Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Piercings During Surgery

HI everyone I receive my surgery on Dec. 10th I was woundering do i have to take out my body piercings ?

My surgeon told me no jewelry while in the or.... should be able to put them back in after surgery

That's right. No jewelry or body pericings in during surgery. They makes u take them out.

o ok well I'll just have to take it out. Where did you get your countdown tickers?

do i have to take out my body piercings ?

Jalese

i agree that you will need to take your body pierces out as you are going to surgery-along with all jewelry

WLS - 12/10 -good luck, speedy recovery - you are in for the ride of your lifetime towards health and happiness - wishing you well

that being said - i have to laugh a bit, not at you but ...i want to experiment, new things since WLS

since i've been losing my weight - i've tried to step out of the box, do a couple things that i never did

joked to DH about piercing my naval - i don't think so!!!!! but ..........

got a tattoo!!!! OMG :)

got my 2 front teeth capped - :)

changed my "natural" blonde by Loreal ;)

to a light,warm blonde with a little red!!!! ;)

Face Lift 1/30/13 :)

there are other smaller but cool NSV's that i keep on enjoying

this grammy isn't in a rocking chair - but I'm a ROCKIN :lol:

change is good :)

o ok well I'll just have to take it out. Where did you get your countdown tickers?

They r on the part of the site where u can update and change ur profile it says my tickers I believe.

They r on the part of the site where u can update and change ur profile it says my tickers I believe.

Thanks I had to get more aquinted with the site I guess.

Jalese

i agree that you will need to take your body pierces out as you are going to surgery-along with all jewelry

WLS - 12/10 -good luck, speedy recovery - you are in for the ride of your lifetime towards health and happiness - wishing you well

that being said - i have to laugh a bit, not at you but ...i want to experiment, new things since WLS

since i've been losing my weight - i've tried to step out of the box, do a couple things that i never did

joked to DH about piercing my naval - i don't think so!!!!! but ..........

got a tattoo!!!! OMG :)

got my 2 front teeth capped - :)

changed my "natural" blonde by Loreal ;)

to a light,warm blonde with a little red!!!! ;)

Face Lift 1/30/13 :)

there are other smaller but cool NSV's that i keep on enjoying

this grammy isn't in a rocking chair - but I'm a ROCKIN :lol:

change is good :)

Wow, lol thats so cool you got a tattoo. I'm glad your doing things you've always wanted to do did you start doing those thing because the surgery made you feel more comfortable?

Thanks I had to get more aquinted with the site I guess.

did you find them sweetie?

glad your doing things you've always wanted to do did you start doing those thing because the surgery made you feel more comfortable?

Jalese

losing weight - feeling better about myself, confidence went hand in hand

tattoo - that was very exciting!!!!

above my right wrist

M A E

heart under each letter

MAE initials in small script

1 small heart under each initial

tactfully done, looks amazing - i love the feeling that i did this for me (didn't hurt at all, really)

stand for first initial of each of my amazing grandkids (Morgan, Andrew, Ethan) - having one heart under each initial signifying they are the loves of my life :wub:

having my front teeth capped, improved my appearance

different hair color - i was being brave!!

face lift??? (1/20/13) after this skin loss, it will help me look and feel better

more "to do" will follow, DH is a little scared of whats next!? :lol:

i wouldn't have even thought of doing such things pre-WLS

having the sleeve has made me healthy, self-confident -

I have a nose ring, can I put in a plastic ring to hold the hole open? They close really quickly.

I have my lip, tongue, Monroe, and nose pierced. You have to take them all out. When I went under they didn't want the plastic in either, I take all my piercings out for work all week and they don't close.. You should be ok for surgery, if not, it's worth the $60 to re pierce after ;-)

Had to take my nose ring out. I've had mine for 4 years but still was paranoid it would close lol. I had it in my purse so I could put it back in after surgery but totally forgot about it. That was definitely the last thing on my mind lol. When I got home I remembered and luckily it hasn't closed lol

I was worried about that also. They allowed me to wear plastic retainers in my nose and tongue. On tongue it couldn't have a ball though. I ended up just taking tongue out because I've had for 10years knew it wouldn't close. But I guess docs have different preferences on this topic.

I was worried about that also. They allowed me to wear plastic retainers in my nose and tongue. On tongue it couldn't have a ball though. I ended up just taking tongue out because I've had for 10years knew it wouldn't close. But I guess docs have different preferences on this topic.

For anyone else searching this topic- I used tigon retainers as approved by surgeon. My piercings were too new to just take them out. Tigon is a clear plastic-like tubing.