Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Opposites attracts!

How many of you have spouses that are the opposite personality of yourself?

My husband is super-athletic (ride bike 3 days a week 35 miles avg. 20 mph), plus jogging, plus surfing, etc. I do well to get in an occasional walk!! I really don't like to exercise. He's high energy. I consider myself low energy. He's extremely positive. I am a realist (not negative).

One of my main reasons for getting the band, was to keep up with my family!!!

Shawn

I'm not sure he is totally opposite, but more that than the same. He is of average weight, pretty active, and has lots of energy. He is always wanting to be on the go, while I want my down time. I also had the band so I could keep up with him. :D

My DH and I are total opposites physically as well as having different interests and hobbies. The glue that holds us together is our spirituality.

I fell in love with the absolute OPPOSITE of what I was looking for physically in a man:

I wanted TALL: my DH is 5"0"

I am 5"6"

I wanted Muscular: my DH was 130lbs soaking wet (when we married)

I weighed 275 lbs when we married

I wanted a man with lots of thick dark hair: my DH is bald

I had short blond hair when we married

I wanted a white collar man: my DH has been disabled since birth.

I work in a white collar world

I wanted an older mature man: my DH was 29 when we married

I was 35 yrs old when we married

I expected a divorced man: my DH had never been married

I was divorced

I expected a man with kids: my DH had never had kids

I had 2 children

First of all I have a very unique love story. I've known and loved my wife since I was 14 years old. Love at 1st site for me. It took her some time but I was patient..LOL

Now you see I had grown up pretty much on my own, absent real parents and authoritive figures. This led to many problems as you may imagine. I was wild child and worse teenager.

My wife however was in a loving, christian home. She married off to a Doctors son and began her life early and very stable.

I was fighting the worlds temptations, Money, drugs,alchohol,women, and well you get the idea.

We both married and divorced. All the while she knew I always loved her.

Once we got together which i may add she said God had put us together as she had prayed for a true love. Guess what? I popped right up at the right time.

My life changed. Its been nothing but success for us and me since then. Great life and career plus we are very happy 9 years running.

She came to me well together.

Perfect credit. Never missed an appt. always in church on Sunday. Helping people out. Well manored. Not to mention Beautiful Woman.

I had a negative credit -600 FICO I'd say, hosted regular Poker games on Sundays. Enjoyed the nightlife you know. Never on time. Overweight and I doubt really a knockout kind of guy. But she knew I'd always loved her. I never made that a secret. My 1st wife never liked that too much either by the way.

Now I'm very active and she is not. I go to the mtn camping and riding bikes. Running many miles a week. Lift weights. Always on the go.

She stays home and is fine with it,Goes to College. We are great together but opposites in many ways.

Together we are a very happy and successful couple.

Ms. Vicki, that an excellent rundown on how truly opposite you and your spouse are...I couldn't help but laughing at the irony of how we "think" we know what we want, but it turns out sooooo different.

Bobby, it's amazing how different we can be and still be in love. Hmmm.

Thanks for sharing, Shawn

I got exactly what I wanted. Foreign, tall, dark, and handsome!

Me: 5'5 Hubby: 6'1

Me: 230 Hubby: 180

Me: talkative, outgoing, impulsive

Hubby: shy, reserved, thinks things through

Me: totally in love

Hubby: totally in love!

post-205294-13813134516919_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813134206163_thumb.jpg

Doug is a capricorn and Im a Leo and we're both VERY typical of our starsigns so are complete opposites - especially on things like finances and disciplining children. But we tend to cancel out each others most extreme personality traits. If he hadnt met me he'd be a mummy's boy living at home with a fortune saved from never going out and having any fun and if I didnt have him, I'd have jewellery, designer clothes and a ferarri, but I'd have no home, no money and no prospect for a secure future, lol.

My husband and I are opposites in many ways - it has been the best match and has made for an awesome relationship/family!!!

He's a sports freak - playing or watching.

Me, not really.

He's a hunter/fisher - the outdoors type.

Me, more of the homebody.

He's messy.

I am neater - not a freak but neater.

He never went to church when he lived with his parents.

My family went weekly.

He wasn't into family.

I knew and spent time with all the family growing up - great aunts/uncles, my parent's cousins, etc. (my fav thing to do during the holidays was to visit everyone!! - he just doesn't get it)

He was shy (yes was- I have changed him)

I love people - am far from shy.

We can be so opposite BUT then we can be so on the same page in life, raising our children and where we want to be in 5, 10+ years.

I find opposites attract not only in love but in friendship, too.

My best girl-friend in the whole world is so not me in many ways but we are the most connected people.

I am touchy feely - she doesn't want to be touched.

I will talk to anyone about anything - she holds everything in.

I can make a decision rather quickly (i.e. what paint color) - it takes her forever!!

I love my family but enjoy nights away from the kids- she has never been away from her children overnight!

I got lap band to better me - she was very unhappy with my decision.

Her mother just passed away (6 hours south of where we live) and she didn't want me to go to the funeral - I listened to her and felt so helpless. Because of the way she handles things, I gave her space and time. After 2 weeks, I mailed her a letter telling her how I hurt for her and included the poem by ee cummings "I carry you in my heart". We met about 3 days later and she handed me the funeral card she made for her mother. It had the same poem on it. See, we are so different but so much alike it is scary.

I have been blessed many ways by the opposites in my life!

Tracy