Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention February 2013 Sleeve Buddies!

Hi guys I'm feb 5 so will be all starting similar time

I'm worried about doing the diet properly before and after.

I share your worries! I start my pre-op all liquid diet on the 4th and I get sleeved on the 18th. I am kind of freaking out about it but I decided that since I only have a couple of weeks to go, that I was going to try and prepare myself a little so I'm doing two shakes a day and one meal and if I feel a little snacky I will have whatever it is that I want (just not a lot of it) I'm sticking to it for the most part but there are a few splurges here and there because I still want to eat a few things before I get sleeved ya know? The Meal Replacement my doc provides it actually VERY good and only 160 calories per serving, so while I am sure I will be pulling my hair out by the time my surgery rolls around, at least i won't have to be "eating" something that tastes gross! just a side note: since I have started doing this Pre-pre-op diet I have lost close to 10 pounds (aided by exercise a few times a week).

I'm waiting on ins approval but I asked the dr for a date in Feb. I'm from Northern NJ. As many of u guys mentioned, VST has become an obsession for me. This is a very serious journey we all chose the take and I find comfort in knowing we all share the same emotions. Once/hopefully I get approved I'm dumping Facebook! U guys will b stuck with me! Lol! I wish u all the best of luck!

I dumped Facebook 9 months ago...one of the best decisions I ever made! (I'm not dogging FB at all) I just got tired of all of the hooplah, I was spending too much time on it, and mostly I kept getting myself into trouble with things that I was saying...and if you can't be responsible with what you say then it's best to not open your mouth (or keyboard) in the first place. But yes, this is a great place to share some common ground with people and gain knowledge from those who have been through what you are going through.

I just have to vent here...so frustrated.. I got my insurance approval on 1/4...so I call my surgeons office and the scheduling nurse says as soon as they receive payment from my Dr.appt they will schedule me...waiting... waiting... nothing... so I call yesterday to see what the heck is going on..they have to re- submit because insurance denied payment...grrrrrr...I have NO patience I just want this over with.. I am that person who will change my mind and talk myself out of this if something goes wrong...I am convinced this is a sign to not have surgery... OMG!!! I know I am a freak...lol..just aggravated.. thanks for letting me vent :). Hope I am still gonna be a February sleever at this point...

Have you called you insurance provider to see what the deal is? I know all IP's are different, but I know with mine (BCBS of Texas) they have great customer service people and they are willing to help explain things to you. If they are not paying even after you have been approved, then they need to tell you why.

Just wondering if you guys have finished your pre-op stuff ( blood work, upper GI, EKG)? It's exciting because it means my surgery is really getting close---but scary because what if something is wrong and postpones the surgery. I have the upper GI this Thurs--not looking forward to that.

Just wondering if you guys have finished your pre-op stuff ( blood work' date=' upper GI, EKG)? It's exciting because it means my surgery is really getting close---but scary because what if something is wrong and postpones the surgery. I have the upper GI this Thurs--not looking forward to that.[/quote']

Mine is this Thursday too. I'm nervous cause i don't know what to expect. But it's exciting cause it means I'm going through with it! Haha! Good luck to you!

I've done the EGD. I have the rest of the stuff over the next two weeks. The EGD was a piece of cake. It literally took longer for them to prepare me (register, IV, talk to anesthesiologist, etc) than for the actual procedure. I don't remember a thing and had no problems after. I was on my way home less than an hour after the procedure. I was scheduled for 0830, had to be there at 0700, got taken back to OR at 0930, was on the way home at 1015. Easiest thing I've done! You'll do great. Do you guys have to have a sleep study? That's the one I'm not looking forward to.

I've done the EGD. I have the rest of the stuff over the next two weeks. The EGD was a piece of cake. It literally took longer for them to prepare me (register' date=' IV, talk to anesthesiologist, etc) than for the actual procedure. I don't remember a thing and had no problems after. I was on my way home less than an hour after the procedure. I was scheduled for 0830, had to be there at 0700, got taken back to OR at 0930, was on the way home at 1015. Easiest thing I've done! You'll do great. Do you guys have to have a sleep study? That's the one I'm not looking forward to.[/quote']

I really don't want to be awake for it. Since it's my first big operation, everything leading up to it seems scary to me. Lol!

I don't need to do a sleep test cause i don't have issues with sleeping. I'm on the lower end of the bmi scale and no issues.

My fiancé is going with me thankfully. I hope it's quick for me too.

