Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention February 2013 Sleeve Buddies!

Hey all! I'm sorry for those of you that i have not sent an invite to for the February 2013 Sleevers group! i have been super busy, and now I have just had 4 teeth cut out by an oral surgeon so I am just taking it easy. There is a way to join the group without me sending you an invite.

if you are using VST from your computer there is a tab on your main screen that says "Commuinity" then click the tab that says "Social Groups" a box that is titled "Group Search" will be on the right side and then where it says "Group Name:" you will put in "February 2013 Sleevers". after that there will be a rectangular black icon that says "Join Group" on the right side of the page. click that and you are good to go!

Once again, I'm sorry for not being able to keep up with everyone, I just have not had the time or the energy lately! Best of luck to everyone getting their sleeve done this week!!!

hello feb buddies i have great news my date was set for feb 26 but i just left my pre op vist with a new date feb 19th woo hooo its comming so quickly !!! im so excited i cant wait !!!

hello feb buddies i have great news my date was set for feb 26 but i just left my pre op vist with a new date feb 19th woo hooo its comming so quickly !!! im so excited i cant wait !!!

Yay! Congrats!!

I believe you might have been :). They did a hernia repair on me yes. It's what sent my throat, from opening to stomach, into horrendous spasms. I'm doing lightyears better than I was. Oddly, when I go from a sitting/reclining position to a standing position I start getting the spasms again but they're NOTHING like what they were. Makes waking up a b*tch though....

juny they moved my date from feb 26 to feb 19 woo hoo on that but they told me today at the preop visit that they will be repairing my hernia as well so any advice?

Feel better Liz!

Ok I am angry! Lol I'm on liquid diet for 12 days and I have only lost 13#. I feel like I'm pretty much starving myself so why am I not loosing more weight? I am not cheating AT ALL! I am drinking 5 shakes a day and do that every 3 hrs with Snacks of s/f Jello, 2 c broth (1 c at a time) and tons of Water. What gives? Anyone else slow to loose?

juny they moved my date from feb 26 to feb 19 woo hoo on that but they told me today at the preop visit that they will be repairing my hernia as well so any advice?

Wow grats on getting there sooner! They gave me torodal and reglin (yeah spelling?). These helped with inflammation and started to calm down my gi tract. I expected a sore throat like bronchitis and instead had spasms. I can't tell you what to be prepared for but I think you'll be ok. I dont think my experience is exactly the norm but its not uncommon.

I'm much closer to myself today and even if you do have trouble, 4 days will show signification improvement. Good luck!

Oh and dilaudid helped me a lot more than the morphine, so don't be afraid to ask for a different med if the one isn't working for you.

Tomorrow is the big day. 9:45am surgery. Weird... I have no feelings. Not anxious, not worried, not excited, not anything. Weird...

Tomorrow is the big day. 9:45am surgery. Weird... I have no feelings. Not anxious' date=' not worried, not excited, not anything. Weird...[/quote']

Ill send a little prayer up forbu good luck

@ginamarie they pushed it up so im having ti earlier. My biggest fear is that i won't be on the liquid long enough it will be 9 days instead of 14

I'm new to this but from all I've read I think you will be fine, lots of doctor's are different on the Pre diets

Hi' date=' Ginamaria. You're not alone. I am an extremely anxious person, and my fears were intense before surgery. Regarding your fear that the surgery will not work for you, I'm pretty sure any person who has done their research and is going into the surgery fully informed has that fear. I think it's a healthy fear, even. I had to re-word that fear in my head and say that I'm afraid I won't work this surgery. The sleeve is what it is. The surgeon will put it there, and a new fact about my body will be that my stomach is smaller. My brain is the same, though, and I will still need to be careful about what I put in it. With regard to the regret, ugh... I feel ya. That was probably my biggest fear going in. My second and third day post-op, this fell upon me with the grace and subtlety of an avalanche of lead pipes. I became tearful, and my brain started asking me, "what have I done?!" If this does happen to you, please know, it is normal, and it will pass. I think it just goes with the territory of major decisions, but it's just scarier when it has to do with your body. You've done the absolute best thing you can do with fear, and that is tell someone you're afraid. You're going to do great! Keep talking about it, breathe through it, and look for something positive to look forward to in addition to each fear. My best combatant to my fears has been browsing new clothes online. Yes, there is a risk with this surgery, as there is with every surgery, and most of us get scared that we'll be that 1% that experiences a complication. For me, this surgery was worth the minute risk, because without the surgery, there was a 100% chance of a multitude of other life-ruining health concerns. I'm more than happy to trade those risks in for better ones![/quote']

Thanks so much for the encouragement and kind words. I am composing a list of things I want to do during this process and along my journey. I'm calling it my "My Journey to Find the Real Me" it is helping me to write down small things as well as huge accomplishments & wanta do's. Things like having my eyebrows dyed to learning to enjoy less couch sitting to going to see more musicals & plays, I love to do that... Well I'm rambling sorry. Lists help me feel like I am accomplishing things along the way!

Ok I am angry! Lol I'm on liquid diet for 12 days and I have only lost 13#. I feel like I'm pretty much starving myself so why am I not loosing more weight? I am not cheating AT ALL! I am drinking 5 shakes a day and do that every 3 hrs with Snacks of s/f Jello, 2 c broth (1 c at a time) and tons of Water. What gives? Anyone else slow to loose?

I've been on for 11 days and have lost 8. I didn't realize we were on the liquids to lose weight. I thought it was to shrink the liver. Am I wrong?

2 weeks until the big sleeve day!!! Started the liquid diet today...man oh man dont know how im going to make it 2 weeks

Me too! Started today and I've already cheated but with fruit or small Snacks that my students give me. :rolleyes:

I will NOT eat anymore after now. haha!

Good luck to you!! :wub:

Im so hungry. Day one almost over hope tomorrow is better

I've been on for 11 days and have lost 8. I didn't realize we were on the liquids to lose weight. I thought it was to shrink the liver. Am I wrong?

No your right that is what its for. But I just thought I would loose more weight with the restrictions of liquid only is all. I weigh daily just to track progress of it. I want to loose a bunch AND have a healthy liver (: