Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going Out Of Town .....can I Have A Drink R Two ?

My day is da 26th .....I'm going to New Orleans the weekend before can I have a drink ??

Sure! You have my permission.

The reason nobody has answered is because we aren't doctors. We have no rights to give medical advice, all we give are opinions.

You should consult your doctor or nutritionist on questions like this.

The reason nobody has answered is because we aren't doctors. We have no rights to give medical advice' date=' all we give are opinions.

You should consult your doctor or nutritionist on questions like this.[/quote']

First off I didn't ask for any medical advice....sorry u feel that I did......

The reason nobody has answered is because we aren't doctors. We have no rights to give medical advice' date=' all we give are opinions.

You should consult your doctor or nutritionist on questions like this.[/quote']

This is a group for opinions right ????

I am three months and I have had wine no hard liquor. I sip slowly and sometimes it doesn't set well I have yet to have a buzz. At one month I would REALLY sip slowly, it would suck to be at a nice bar or restaurant and have to run to throw up.

I am three months and I have had wine no hard liquor. I sip slowly and sometimes it doesn't set well I have yet to have a buzz. At one month I would REALLY sip slowly' date=' it would suck to be at a nice bar or restaurant and have to run to throw up.[/quote']

Thanks ......I know what u mean ......with this band I had to be ready at any moment to run to da restroom

I wouldn't.

You'll be able to have alcohol after the surgery 4-6 weeks out. I'm scheduled for the 26th also. The day before surgery it's one Protein shake in the AM, the a bottle of magnesium citrate and clear fluids for the rest of the day. After midnight, nothing at all to drink or eat, not even Water. So I'll be preparing my stuff this weekend for Monday.

I think that maybe one glass of wine would be ok, but I wouldn't be slammin' em back or anything. Why risk it? Alcohol dehydrates you anyway, and that would be rough going into surgery, IVbag or not.

When Twooley said you need to call your Dr. With questions like that, he was right. He answered your question with a great answer. You got nasty when no one answered you, at first, and then when he told you who you really need to consult, you got nasty with him. He gave the right answer, a caring answer, but its not what you wanted to hear. This is a question for your Doctor, not us.

Opinions don't matter in this situation. If you had a hunch that your Dr. Would say 'no' and then decided to ask us if you could have a 'get out of jail free' card to go drinking, you're making a mistake.

Just my opinion.

I wouldn't.

You'll be able to have alcohol after the surgery 4-6 weeks out. I'm scheduled for the 26th also. The day before surgery it's one Protein shake in the AM' date=' the a bottle of magnesium citrate and clear fluids for the rest of the day. After midnight, nothing at all to drink or eat, not even Water. So I'll be preparing my stuff this weekend for Monday.

I think that maybe one glass of wine would be ok, but I wouldn't be slammin' em back or anything. Why risk it? Alcohol dehydrates you anyway, and that would be rough going into surgery, IVbag or not.

When Twooley said you need to call your Dr. With questions like that, he was right. He answered your question with a great answer. You got nasty when no one answered you, at first, and then when he told you who you really need to consult, you got nasty with him. He gave the right answer, a caring answer, but its not what you wanted to hear. This is a question for your Doctor, not us.

Opinions don't matter in this situation. If you had a hunch that your Dr. Would say 'no' and then decided to ask us if you could have a 'get out of jail free' card to go drinking, you're making a mistake.

Just my opinion.[/quote']

I never got nasty to nothing ....it was just a question I wanted an answer from somebody who has had there surgery r no somebody who has .......but thanks for ur answer

I just know me going to New Orleans pre op instead of post op like it was gonna b b4 is gonna b a little harder for me .......no harm intended....I'm here for all da help I can get

I never got nasty to nothing ....it was just a question I wanted an answer from somebody who has had there surgery r no somebody who has .......but thanks for ur answer

Their***

You could but go slow, it hits you way harder now and you risk passing out. That happened to me once.