Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Updates By Nov. 2012 Sleevers

Hey Nov. Sleevers... How are you????

I was sleeved on the 12th. So far I'm Ok. I am fine with my Water and Protein... sip sip sip. My goal is to drink one 200 calorie can per day per my MD, Plus as much water as possible.

Of course I am still very achy and feel very weak and dizzy at times... but over all I'm Ok... I have yet to vomit... but today I passed my 1st BM post op... TMI: OMG diarrhea attack... my stomach and guts were turning and I barely made it to the rest room. Sorry for the details... but I want to share the good truth!

Oh well... its over and I am much relieved. FYI: I gained 10 pds post surgery... I think from all the IV fluids and swelling-cuz I weighted 235 the day of surgery and 245 2 days later????? Well today is day 4 and I'm down 8 out of those 10.

Question: Whats your 2 week post op diet?????

Mine is only a Protein shake divided in to 4 servings per day and water...

:/

Good Luck & God Bless to all!!!!!

Hi!

I was sleeved 11/9, so I am 8 days post-op. I was on liquids for the first week and now mushies/purees for the next three weeks. Today I had scrambled eggs, cheese, chicken salad, and hummus, and it all went well. I went very slow, max 2 T. at each meal, but no pain, no nausea, and no vomiting.

My recovery has been much slower than I anticipated. I still get tired very easily and just have no energy. I can't wait to feel normal again. It'll be worth it in the end!

Oh forgot to mention:

My back is killing me...

I am NOT a back sleeper...

I LOVE to sleep on my tummy or side- but can't right now which is torture :/

I am day 5 of sleeve. Also had gall bladder removed. Filled with stones, some in duct, and no bile. Hiatal hernia repaired also. Still on pain meds and trying to get the liquids and Protein in.

I was sleeved on Monday 11/12 - cam ehome from hosp. on Wed. Truthfully, I felt like hell for Monday, Tues and Wed. On Thursday I started to feel a little better and today it continues to make improvements. BM you say? I have yet to have that - TMI - sorry but I don't know what to do, my Dr. said not to worry and to get an over the counter laxitive - but I'm scared to do that as laxitives, in the past, cause me extreme adominal discomfort. That said, I started taking prescription priolsec and was able to handle that fine. I am hungry - when I go to sip a shake or tea, I can only take a few sips. But I know I am hungry. I can't wait to move on to yogart and pudding and cream Soup phase next week! Today I took a little Peanut Butter and tucked it away in my cheek and let a little at time melt in my mouth - just so I could feel like I was eating something. This is hard, but will be worth it. My abdomen is still sore and I walk kinda slow. I am also a little clumsy these past few days - like I'm in a daze. It will be worth it - in the end.

I was sleeved on November 12th. I am doing really well. I have lost almost 3 lbs. The soreness is almost gone. I have only taken pain medication once since I left the hospital and that was because the gas they pumped in me, caused my back to hurt and I wanted to be able to sleep the night I came home. I sleep on my side. I can't wait to get back to my stomach, because I'm a stomach sleeper. I am still careful when I move because I don't want to rip my incisions back open or hurt myself on the inside. I am on a liquid diet right now. I haven't been nauseated. I've been able to tolerate all of the liquids I've tried. My appetite is diminished, but I am craving regular foods. I cannot wait to chew food again. I am so ready to get back to my regular low-carb diet. I am surprised at how well I have done.

Hello Everyone! I was sleeved Nov 6.

I'm doing well, haven't weighed myself...so not sure what I've lost (although I know I've lost something...)

Today is day 10, and they finally allowed me to begin purees. It was beginning to get really difficult to eat nothing but broth, juice, Jello and Water. It wasn't because I was hungry. I don't think I've been hungry at all, actually.

My abdomen is still pretty tender...mostly the largest incision. I can finally manage to get around better and drive today.

I take 2 Tums Ultra and 2 Flintstones Complete everyday...followed by 1 Prevacid. I haven't really had any gas issues, but I have had a lot of trouble pooping. haha

I didn't poop for a week. I started taking Miralax and Colace...and now have had a little success.

Congrat everyone... and God willing we will all recover fast w/o complications!

FYI Re: BM's I was told it could take up to 1 week for the first BM... it's ok to take a little milk of magnisa to get your bowels moving.