Hi, all! I'm new to this site and part of the February Sleever's Club! My surgery is February 6th in Nashville, TN with Dr. Housten. I'm 33 and I live in Memphis. All I have left to do is my pre-op class on January 28th, at which time I will also register at the hospital. I was only instructed to do a two day liquid diet, however, I am choosing to begin my liquid diet about ten days prior to surgery, because I've done horrible cutting carbs since my initial consultation, as my surgeon suggested I might do. I want everything to go well, on surgery day, and I don't want him to have to wrestle with my liver. I've order a few different kinds of Protein (Unjury and Nectar), I'm going to use Bariatric Advantage Vitamins, and I'm trying really hard not to go ahead and pack my suitcase now because there is nothing left to do but wait. I'm not good at waiting! I want February 6th to be here NOW.

I enjoyed reading through everyone's posts on this thread, and I've joined the February group. Now, I'm going to see if I can find this count down app that a couple people mentioned. I feel like what I for sure need is one more thing to obssess over, because constantly visiting two WLS sites, checking protein order statuses, posting questions to forums, reading my surgery guide again, watching WLS youtube vlogs, re-researching WLS surgery types, browsing smaller clothes online, talking to friends about it, chatting online about it, making shopping lists, calling my surgeon's office with random questions, and double-checking finances for surgery are just not enough to keep my brain constantly aware of how slowly time is eaking by between now and surgery day.

I went shopping yesterday for clothes for my post op. I found 2 pairs of work pants in each size all the way down to size 14(14 is my goal size). And they only cost me 10.00 total!!! I went to Salvation Army and got ONLY the sale color of the day. I figure it is way cheaper and if they don't fit for whatever reason.....I'm only out 99 cents each. (:

Hi (: this is my first post on here but I'm surgery date is set for February 21st and I couldn't be more excited! As of Monday it's only one month away!

Took care of my HR requirements today and have everything in order at work, I think. Had my pre-op visit and education class also. Just have to have my sleep study Friday, stress test and blood work next week. It's becoming a little more real now. I had to buy my Protein Powder from the Dr.'s office and it is yucko! But at least I only have to do it for a week, but I've decided to start a little earlier and try to ease into it. I remember how horrible the liquid diet was when I was banded and I remember how horrible and moody I became. So for my family's and employee's sakes, I'm going to start this week having shakes at Breakfast , the following week having a shake at breakfast and lunch, and then the last week going whole hog. Hopefully this will ease some of the trauma of not being able to chew anything for that last week. :-) I know 3 weeks isn't that long, but it feels like it will never get here!! So ready!! Ugh!

Thursday morning, I go for my pre-OP tests and was wondering if it would be too strenuous or hard on my body for me to go back to work that night? I asked off for the day but need the money so I'm wondering if it'd be ok for me to go in anyway after the tests? How long do the tests usually last?

Thursday morning, I go for my pre-OP tests and was wondering if it would be too strenuous or hard on my body for me to go back to work that night? I asked off for the day but need the money so I'm wondering if it'd be ok for me to go in anyway after the tests? How long do the tests usually last?

Hi, Ladyluna, what tests are you having done? It probably depends on what you do for work and if someone can drive you. I had an endoscopy (upper GI) a few months ago and it was absolutely no big deal. In fact, it was almost fun. Let me tell you first, I am a total scaredy cat about medical procedures. I've never had surgery, never broken a bone, and never been in the hospital for anything. I was terrified of the endoscopy and the idea of something being put down my throat. Hello? That sounds horrendous, right? I don't remember a thing. They gave me an IV, talked to me for a minute, sprayed my throat, and I was out. Next thing I knew I was waking up and felt great. I did apparently talk while anesthetized, since it's a twilight sleep. I was actually have the test because I was feeling sick a lot, but I apparently talked about the fact that I also wanted to have surgery, because when I came to, several techs were smiling at me and congratulating me on my upcoming surgery with a slight giggle. It wasn't mean at all, but it really made me wonder what on earth I said. My throat felt the very slightest bit rough later, like maybe if you'd had a coughing fit. They did say not to drive for 24 hours because of the anesthesia, but that's it. I'm a highly anxious person, but I wouldn't spend a minute worrying if I knew I had to get one of those again. I know that I have to get an EKG next week at my pre-op testing, but that's no biggie. That's just laying still for a minute with Patches on you. Probably bloodwork too.

It might be kind of tiring to have to do all of that stuff all at once, but maybe if you could take a nap between that and work, you'll feel fine, and you'll probably feel fine anyway, depending on what all you have to get. With that said, I'm not a doctor! If they say you can't go to work that night, listen to the experts!