Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

... describes how I have been feeling for the past few days. I was just sleeved on November 14th. I am still on Clear liquids and tomorrow I can start full liquids. I am just so depressed. I want real food. Constantly I smell and see food. I know everyone else is complaining about things like this but I felt like I needed to vent and get it off my chest by typing it up. I am afraid I will never be able to eat the food I was before again. I am not talking about the fatty food perse but more like all the healthy meals I was making for the 3 months that I had surgery. All I want is some cauliflower crust pizza or spinach dip bites...:(

My husband keeps consoling me and trying to remind me WHY I made this decision and that it was a good decision, but I am having such a tough time with it today. Went for a walk today at the mall to help my brother pick a gift out and all I could smell were pretzels. Torture... never doing that again.

I am just really questioning if I made the right decision or if I should have just stuck to a diet low in calories and fat. I lost 200lbs when I was 18 with diet and excercise. I tried it again but didn't have the same success thats why I originally looked into VSG. I guess I just need to STFU, put my big girl panties on and stop being such a baby.

Vent away - it helps!

Go for a walk, watch a funny movie, read some inspirational stories, watch utube videos of peoples before and after... all that stuff helps you remember why you need to do this.

I have said it before, you will be able to eat normal food again, but the most liberating part is ... you also just won't care that much about it!

I'm on day 6 of pre-op and am starting to have a hard time. I wish I was to your point. Best of luck and keep in touch.

I know it's soo hard in the first few weeks, but hang in there. I promise it gets better!

Congratulations you have lost 70 pounds! Celebrate with a little happy dance knowing you won't be wearing "big girl panties" forever. You will be able to eat the healthy foods you came to love pre-op and a variety of food with a new relationship and restriction. You can do this, nothing is forever when you look back... this will be a flash in your long healthy life. No consulation right now but I'm pretty sure you'll have no regrets later...

I know how you feel! the week following my surgery, I wad a major melt down; my sister was cooking some rice and the smell just drove me over the edge. I CRIED lol!!! but I will let you know, almost six months since my surgery I WILL DO IT AGAIN :) it was so worth it. You will enjoy all that stuff again in due time. Some won't even appeal to you anymore. Be patient, I know it's hard, the time will come.

I had my surgery in September but got a leak - I have been out of hospital and eating now for six weeks. I was right where you were at the start of this process. Because of the leak, I really regretted my decision but from talking to others who also had a leak, as time goes by and you become more used to life with the sleeve, you no longer feel this regret. My friends who had normal recoveries also report the same thing - in six months, you'll feel so differently about this surgery!

People keep telling me this anyway :) It doesn't really help but I just keep reminding myself that I will look back on this and not feel so, well, crappy.

Just be kind to yourself and freak out...Best of luck, Lila

LOL that should read DON'T FREAK OUT :)

Both of my best friends had their done...and they said it's the worst 2 months EVER!! But after that it is smooth sailing you can eat whatever you want but in the tinest portion...you will have plenty to save and take home!!! Best of luck....sometimes crunching on some Ice will help!!! Good Luck!

amanda. i am 2 weeks post op and i honestly felt the same way as you at first. especially because i have my 2 year old and it was a struggle at first but i already feel so much happier and better every single day! going to the gym now completely healed not sore. i am able to keep liquids down with no nausea and ive watched my friend go through the same surgery and same thing. she looks soo amazing now and its great that she can eat whatever she wants just in tiny portions and Protein first.

i know how hard it is but in due time..you will honestly feel so much better. just wait it out and you have your husband for support so use that :) good luck to both of us give it a few more days a guarantee you will feel so much better.

i thank this site for helping me. i would seriously get on here at 3am venting in the chat room and everyone gives so much motivation and positive reinforcement. we are all here for you!!! be strong.

... describes how I have been feeling for the past few days. I was just sleeved on November 14th. I am still on Clear Liquids and tomorrow I can start full liquids. I am just so depressed. I want real food. Constantly I smell and see food. I know everyone else is complaining about things like this but I felt like I needed to vent and get it off my chest by typing it up. I am afraid I will never be able to eat the food I was before again. I am not talking about the fatty food perse but more like all the healthy meals I was making for the 3 months that I had surgery. All I want is some cauliflower crust pizza or spinach dip bites...:(

My husband keeps consoling me and trying to remind me WHY I made this decision and that it was a good decision' date=' but I am having such a tough time with it today. Went for a walk today at the mall to help my brother pick a gift out and all I could smell were pretzels. Torture... never doing that again.

I am just really questioning if I made the right decision or if I should have just stuck to a diet low in calories and fat. I lost 200lbs when I was 18 with diet and excercise. I tried it again but didn't have the same success thats why I originally looked into VSG. I guess I just need to STFU, put my big girl panties on and stop being such a baby.[/quote']

Instead of big girl panties put on a sexy thong!!

Cause you will be strutting your stuff soon enough.

Your buyers remorse will soon enough be like a mirage -vanishing

I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and still have a week left of clear liquids. I understand what you mean. I would give anything to be able to eat real food (not hungry though) I think I just need to chew and taste something other than Jello and Protein Shakes lol.

My partner and I had the sleeve done the same day and we both have good/bad food days. Sometimes we just want to eat something with taste. Sometimes we just want to vent how bad it sucks to have such a restricted diet. (From what I've read most people aren't on clears this long but our dr has never had anyone with a leak) but that is starting to pass as we are in the home stretch knowing that this part is almost over. Take it a day at a time and you will do great.

... describes how I have been feeling for the past few days. I was just sleeved on November 14th. I am still on clear liquids and tomorrow I can start full liquids. I am just so depressed. I want real food. Constantly I smell and see food. I know everyone else is complaining about things like this but I felt like I needed to vent and get it off my chest by typing it up. I am afraid I will never be able to eat the food I was before again. I am not talking about the fatty food perse but more like all the healthy meals I was making for the 3 months that I had surgery. All I want is some cauliflower crust pizza or spinach dip bites... :(

My husband keeps consoling me and trying to remind me WHY I made this decision and that it was a good decision, but I am having such a tough time with it today. Went for a walk today at the mall to help my brother pick a gift out and all I could smell were pretzels. Torture... never doing that again.

I am just really questioning if I made the right decision or if I should have just stuck to a diet low in calories and fat. I lost 200lbs when I was 18 with diet and excercise. I tried it again but didn't have the same success thats why I originally looked into VSG. I guess I just need to STFU, put my big girl panties on and stop being such a baby.

Also try to remember that since you are losing so much weight so fast, estrogen is being released from your fat cells and that's enough to wreak havoc on your emotions on its own. I sincerely hope that you are able to feel better about your decision as your body heals and you progress back to a full diet.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for all of your support and motivation. Everyone on here is so inspiring. I think you all are right and in about 6 months I will look back on this decision and consider it one of the best decisions I ever made (apart from marrying my husband). Thanks for the ideas to watch videos on youtube of other's success. I spent a lot of last night watching some. I am currently having greek yogurt this morning and that certainly calmed me down some!

Thanks again for letting me vent and being there for me!! You all are GREAT! <3 :D