Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!2 Questions...

I'm day #2 on my 2nd wk post op. I am struggling to get all my requirements in. Is everyone getting every gram of Protein and every oz of fluids in?? Also on my list for wk 3 I saw that I can eat fish but tuna wasn't on my list yet. Any suggestions on wk #3 menu??

hugs,<br />alma

i had that problem with getting my requirement in, so I just started to do a lil more each day.

are you past pureed food

I could never hit my Protein requirements when I was in liquid phase. I started catching up on the protein intake only during month 2 when I started solids.

I'm still on full liquids right now. I was sent to the er to get IV fluids bcuz I was dehydrated. 5 more days and I start my next phase which are mushy foods.

hugs,<br />alma

I'm 4 1/2 weeks out and am not getting all my requirements in. I sure do try but struggle as well.

Here's what I've been eating for the last two weeks:

String cheese

RF Cottage cheese

SF Popsicles

Tune w/Light mayo

Sauteed Shrimp

RF Cheese Sticks

Greek yogurt w/fruit mixed in

Protein Drinks/Soups

2nd wk post op. - Is everyone getting every gram of Protein and every oz of fluids in??

almam aka newbie :)

liquids, liquids and more liquids are very important

protein is very important too - but be more concerned now with the Water

hopefully you'll be able to hold down Protein shakes soon - and as your eating progresses, certain foods like cottage cheese and yogurt are chock full of protein

good luck

welcome to the neighborhool :)

-

i was also having that problem, i,m 17 days post and have lost 45 pounds, i started just putting my 3 scoops of Protein in one shake, which gave me my protein for the day. i would drink half of the shake in the morning, and half later on. it works well for me. you need that protein to help you heal. hope this helps

I struggled to get my Protein in until I was out of liquid phase. My taste buds did a major 180 after surgery and I really couldn't tolerate the smell and taste of Protein Drinks any more. I recently found the GNC Total Lean shakes which are perfect for me. They're Meal Replacement and they don't have the nasty smell or chalky taste I experience with a lot of protein drinks. I wish I had these things the first two weeks :D

Thank u every1 for replying. I was ok with the Protein shakes before surgery but now they do a number on my tummy. With me not getting enough fluids in I'm scared to drink any bcuz thats the last thing I need. Ugh...just harder than what I thought it would be:-( ill take all the info given so thank u again!!

hugs,<br />alma