Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it normal to be so emotional. I'm two Weeks post op and when I crawled in bed tonight I just cried and cried and didn't have a reason.. Is this normal emotions

This is awkward

Yes, it's normal to be emotional. This procedure is a big deal.... it changes your life, your eating habits and probably will affect some of your relationships. You must remember that these changes will be positive... however emotional it makes you feel now. Change is hard. Really really hard. Don't underestimate how it will effect you. But remember, you did this for a better life and happier and heathlier future. You will have this new life but have to go through a kind of right of passage but only in the beginning. Just be tough. Love yourself and be kind to yourself. Talk to your friends, doctor, counselor, religious advisor. Listen to positive voices only! Eat well and take very good care of yourself. In a couple of weeks, you'll feel better and be stronger. Then you can give advice to those who go through this process. :)

Wishing you a wonderful life.

Yes I think it is normal the two weeks before the operation I was so emotional. I broke down and cried several times and really did not have a reason to. I think for me I felt sad wishing I could do it on my own yet knowing I tried everything. I was also scared to death to be abnormal or something. In the end I had little pain and everything went fine! Good Luck!

This is a huge life change, Emotions running high is normal. Keep in mind too, that some people are effected by anesthesia very differently. Any time my sister gets put under (c-section, dental, etc) she cries for weeks. Her doctor reminds here every time that this happens and not to worry. If you're feeling overwhelmed, sign on.. Someone will always be here.

Good luck!

So very normal! I swear I thought my husband was going to commit me to the local mental health facility while I was on clear/full liquids.

He'd fix Kraft macaroni & cheese (which I detest!) and I'd cry. He'd fix steak (I'm a reborn vegetarian!) and I'd cry. He'd make a smoothie with my new Ninja and not use it for healthy stuff (he made gross Reese Cup flavors) and I'd cry. He was trying to be nice and live on things I hated so I wouldn't miss food as much, but I was still a hot mess! At one point I'm fairly certain I even told him I didn't care if it killed me, I was going to eat a huge spinach salad, then I collapsed in our bed and cried about everything from cheese balls and crackers to my Mama's cornbread dressing!

And that was just the food stuff that set me off. I won't even get started on the clothes not fitting, the stall, or worrying about looking old! ;)

So take comfort in the fact that you're not alone AND in the fact that it gets better. Oh and remember, this is a safe place to vent!

Also just to add... estrogen is stored in fat cells... so with rapid fat loss comes rapid release of all that estrogen :-) All those hormones with the major life change! I cried more times than a few... lol

Thanks everyone..