Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to start all over!

This October will be a year since I was banded. I am ashamed to say I am at the same weight as when I started. I lost 20 pounds at the very start but then put it all back on! I feel soo lost. I am ...and have been having trouble keeping solid food down so I have basicly been living off of ice cream and other soft high calorie foods. If I try to eat normaly I get sick at least 3 times a day. My Dr. who did the procedure is 2 hours away and I do not like him at all! His attitude was he was in it just for the money and basicly after the surgery he could care less, you're on your own! I just want to start fresh to start over and have hope for my band again. I honestly just do not know where to start? Help please?:help:

To start again sounds great to me...its very hard and I have only been a little over a month out. Is there anykind of support group around you can get into~that might help you also. I wish you the very best of luck~I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

One thing that helps me stay on track is coming here. When I come to LBT daily, I seem to remember that I'm trying to lose weight. If I overeat though, I tend to feel guilty and try to avoid this place like the plague lol. I'm lucky in the fact that I don't really care for icecream and sweets very much - chips and other savoury foods are my downfall - but even with those, you can find ways to eat around the band.

I guess you just have to make the decision that this is what you really want (weight loss I mean). So many people say that getting banded is taking the easy way out .. but really, its not, is it?

Hi Terrilyn-

I am sorry to hear about your struggles. I was also starting to get sick whenever I tried to eat the right foods and was reverting to soft food syndrome. Eventually I started to have HORRIBLE reflux, so painful that I had to sleep sitting up sometimes, and I was downing 2 Prevacid tablets, Maalox, and half a dozen Tums daily. I did lose some weight in the last month though, mainly because I was afraid to eat much.

Yesterday I had enough. I called my surgeon and went in for an unfill. I now have .5 CCs in my band. And you know what? I could kick myself for having waited. I have comfortable restriction and the reflux is gone-just like that! I know I am going to have to use my brain a little more when it comes to willpower, but I think I am ready to do that.

Have some of your fill taken out so that you CAN eat healthier hard Proteins. If you are going to start over start with a smaller fill!

Terrilen, you must feel so frustrated and disappointed to say the least!

First, I would try to get another surgeon for your fill/unfills. Aftercare, is really important and when you have a surgeon that you don't like or don't want to see, it only impedes the process. Try to get another. You need someone supportive to your needs.

Second, I would highly suggest a slight unfill. It is not only dangerous to PB several times a day (slippage). It also isn't the best way to live. Junk goes down quite well and you need nutrition. You will feel much better when you can eat the real stuff without feeling deprived.

Get support. Either through Lapbandtalk, or a local support group. It's important to get back in the saddle and vent your emotions.

I really wish you the best. I am glad that you came here. Take care. Shawn

I too was unable to eat solid foods after a fill and was eating junk food...... I finally went for an unfill and so far so good! I hope I can start eating fruits, veg etc and start losing again. Have you looked at Fill Centers USA? They may have someone in your area. Doesnt sound like you should go back to your old dr. Good luck........

That is the beauty of the band.....it is always there waiting for you when get ready to use it. You've put too much into this already to give up and let it go to waste.

If you will add your city/state to your signature (go to 'use cp' at top left and then to 'edit signature') maybe someone in your area on here can direct you to somewhere good to go. There are doctors and clinics who will do fills and aftercare for us even if they didn't have anything to do with our surgeries

You need to do yourself a favor and get busy doing some research and find someone to take care of you just as you would for any other ailment. Too often we have such shame attached to our weight issues that we think we don't deserve care. Not so!! This is just as deserving of correction and care as any other problem you might have.

There is a list of doctors/clinics on obesityhelp.com and there are also people there who can give you first-hand experience about doctors and clinics. Also there is wonderful guidance on bariatriceating.com regarding proper 'feeding and care' of your body after surgery.

Don't neglect yourself any longer. Best wishes...

I'M STILL NEW TO THIS. HELP ME OUT. WHAT DOES PBing STAND FOR. IS IT WHEN YOU FORGET TO CHEW REALLY WELL AND YOU SWALLOW AND IT TAKES ABOUT 10 MINUTES TO GO DOWN AND YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFOCATE AND DIE?