Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries?

Hello my name is Arleen and I am sechduled for surgery December 26th I am new to this support group and chatting so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very excited but very nervous at the same time the doctor started me on a pre surgery diet of four protien drinks a day and a healthy choice meal and a boiled egg but he did give me a list of veggies I am allowed so it is a 850 calorie diet with 85 grams of protien a day. Is anyone else doing this type of diet? I messed up a little these past 2 days because I was out of town so now I feel guilty!

counting down the days! 20 days to go!!

Congrats AKTX! I crossed over on 12/3...im at home recovering, and I am so happy that I decided to have this surgery. Im excited about this journey the change of lifestyle and of course, weightloss!

The biggest bother to me 4 days post op is when I have to sneeze or cough .... there'sa bit of pain that hits when my stomach expands during a sneeze or cough....otherwise all is well! Cheers to us!

Big Congrats MrsDwD!! I am glad all went well for you and the pain is just a "bit". Hang in there it only gets better from here.

Yeah we did it!!

AKTX

Hello my name is Arleen and I am sechduled for surgery December 26th I am new to this support group and chatting so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very excited but very nervous at the same time the doctor started me on a pre surgery diet of four protien drinks a day and a healthy choice meal and a boiled egg but he did give me a list of veggies I am allowed so it is a 850 calorie diet with 85 grams of protien a day. Is anyone else doing this type of diet? I messed up a little these past 2 days because I was out of town so now I feel guilty!

Hi arleen63,

I am new to the form too so I understand. My diet was simple and lasted 2 weeks. 70 gram of protien and 30 carbs (avoid sugar, day before surgery liquid diet). They allowed me to eat Thanksgiving dinner with no restrictions due to it was early in the two weeks and I decided to start a day early to make up for the day I would eat.

Do what your doctor says as they want your liver to be small as this makes the surgery safe for you. Find a protien to help you get over hunger pains and head hunger at least this is what help me. After 3 - 4 days I did not have a carb crave and I was able to manage the diet. I know everyone is different.

When you fall off the diet get right back on that same moment and keep going as you can do it and the payoff will be good. Drink plenty of Water too!

Take care and I hope all goes well!

AKTX

M up for my surgery in December. Looking for buddies and friends who are December surgeries! Let's connect and help each other

December 5th 2012

Hi my fellow December sleevers! I had my surgery on 12/5 and got home from the hospital the afternoon of 12/7. Like others have said, the first day in the hospital was a blur; the second day there was a bit of pain and a lot of nausea; and the third day I was feeling good and ready to go home. I've been doing really well getting my fluids in today, but am falling short on Protein. I hear that is pretty normal so soon after surgery. My only real complaint is gas and bloating. Killing me. Just like I've read on this forum a million times, walking is the key to getting rid of it. The more I walk the better I feel. So excited to be on the losers bench! Glad to hear everyone else is doing well too!!! Let's do this!

Hi my fellow December sleevers! I had my surgery on 12/5 and got home from the hospital the afternoon of 12/7. Like others have said' date=' the first day in the hospital was a blur; the second day there was a bit of pain and a lot of nausea; and the third day I was feeling good and ready to go home. I've been doing really well getting my fluids in today, but am falling short on Protein. I hear that is pretty normal so soon after surgery. My only real complaint is gas and bloating. Killing me. Just like I've read on this forum a million times, walking is the key to getting rid of it. The more I walk the better I feel. So excited to be on the losers bench! Glad to hear everyone else is doing well too!!! Let's do this![/quote']

Congrats to you on crossing over! Let our new journeys begin!! :-)

Hi everyone...4 days pot op. OMG I think ill live. I really questioned myself days 2-3. Not much pain but the GAS was unbearable. I felt it start at my sternum work up my esophugus just to cause massive nausea and dry heaves for 1 tiny ass little burp..WTH? So not fun. Every time I laid on my back, sat up or stood up to walk it out, I doubled over. My family would burl/rub me like a baby which did help. Gas x helped a little as did liquid gaviscom (ick) and big deep breaths' It is passing. The gas is minimal now...and burping not as painful...just my story in case anyone else feels this way, it is normal and it Sucks! But its getting better. Lo

Hi my fellow December sleevers! I had my surgery on 12/5 and got home from the hospital the afternoon of 12/7. Like others have said' date=' the first day in the hospital was a blur; the second day there was a bit of pain and a lot of nausea; and the third day I was feeling good and ready to go home. I've been doing really well getting my fluids in today, but am falling short on Protein. I hear that is pretty normal so soon after surgery. My only real complaint is gas and bloating. Killing me. Just like I've read on this forum a million times, walking is the key to getting rid of it. The more I walk the better I feel. So excited to be on the losers bench! Glad to hear everyone else is doing well too!!! Let's do this![/quote']

This is my story dates and all. Gotta do more walking. I think I will go shopping with hubby till I cant tolerate it anymore. Lots of luck!

