Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got A Clot In Lungs :-(

Sad day...after a nearly flawless recovery, I am now 5 weeks (almost 6 weeks) out of surgery and have now developed a pulmonary embolism. Anybody else had one of these? So painful at times and hard to breaths. Seriously regret having this surgery and risking my life. You always think it won't happen to you, until it does. Now, I get shots in the tummy twice a day and blood thinner pill that can make you bleed to death if you get hurt.

Please, someone tell me it gets better and when it will get better

Sorry to hear this, hope you get past this quickly. Blood clots are a big fear I have after surgery as well, and especially not knowing if I have one and getting it treated in time before it kills me! So glad you caught it in time. Feel better..:)

Sorry to hear this. I was given the blood thinner shots while I was hospitalized for two days. Once I was released I had to give myself the shot two times per day for 14 days and I hated it. But I see now the importance of it. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Just want to say u r blessed 4 yrs ago after hip replacement I was home having problems breathing went to er they found 18 clots in rt lung and stop counting in lt lung, I had surgery on 11/29 my surgeon requires everyone to do. Shots for 14 days after surgery. My clot 4 years ago was discovered 4 weeks after surgery. You will do great just watch out for shortness of breath, leg soreness or them feeling hot go to er immediately. Good luck it will get better.

I had the same thing 2 weeks post op. it has been 3 years since my surgery. I also was on the shots and the pills. I got off of the pills after 6 months, but 10 months later I fell down the steps and got a clot in my knee. I got the clot in my knee from trauma and the fact that I had a history of clots. after 6 more months of blood thinners, my doctor took me off and tested me for a clotting disorder. It was normal! the theory that I was given was that after my surgery I was so dehydrated that that is what caused the clots. I have now been off of the blood thinners for almost 1 year. so, if you don't have any clotting disorders, the outcome should be fine. it was a very scary thing to go through, and I felt like it was going to be the end of me. It took me a long time to feel like I could live my life again. keep your head up!

First, thanks for supportive comments. To answer the question, I was given the heparin shots while in the hospital, but did not go home on thinners. Kinda wish I did now :-(

I am so happy that u discovered them and will get better. Hugs to u!

I'm sorry that you have to go through this..my your very strong..good luck to you..prayers your way..!

Praying for your speedy recovery! I was sleeved on Nov. 20th. I was given heparin shots while in the hospital and I have to take heparin shots three times a day. I dread every moment of it, but I'm scared to death of blood clots. My surgeon told me that the shots don't guarantee the a blood clot won't develop, it just minimizes the chances. Good luck to you.

My biggest fear is going though another blood clot. I had a portal vein clot from Birth Control. It was huge and cut off blood to the liver. Thank God it wasnt any other organ. I am afraid to NOT get sleeved and I am equally afraid TO get sleeved.

Did they start the blood thinners before the surgery? How long a head?

My biggest fear is going though another blood clot. I had a portal vein clot from Birth Control. It was huge and cut off blood to the liver. Thank God it wasnt any other organ. I am afraid to NOT get sleeved and I am equally afraid TO get sleeved.

Did they start the blood thinners before the surgery? How long a head?

I was given blood thinners after surgery. I had to administer three shots a day for 14 days. So far, so good.

Thank you. I went in thinking of the band and he had me convinced of the sleeve by the time I walked out. It was overwhelming and it never crossed my mind to ask. Ill ask more on my next apt.