Well I am NOT hungry or craving anything... my husband and kids feel bad to eat in front of me... but I am fine... my tummy is sooo delicate and achy THE LAST THING THAT I WANT IS REGULAR FOOD!!!

From What I read some of you are able to have other stuff like Jello & broth and even are able to start pureed / mushy stuff the 2 week.... lucky! I am stuck with Protein shakes and Water for 2 complete weeks... week 3 is the next phase for me. TTYL :)

Hugs & Blessing to all!!!!

Hi, I was sleeved on nov 8th, I am still really tired & just basically exhausted.

I have trouble with my Protein , just don't know what to do. I just ready about some "yes whey" shots.

I have been lucky with my cream Soups & keeping them down.

I am down 20lbs from pre-op weight.

Good luck everybody!

Thank you everyone for sharing your post-op experience. I will meet my surgeon by the end of the month. It helps a lot to know what others are experiencing, because just like any surgery- this is a big decision for me. I am coming in with my eyes open and being realistic about it. You all give inspiration, have a safe recovery everyone.

I was 11/2 and really, with few exceptions, things have been great. No pain meds since the hospital, incisions are healing well, getting the walking in and Vitamins are not an issue. I have introduced new foods, make sure they are super soft, and have had no real issues. I did over eat with literally THREE bites of a bean Soup I made and that came back up. Otherwise, no issues. Really learning the size and capacity. Had some crab and shrimp this week and both were great. Hitting my Proteins and mostly my Water (although it is hard to get both but I track to keep it up). I've gone out to eat two or three times and two parties today. Most people don't know it is is shocking how little they notice! I've been able to select good foods that are Soups or purée like or I just really chew a ton if it is soft food. So far I can see how I will be able to move into this lifestyle. I know it won't b easy always but I am 26 lbs in the 3 weeks since I went on pre-op liquids and two weeks post surgery. I am definitely having energy issues but I figure that will come with time! I already feel and see the difference and have a goal of hitting 40 lbs down in the first 90 days! Wish me luck!

I was wondering about the bm issue! I was sleeved Nov 12th too and so far...nothing from that end :( I was hoping it would come naturally so I will give it til Sunday...if not then I will take something.

I've been trying to get Protein in more each day and that def helps with the energy level. I was falling asleep at a drop of the hat!

I had creamed (strained) potato Soup tonight mixed with 1% milk and it was sooo good! I was getting sick of Jello and popcicles! lol

I was sleeved on November 5th, just started mushies and purees. It has been going good so far. I am only getting around 400-550 calories a day. How about you guys? I was sooo excited to start more real food, but then I got a bit of refried Beans in front of me and was like "meh". It tasted great, but just don't have that hunger like I used too, so that's a good thing. Are you guys having any trouble identifying the full feeling--it seems a bit different to me since surgery.

As far as pain, I still have some subtle sharp pains on my left side, but it seems to be getting better each day. I am looking forward to exercising more. I have been walking a mile a day, which has been great, but ready to pick it up a bit.

I was sleeved on November 8th. I'm doing good, I guess. Still on thin liquids. Jello, Protein shakes (yuck), Water, crystal light, and broth. Today I am hungry! I want to eat a ham and cheese sub. I have no idea why. I am having one of those days where I miss my old lifestyle. I miss eating and watching a good movie on tv! I'm so bored lately! So much of my life was eating. Now I don't know what to do/dont want to do anything. I'm happy with my weight loss. 55 pounds since pre op October 4th. I feel great. Just missing food. It takes me forever to eat Jello even!

I can't wait until it gets better/easier. Thanksgiving is going to suck this year.

I was sleeved yesterday. Day two in hospital and I thought it would be way worse, the gas in my belly is just starting to come out so it's uncomfortable but manageable. My experience here at Endobariatric with Dr. alvarez has been great. I feel safe and everyone has been nice and my sleeve buddy is super interesting and we talked the whole car ride across the boarder and had our last Soup supper together before our surgeries the next morning and now we are walking the halls together. We both came alone without our husbands and it has been great. Nap time.

Before I go I want to thank everyone who had an encouraging word or hello or answering my questions it made this whole experience for me and I can't believe i am sleeved! Best thing ever! Take care and better believe I will do before and afters soon enough.