I'm at day 3 and feeling better too. I haven't had the dreaded gas but lots of nausea. Not doing very well with my Protein, but working on it today.

I'm having surgery Dec. 13Th. I'm getting nervous and scared. Gosh, I sure hope i dont regret this. I went to the outlet today and kinda got excited that i will one day be a size 10. I dont want to get too thin though.

Too thin sounds like words of jealous people. I have heard that all my life. Whenever I diet and get where I want to be somone tells me that. Guess what, weight goes back on.

So what I have been doing is asking for support and part of that is NOT to tell me I look too thin. My Doctor and I will be the judge of that. Think about it.

Ainslee

LONG. I guess I am ready to update. My surgery was Dec. 6. I was an active member of November sleevers because I was scheduled for the 27th. The doctor asked me to have it done on the 6th (because he knew in advance, that I had a hiatal hernia) so he could use it as a training/conference call, surgery, video.

Surgery was 7:30 AM. I don't have much recollection of that day. In fact the first 2 days were a blur. I was seeing double and hallucinationing and talking aloud, to noone. I was often confused and once in the night I woke up clostrouphoebic. I have 5 tiny incisions, that were glued shut. 2nd day around 3PM I have my barium leak test. I did OK with that until the nurse and the Doctor started talking about putting a cathetor in the nose. I had to tell them to stop talking or I was going to throw up. They were very apologetic afterward.

Buy day 3 I was ready to go home, because I couldn't stand it anymore. I had a beautiful private room, with a view of the Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. The nurses were nice but I also have very small and very deep viens. When the First IV puled out of the vein, my vessels started to fill and swell and it was very painful. So they had to do it in my other hand. 3 different people, 3 different tries and digging around. I had my first BM in the middle of the 2nd night and the nurse was all excited because 3 or her bariatric patients all pooped on the same night. Woohoo.

So anyway, i got to come home yesterday and slept a lot. I have barely been awake for 28 hours. I was confused by all the anti-nasaua/vomiting/gas pills I got and didn't know what to take, or when.

The nicest choices for me are tiny, frozen ispure (in different flavors) and tiny,

frozen chrystal light lemonade flavor. I can eat them all day. Also, I like chicken Unjury. I make it per the instructions and add a bit of hot Water when it gets cold. that is about it in the food dept. for now. I figure if I just do that for now, In a day, I will get in 61 Proteins, and at least, 40 oz of liquid.

If I write a bit oddly, I am doing my best. It takes a lot of effort on my part.

I wanted to write and tell of my expereince becasue I thought I was totally prepared and well read and informed about everything, But I wasn't.

Hi everyone...4 days pot op. OMG I think ill live. I really questioned myself days 2-3. Not much pain but the GAS was unbearable. I felt it start at my sternum work up my esophugus just to cause massive nausea and dry heaves for 1 tiny ass little burp..WTH? So not fun. Every time I laid on my back' date=' sat up or stood up to walk it out, I doubled over. My family would burl/rub me like a baby which did help. Gas x helped a little as did liquid gaviscom (ick) and big deep breaths' It is passing. The gas is minimal now...and burping not as painful...just my story in case anyone else feels this way, it is normal and it Sucks! But its getting better. Lo[/quote']

Well hello there! I was wondering how your surgery went?!! Glad to hear that you too are progressing post op! Stay in touch!

Hello my lovelies! I survived lol. Had my revision surgery from gastric lap band to sleeve this morning. Won't lie, was much worse then the banding lol, but that's to be expected considering they had to fix the mess Dr Felix Speigel made me 5yrs ago and then sleeve me. I woke in the recovery room screaming and pleading for pain medicine and anti Nausea meds, bedding to throw up and for Water or ice to so so. Needless to saw never got water Didn't throw up and once then for me stable from screaming and crying at them I was put in my room around 1pm. Since them am feeling much better. Feel like I just did a marathon, 10000000000000 sit ups and twists lol and got a new BFF

post-24039-13813661445551_thumb.jpg

Hahahaha my pain med button. Still no ice or water but have a thing to swab a little water across my tongue and lips They should be taking me for a walk at 7pm