Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hurry Up Aleady....feb. 2013

Today I find myself not wanting to set any upcoming goals until I have surgery. I have already put gauze, tape, deodorant in my bag so far......Also been reading gastricsleeve.com blogs lot of great information there. Just so ready for the losers bench!

I hear ya!! I've been bad and shopping for things I think I'll need for my surgery and immediately afterward instead of xmas gifts for the family. I can't focus on anything else. Seems a little dangerous to wish away so many days of my life until my surgery date but I'm so ready to be on the other side and losing :)

Astephenson, then you feel me....I usually set my goals up and make a check list of things to accomplish, but ALL I am focusing on is surgery, aurgery, surgery, I vowed not to buy one article of clothing, until im losing.....I dont even talk about it with my husband....im just thinking about it day amd night and noon......because I have dealt with my weight my entire life, this is a dream come true....to have something I have never known. This is a reward that I have hoped for....

I haven't purchased any clothes and I am known for my shopping!

I was thinking about buying clothes in smaller sizes just because..lol

I am however, eating healthier, drinking Water (ugggggh!), and starting a exercise program. I am anxious, frustrated, nervous, and just ready to get this over with!

I am going to start 1 Protein shake a day in January so I can have an opportunity to test a few out.

We are almost there! Almost in a 2-3 month kinda way.. :*(

Oh my goodness do I know how you girls feel! And it's selfish of me to say that I'm totally happy that I'm not alone, because. Well that would be lonely !!

I do talk to my husband about surgery, against his will. Lol. His eyes glaze over about how mine do when he starts talking about his man things.

I ADORE christmas and I feel do bahumbug this year because I just want it over with so we can move on to better things. This is worse than waiting for your baby to be born.

Diamondeyed, I hear you!!! To finally be happy and healthy and feel human. What does that feel like? Sigh. SO SO SO ready.

I've made lists on top of lists! LOL I don't talk about it much with my husband, as he is not supportive of me going to Mexico to have it done, but some days I can't help but drop some one-liners, like when we were out eating the other day I asked him if it bothered him for me to watch him eat because after my surgery I would doing a lot of that. I've been dealing with a weight problem for way too long as well, more than half my life. I want free from this burden I have been carrying, so tired of dragging it around and having it hold me back. I have always focused on others before myself and sometimes don't feel like I deserve spending this time and money on me. My biggest drive for this is the thought of feeling like I presently do for 20-30, maybe even 40 more years to come or undoubtedly worse as my health declines. I am more afraid of that than the thought of dying whilst attempting to change that. I know it will be hard..I know I may even woe the day I decided to do this, but I've got to try.

"I HOPE" is my modus operandi ^_^

It's ingrained in my brain. I cannot stop focusing on it either. I'm getting ready to do my passport. I've been researching sugar free chewable Vitamins. Protein boosters. Powerade Zero. Gas-X Strips. My plan is to buy my surgery clothes: sports bra, plain roomy undies, loose fitting elastic waist pants, roomy tshirt, and slip on shoes for travel. My BFF is getting married at the end of August and I'm her MOH so I'm trying to picture myself 6 months postop at the beach in NC. Sigh...

Amanda Rae

It makes me feel better to have those that can relate! Im just going on and on in my head about this surgery! Im just wanting Christmas to get, here new years and surgery...I just imagine what life will be like.....lifting up my stomach and holding it flat as I can to imagine what i'll look like. Oh sleevie sisters, one thing this is teaching me is patients.......love ya girls, I am not alone....and it feels good.

You will pack a bunch of things and never need most of them. Trust me I know. I barely looked at my phone or iPad. The only thing I used that I brought was my change of clothes to go home in. And make them loose and comfy. You are going to be so bloated its disgusting feeling. I also used my Bert's bees lip balm. Picture in your left hand the pain pump and your right lip balm. That's how I rolled. Lol. I also used my toothbrush, toothpaste and mouth wash. I wish I had brought my face wash cuz I had to use their wall mounted stuff which dried my face out horribly. At the last minute, the night before...I had to get tampons and those female cleansing cloths by Always. I was oh so lucky and started my period the day before my surgery. All the stress and pre-op diet delayed my period 2 weeks. I know awesome right.

You're going to have a catheter in so you can't wear undies. You don't want the irritation. But I do recommend the cleansing cloths regardless cuz it does help you clean up and freshen up since you can't shower for a day or so.

But that's pretty much it. You're so out of it that you're really not going to be up for much else. I hope this helps.

And I totally understand you're feelings in wishing it would happen yesterday. But enjoy the time to be normal and educate yourself and prepare in as much as you can. It will go a long way towards you having a beautiful recovery. Hugs to all! Happy holidays! It will be here before you know it.

I'm in this boat too and I have to wait until the end of March :( It is so hard not to be fixated on this, for all of the reasons you've all already stated, but I'm also trying find ways to make myself believe that time really will fly, because looking at the larger picture, it really will. Thank goodness for VST.

Thanks tallysfunny,

I appreciate all the info.