Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After Surgery What Can I Take For Energy?

Hi, my gf and i are very concern because we are doing the pre-op liquid diet and we already feel we barelly have energy, so we are wondering what can we take for energy after surgery because im sure by then, we will have even less energy and after 5 days over there we will have to take 2 planes to cme back home. how are we gonna do this without passsing out ? Those who have had surgery in another city or had to drive hours to the clinic or went to Mexico, what did u do for energy?

Thanks !

Honestly I felt fine I was in Mexico for five days, eating morning but broth and I felt ok. I had a flight back to Florida and that was long but I wasn't overly tired. You'll be surprised

I'm here now. Had surgery Friday. Fly home tomorrow and my energy is completely zapped. They say to have your broth and Isopure but only able to get a small amount down. Thank goodness I don't go back to work until next Monday. I hope someone responds with some tips.

The only thing I found that gave me energy was to stomach as much Protein as I could. They had this awful clear stuff in the hospital that I mixed in my broth..When I got home, I used the powder I bought that tastes wayyyyy better and mixed in Water and eventually into milk. The lst few days I fell asleep at a drop of a hat!! But soon thereafter, I could stay awake for much longer periods. I am 2 weeks out and really not tired at all now except if I forgot to have my protein! They I drink it and I'm fine. Good luck!

I'm 20 days out and have better and more consistant energey now than I have a years. I suspect I was carb loading before, so having ups and downs all day. Now my energy is constant all day and at night I'm tired and ready for bed, instead of buzzing from the night time carbs. I love it.

Maybe find a chewable multi with a dose of B Vitamins, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Deano

This is how I survived thus far...6 days post op. just keep and open mind to what I say.

I can have broth, Water and Protein shakes. I cannot stomach more than 4 ounces of anything in a 30-60 min timeframe. And those dang Protein Shakes are so hard to get in...they make my belly gurgle something fierce. So since mixing one serving of Protein Powder in half the Fluid volume is just too much...I use only half a serving in 4 ounces of egg whites. It gets me 27 g of Protein this way. That's Breakfast. Then twice throughout the day I will have 1/2 cup of broth that I made. I heat it up and add unflavored Protein Powder to it. Then drink it like my Protein Shakes. It's about 14 g of protein. Then I end my night with another shake made the same way as Breakfast. So I get in a ton of protein each day and I manage 80oz of Fluid a day. It works for me.

I also take a multi-vit twice per day, 1 chewable Iron, sublingual B12, and 4 Calcium chews per day. It helps with the energy.

unjury.com Has non flavored Protein powder and chicken flavored protein powder oth are added to Water. It was recomended to me by my surgeon.

I have been drinking Vitamin Water zero with unflavored Unjury since I got home from surgery. I drink the Rise in the morning for my Vitamins, it tastes like tang and has B vitamins for energy. There are several other good flavors. I also drank the propel zero, still do occasionally but I like vitamin water better.

Hi' date=' my gf and i are very concern because we are doing the pre-op liquid diet and we already feel we barelly have energy, so we are wondering what can we take for energy after surgery because im sure by then, we will have even less energy and after 5 days over there we will have to take 2 planes to cme back home. how are we gonna do this without passsing out ? Those who have had surgery in another city or had to drive hours to the clinic or went to Mexico, what did u do for energy?

Thanks ![/quote']

Hi I was sleeved on 10/22 in my pre surgery diet my doctor told me I have to had at least 65 to 70 g of Protein.

Your doctor do not tell you that?

You should search for protenex, the taste is no to good but it is the best way to have your Protein intake every day, that is super important.

You all please excuse my grandma, my Spanish it is perfect but my English is suck... Lol I hope you understand me.

Keeping up on your Protein and Water requirements and moving as much s you can following surgery will keep your energy at a reasonable level. Keep in Ming that every feels tired without the same amount of energy as before surgery because the body is still healing. Once you are cleared for exercise, daily exercise for 40+ minutes daily will help. New studies say working out 40 minutes a day for 4 days a week are recommended for good health. It used to be 30 minutes for 3 days a week. Also taking his seeds will help as it is a natural foods energy enhancer. It really works. I also happen to have about 1 cup of coffee a day to help with energy in the mornings. Caffeine is not recommended by all doctors nor is for everyone post sleeve. Check with your doctor on that one. Finally, make sure to sleep a little more than the recommended amount for normal folks. Sleep is the best time for your body to heal and recharge. Hope this helps.

I had my surgery in FL and flew home to TX a week later with my 2 kids. I was barely eating or drinking but at that point I was so ready to be home that I didn't care how little energy I had just get me to my bed! Lol

Keeping up on your Protein and Water requirements and moving as much s you can following surgery will keep your energy at a reasonable level. Keep in Ming that every feels tired without the same amount of energy as before surgery because the body is still healing. Once you are cleared for exercise' date=' daily exercise for 40+ minutes daily will help. New studies say working out 40 minutes a day for 4 days a week are recommended for good health. It used to be 30 minutes for 3 days a week. Also taking his seeds will help as it is a natural foods energy enhancer. It really works. I also happen to have about 1 cup of coffee a day to help with energy in the mornings. Caffeine is not recommended by all doctors nor is for everyone post sleeve. Check with your doctor on that one. Finally, make sure to sleep a little more than the recommended amount for normal folks. sleep is the best time for your body to heal and recharge. Hope this helps.[/quote']

In case itis not clear from all the mistakes my auto spell made, I found chia seeds to help with energy. Definitely have to wait until your sleeve can handle them though. Others might know how far post op this is. I started just last week at around 4.5 months post op.

Hi' date=' my gf and i are very concern because we are doing the pre-op liquid diet and we already feel we barelly have energy, so we are wondering what can we take for energy after surgery because im sure by then, we will have even less energy and after 5 days over there we will have to take 2 planes to cme back home. how are we gonna do this without passsing out ? Those who have had surgery in another city or had to drive hours to the clinic or went to Mexico, what did u do for energy?

Thanks ![/quote']

Try ginseng

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST