Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Ever "failed" At This?

I know that seems like an odd question. But all I read on here are these super positive stories of people the sleeve has worked for. Well, here I am two weeks post op and I lost 13 pounds. But I have been stalled for 4 days. I started at199 and now am 185.5. i am doing everything you all say; 700 calories a day, 65g Protein, under 30g carbs; 64oz water; right now I am still in liquids. What I can't figure out is how I can go from consuming over 2000 calories a day (pre op) to less than 700 and not lose weight. I feel so discouraged....thoughts?

I would also love to know.

I am frustrated as well. Had surgery 10/26 and my weight has been fluctuating between 177-180 for a couple weeks:-( Don't know what to do to get the weight loss moving again!

Is your question about failing or stalling?

Stalling - there are a gazillion posts on here about why/when and how.

Failing - I am positive that there are people failing, but I bet they are not posting on here.

You've hit the classic third week stall. Look up the forum for 'week 3 stall' it is very common. Dont feel discouraged. You'll do fine :)

Four days is not quite a stall. More like two weeks or more. It takes time for bodies to adjust, it takes time to lose so much weight. It is totally unrealistic to expect weight loss every single day, even with the marvelous procedure we've had.

Even I, who has never experienced a true stall, and who is the most impatient person on the planet, know I cannot expect a loss every day, or even every other day, or even every week. If it happens, great! If not, it will soon.

Four days is not quite a stall. More like two weeks or more. It takes time for bodies to adjust, it takes time to lose so much weight. It is totally unrealistic to expect weight loss every single day, even with the marvelous procedure we've had.

Even I, who has never experienced a true stall, and who is the most impatient person on the planet, know I cannot expect a loss every day, or even every other day, or even every week. If it happens, great! If not, it will soon.

i really needed to hear this i have been in between 228-230 for 3 weeks and its driving me nuts cause i have done everything i could to break it but your advice just stopped me from worrying thank u

Our bodies are not precise, predictable machines. They are more like the early computers. I spent many a day yelling at the illogical behavior of my freezing crashing infernal friends.

There is an absolute logical explanation for stalls. Unfortunately, you can't go to the Cadillac garage and have yourself hooked up to a monitor and find out what it is. Our bodies are complex beyond the knowledge of any human who ever lived.

You have to step back and look at it. Is it possible to eat what you eat, drink Water, and exercise like you do and not eventually get down to your goal? Only in some alternate reality.

Don't stress...just search "stall" ...we ALL go through this...

I PROMISE if you keep doing what you're doing and exercise..there's no way NOT to lose weight.

All the responses are appreciated. Logic tells me to be patient, but my desperate heart who has wanted for so long to conquer this weight problem is just so excited I get frustrated when I don't see results. I know it's fear. Fear if failing AGAIN in losing weight and keeping it off. It's amazing how many negative and deep seeded emotions come up during this journey. Thanks for all your encouragement and words of wisdom.

Personally speaking, I think weighing ourselves EVERYDAY is cruel to us. I promised myself to only weigh in once a week. I'm about 4 1/2 weeks out and no stall yet. Fingers crossed.. I'm sure it will happen, but hopefully it won't be so bad knowing I'm only weighing in 1 x week.

I've seen it happen, but with people who are much much longer out. They are typically people who didn't change their eating habits and are now struggling to take off the weight they gained.

Try to go about your life eating this new amendment good for you way and try not to put all you focus on the numbers. It will come off and you have your whole life of good health in front of you.

i had a stall and i just went back to just clear fluids for a day, and then i started loosing again........weird

Your post is like the words came from my mouth!! I'm having the same problem, 3 1/2 weeks post-op and i've been "stuck" for 4 days. Went to my family doc this morning and i'm down 14 lbs since surgery, 58 lbs total. 14 lbs, 16 days, i'm thrilled!!!!! I just don't let it bother me. I'VE LOST 14 LBS!!!!! It will happen, just have to let it run its course. Hang in there!!