Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Sleeved In 4 Hrs. Scared To Death!

Hi everyone,

Your stories help so much. I'm getting sleeved in Hackensack NJ in 4 hours. I can't sleep. I'm so scared. I don't know if I'm scared for the actual surgery or more because I'm losing my best friend! (Food)

Try to relax!! Please know your best friend is really not your friend at all. It has ruled your life for so many years. Kept you from being the person you deserve to be. And by no means are you giving up food. You will soon be eating again and enjoying different kinds of foods. Looking better feeing better. Your whole life changed for the good!! U promise you food is not your friend!!! But it will be after this surgery and then it will be a healthy relationship. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

You will be just fine. I am one week out and food is the last thing on my mind. There is no hunger. So far not tempted by food commercials. I eat my mushies and try to get in my liquids and Protein. This first week that is a full time job. Best of luck to you.

Are you back at work? I have a desk job in sales. Think I can be back in 3 days?

Please do not go back in 3 days. This is a major surgery you have to take care of yourself. You need at least two weeks

Good luck with the surgery!

Good luck. food becomes an after thought & your best friends turn out to be the people you can DO things with. Walking around, shopping, having fun without getting out of breath.

Please do not go back in 3 days. This is a major surgery you have to take care of yourself. You need at least two weeks

I have a desk job and was back to work in 1 week. 3 days isn't long enough!

Good Luck~

Good luck and remember food is not your best friend it is what got you where you are, but once the surgery is over you can have a healthy relationship with it.

You are going to do fine! Take everything one day at a time. (Sounds corny but it is true) food for most of us has been our frienemy for years...and when you let go of it...it's freedom.

I was sleeved two weeks ago and returned to work yesterday. I did fine. I felt good after a week but was glad for the time off week two. If you go back to work after a week, make sure you get a chance to walk. Sitting is what seemed to make me feel sore. Truly, that second week walking made a huge difference for me. Wishing you the best of luck!

I agree with food not being your friend. I also agree that you need to wait longer than 3 days to return to work. You will be a little weak at 3 days out......I went back to work at 1 week out and I was in a fog. At three days out I was taking care of me. I suspect your already sleeved by now and about to wake up. Now's the time to begin your new journey to skinniness! Yep, I said skinniness!! LOL Welcome...... :)

All if the support from you all was amazing today. Thank you so so much. I'm all sleeved. My tummy hurts from the gas bad. But happy it's over.

Congrats and very glad you are doing good.