Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months After Surgery And Omg... Incredible!

I don't need the site anymore, as I have had zero problems since surgery.. HOWEVER, I did promise an update or two to some folk! I was one of those who had no issues.. Was on liquid diet for only one week pre-op.. Then went to soft foods the day after surgery and normal diet, really, the week after that! I was 265 at peak.. got to 260 start of liquid diet and am 218 today.. so, 42 pounds since surgery/pre-op.. My diabetes is all gone already! Was a 224 fasting glucose and now 77. My Vitamin D deficiency- GONE.. My blood pressure at lowest level (and normal) EVER.. cholesterol all great. .WOW....

I use myfitnesspal app to track my calories. Bear in mind, I started much lighter than most and really never had true mental issues with food.. Just bad habits. So, I allow myself to eat only healthy foods.. I do eat and try some cake or other items, but it just makes me ravenous later, so I avoid them. I can eat my veggies and meats and carbs in any order...... I often wake up hoping this has not been a dream. It's incredible. I just post this , NOT TO BRAG, but simply to give hope to those who are about to undergo the surgery or who are struggling in the early days. Time flies and I could not be happier with all of this! Carpe Diem!

post-40575-1381366106365_thumb.jpg

post-40575-13813661065131_thumb.jpg

What an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing. Your story encourages me. My surgery date is 12/3 and I have lose 11 lbs already. I weight 209 as of yesterday. I have Vitamin defiency too. I pray it goes away with the BP, and GERD! Congrats!

Congrats on your progress.

Though after two months I don't think you can say definitively that you no longer need this site. Also I'm sure there are people on here that could benefit from your expierences.

Omg is right you are doing awesome! Congrats and it is a blessing that you have not had any problems

Congrats!

My sugars and BP are much better as well, hoping for similar results as you withy diabetes.

Well in my opinion OP I think your post implies that you feel , "holier than though"

"No mental issues with food" - if you eat the wrong foods it is still mental.

'Much lighter than others" - there are alot of "lighweights that get the surgery, you are not an anomoly.

Anyway just feel that you are bragging that you were better than others to start with. Sorry to break your ego bubble, but I think you were not.

I wish you the best in your healthy journey to eating right and keeping your weight off. Good Luck.

Well in my opinion OP I think your post implies that you feel ' date=' "holier than though"

"No mental issues with food" - if you eat the wrong foods it is still mental.

'Much lighter than others" - there are alot of "lighweights that get the surgery, you are not an anomoly.

Anyway just feel that you are bragging that you were better than others to start with. Sorry to break your ego bubble, but I think you were not.

I wish you the best in your healthy journey to eating right and keeping your weight off. Good Luck.[/quote']

I often say similar things. People who are overweight do not all have mental issues with food. I would include myself in that statement. Eating the wrong food (ie having a dessert after dinner) does not mean you have "issues with food". It means you should probably skip dessert on occasion. There are a few "wrong foods" IMO but not many. (I'm not a huge fan of hostess products as they lack any actual food in them LOL). I got fat by having one too many glasses of good cabernet, a bit too large of a steak, and eating salad, dinner and dessert more than I should have given my activity level with a sick child. I don't reach for a bag of chips when I have emotional issues. I don't plan on the next big meal...there is a difference :) That's all this guy was saying. That does not mean I am better or he is better than any one here who might find a bag of chips consoling. I handle my stresses differently is all. So when I read some people's issues with the prediets or the post, I don't necessarily identify with them...and I would say that this would apply to more people than not here.

That's not a bad thing! It's just different :) I don't see he's judging anyone, he's just saying his journey was different than many he reads here, as is mine IMO. I'm a lower BMI as well, so my journey there is different as well. That's not an ego thing. It's just what it is.

His story is a nice little read and I just don't see the meanness you are seeing. The only mean I see is in your response to this post. Wouldn't it have been easier to walk past this thread and go on to one that you could identify with more verses beating up this guy for his success? It's success...we should reward that when it comes from a guy who only had 25 lbs to lose as well as a guy who had 250 lbs to lose. :)

I love IggyChic! IggyChic for president! Oh wait... it's too late for that. *sigh*

I love IggyChic! IggyChic for president! Oh wait... it's too late for that. *sigh*

LMAO oh honey can you imagine! But maybe in the next four years I can hide all of the skeletons in my attic...I have a big attic :P

@amazon, I stopped posting a while back because of angry people . Not sure how you see gloating or meanness, but to each their own. I agree with iggychick. I thought it important to note that I didnt have as much to lose, so that people wouldn't slap me for not noting that.. Anyway, if it encourages one person, which it seems that it has, I am glad I posted :)