Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Urge To Eat Or Drink

I was sleeved on wednesday I had no complications with surgery its basically my Fluid intake thats keeping me here. They removed me from my iv so I wasnt so dependent on getting fluid that way but I'm just not thirsty or hungry at all. I dont feel the urge to eat or drink ever and everything I do have is forced so I feel uncomfortable did anyone else deal with this?

i,m dealing with that myself rite now. i,m 5 days post op and have no desire to drink or eat anything. i,m just trying to force it for now, as i don,t want to end up in the hospital. i,m sure it gets better

Me too! I thought it was just me... I was sleeved Tuesday. Been home for three days and I have to force myself to drink. Protein Water, Protein Shake, and some broth and water. I am going very slowly. I drink all day, but it is probably only around 40-50oz total by the end of the day. I see others who are consuming much more than me. I don't feel bad though, so I don't think anything is wrong. Hopefully it will get better.

I HATE drinking my fluids. I didn't expect it to be this much work nor did I expect to have no desire to drink anything. My doctor said to focus on doing 3 oz per hour instead of 4 so that's what I'm working on. Hoping it gets better soon - for you guys too. Jello has been easier to get down than anything else.

I was sleeved Monday and although I'm not hungry or thirsty I can drink as much as I want. I obviously do.t guzzler but getting in all my Protein and Water no problem. No pain drinking or anything. Doesn't even.seem like I.had surgery. But not hungry

Don't worry. I'm 5 weeks out and barely ever got in the suggested amount of fluids that first week. Just do what you can and DON'T STRESS. Every time I drank an ounce of broth I felt like I drank a gallon. I never really had a desire to drink anything and couldn't even drink my liquid meds at first which was the only real problem since pain is no fun. It will get easier. You will eventually get hungry and want the broth. Good luck!

Sent from Lake Travis

Don't worry. I'm 5 weeks out and barely ever got in the suggested amount of fluids that first week. Just do what you can and DON'T STRESS. Every time I drank an ounce of broth I felt like I drank a gallon. I never really had a desire to drink anything and couldn't even drink my liquid meds at first which was the only real problem since pain is no fun. It will get easier. You will eventually get hungry and want the broth. Good luck!

Sent from Lake Travis

Thank you!! I needed to hear this. :)

I have the same problem. I know I need to drink, but every time I try it seems like I'm sucking down large amounts of air. Then the gas hits... :(

sugar free Popsicles helped me tremendously!!!! Water felt like it got stuck but the Popsicles and icy cold watered down apple juice did the trick

Strangely enough, during the 1st couple of weeks I LOVED sf popsicles but drinking anything cold sent my new stomach into painful spasms. Play with different temps to find what works for you.

Good luck to you. You'll feel better soon, I promise!

I can't wait to leave the hospital and have some popsicles that might be alot better for me to wanna eat

I can't wait to leave the hospital and have some popsicles that might be alot better for me when out comes to wanting to eat.