a normal reaction to something so big. We're sure to have doubts and fears and I think that it's OK. Concentrate on all the reasons that this is a good thing and the time will pass quickly.

Thanks everyone for the support.. Nice knowing im not alone in this :-)

I wasn't too nervous... I was sooo excited " to get on with it".. new me, new life, everything. Congrats, good luck!! We'll be waiting to here from you soon. (I'm 8 days post and feeling more fab each day!)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am one week old today. I have never questioned the wisdom of my decision to have a sleeve done. I have always know that the after part for me would be the challenge. I have had 3 surgeries in less than a year and half and guess I am practiced. I want you to know that the sleeve surgery was by far the easiest for me to recover from. Less pain and post op difficulties. Quite frankly, maybe hung around these rooms too long to hear all the problems and complications people were having. I had none of them. In fact, I have wondered if they really did take out 85% of my stomach last week. I am sure you will do fine. Stay strong and be well! See you on the other side people.

It is scary - change is scary! I was calm until about a week before then it felt like time was flying too fast as my date grew nearer and I started to become anxious. Everything went beautifully and now I'm almost 2 months out (sleeved 10/11/12) and am very happy. Don't get me wrong -it wasn't easy, even without complications it is still surgery and your body goes through a lot! I take "one meal at a time" as my motto and from there, one bite at a time! Im still working on other eating issues like eating too fast and too much of a bite. But my weight loss is pretty steady at an average of 4 lbs. a week. I'm waiting for the dreaded stall or plateau but so far so good. A positive mind-set also helps. Good luck soon to be sleeved!

For the past few months I have been SO excited about getting this surgery but now that it is so close I'm getting sooo scared and nervous! I wish I could think more positive... Did anyone else feel like this? I just want to wake up from the surgery knowing that everything went ok and get rid of these nerves...

I feel the same exact way,I just completed my pre-op today and I am in a nervous wreck with all the negative what if.

I was crying when they wheeled me into the operating room. I was so scared. And I made sure my surgeon knew. But I was also very excited. I'm 9 days out and it's been an interesting journey so far. Proves to me that i can do anything that I put my mind to.

I was so scared and nervous they knocked me about before we left. The pre surgical room. It's been good so far. Good luck. Will say a prayer for you.

good luck im sure youre in great hands. think positive thoughts. i am going in 01-08-2013. i will think about you tomorrow.