Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi'ers...how Long To Goal?

I just wanted to follow up on this thread - I had surgery on 9/10/12 and was hoping to reach my goal of 120 by end of March. Well, it is now near the end of April and I am still working on getting to goal. I knew the last 10 pounds would be difficult but I didn't anticipate how much it would annoy me! I have exceeded the goal set by the dietician. I am now seriously investigating plastic surgery. I am still maintaining about 800 calories a day - if I eat more I feel sick. I am diligent about not grazing because I know that it would be easy for me to do all day! I don't exercise even though I should. That is my next goal!!!

I am impressed by your bmi. Still waiting to get into the "normal" range here.

I had my surgery on December 17th so just a little over 4 months. I have lost 47 lbs. so far and am at 137 wearing a size 6 pants today felt so good.

I eat whatever I want I just can't eat much of anything. I cannot do any bread, pizza or crackers as I throw up. I cannot do much meat unless it is shredded or it feels stuck and I barf.

Started running and doing kettle bell and feel amazing. I wanted to he down to 120 but would be more than happy with stopping at 130.

You are doing great. It is crazy how differently our bodies react to the sleeve. I have had all the foods you mentioned with no real problems. How tall are you?

I am in this club too. It's coming off just SO SLOW. But I feel so much better about myself even at this weight I don't mind. My bad snacking time is around my TOM. These last few days I have just been bad.

When did u have your surgery

I had my surgery on December 17th so just a little over 4 months. I have lost 47 lbs. so far and am at 137 wearing a size 6 pants today felt so good.

I eat whatever I want I just can't eat much of anything. I cannot do any bread, pizza or crackers as I throw up. I cannot do much meat unless it is shredded or it feels stuck and I barf.

Started running and doing kettle bell and feel amazing. I wanted to he down to 120 but would be more than happy with stopping at 130.

I can tell you that I was the same way until the past few weeks with the food (surgery on 9/10). When I started I thought I would be ecstatic to reach 130 - and now I am really fighting to get to 120! Congratulations on exercising - it is my biggest struggle - I just can't seem to want to do it....

My surgery was 3/8 im 5`5 195 day of surgery. I lost 20 pounds first month and 10 pounds so far this month with 4 more days to go in the 2nd month. Started at a size 14 now in a 8/10. Feel great. I eat 2/3 bites of anything I want. Dont really workout. I walk a few times a week. I dont plan on really working out till I stall.

I am impressed by your bmi. Still waiting to get into the "normal" range here.

Thank you! I think if I exercised it would be better. You will get there!

Hi everyone. I was sleeved march 1st. I was 224 when I applied, 212 day of surgery and today at 7 weeks out I'm 186. My question for the successful lowbmi losers:

How many calories do u eat in a day? I'm between 600-800

How many carbs in a day? I've been told 50-75mg. Keep in mind some carbs are needed to avoid ketosis.

How much & what kind of excersise do you do?

Help me out. Thanks

I reached MY goal in six months for a total loss of 83 lbs. At five to six months out I never went over 800 calories. Early on I got 400 - 550. Right after surgery, about 350 and that was not easy!! I felt great, my labs were good and nobody was concerned about the low caloric intake! I did not eat 'anything I wanted' - nothing sweet or fried passed my lips ever, when I was losing. I limited rice, Pasta and potatoes to near nothing. A TB of potatoes or rice, maybe and 1/8 of a cup of potatoes. A TB of veggies....I wanted to make sure I got my Protein in, I hated the shakes and Protein Shots. I started getting all 60 grams in with food at 2.5 months. I did not and do not "exercise". I know me, I know my attention span is short and I didn't want to become a exercise guru, lose the weight and then stop....only to risk regaining. I made lifestyle changes I knew I could live with forever. My BMI was just under 36 when I started, I lost 23 lbs prior to surgery. I've been maintaining for over two years now. NOW I eat anything I want, but when you aren't hungry, it's easier to resist when I need to and making good choices are easier now. It's a great tool, no regrets. Oh, I weigh EVERY morning....I log my food on line and I still weigh and/or measure my food when I'm home. My new life, it's habit now.....and it's fun!

30 pounds to goal.

Well, I had 80lbs to lose, so a little more than you. It took me 18 months to reach my goal. I was a slow loser. But I reached my goal, actually dropped below by a few pounds, and having been maintaining for the last 6 months without issues.

Do you mind sharing your stats (I.e. your height, starting weight, ending weight)? I want to lose about 80/85 pounds and I'm curious if we are similar in build.

I had my sleeve on April 3rd I was 215 and 2day I went 2 see my nut. I am 200 pounds I was pissed a whole month and only 15 pounds she said its because I started out with a low weight I read ppl stats on here & they lost. Way more than me and started around the same weight as me I know every 1 is diff but gosh I was expecting more

I had my sleeve on April 3rd I was 215 and 2day I went 2 see my nut. I am 200 pounds I was pissed a whole month and only 15 pounds she said its because I started out with a low weight I read ppl stats on here & they lost. Way more than me and started around the same weight as me I know every 1 is diff but gosh I was expecting more

What are your stats? Don't get discouraged. It does take some time.

I am almost 3 years out, have yet to reach goal, surgery weight 294, 18 months later 164 lbs, 9 months after that 189 lbs. Back on low cal trying to get off the regain and keep going to goal of 130. It took me SIX MONTHS to lose the 18 pounds from 183 to 164 and I worked out like a maniac 6 days a week intense weights and cardio, and kept low cal low carb so WHAT THE EFF. -.-

"ONLY" 15 lbs in a month??!!! You're kidding, right? OMG, that is fantastic. Chances are it will be much less than that from now on! Be thrilled with each and every pound you lose. Unlike 'before' - will this new tummy you have, every pound lost is lost forever. You didn't wake up fat one day, it happened over time, for me it happened over the course of 30 years, with me losing and re-gaining. On three different occasions I lost 50 lbs, only to put it back on, plus a few to boot!!! Do a happy dance, it's great progress.

I am almost 3 years out, have yet to reach goal, surgery weight 294, 18 months later 164 lbs, 9 months after that 189 lbs. Back on low cal trying to get off the regain and keep going to goal of 130. It took me SIX MONTHS to lose the 18 pounds from 183 to 164 and I worked out like a maniac 6 days a week intense weights and cardio, and kept low cal low carb so WHAT THE EFF. -.-

Just for the heck of it, I wanted to see if I could still lose. I CAN!!! I maintain at about 1300 calories a day, so I backed it up to 1200 per day and upped my Protein to between 75 and 105 grams per day. I dropped four pounds in 2.5 weeks. When I was losing, prior to goal, I started out at about 350 calories, right after surgery and never went over 800 calories when I reached goal. You can do it.....I did not and do not "exercise", I am going to go get some ankle weights to wear around the house and I have a weighted ball that I toss around every so often, but that's it. I have made lifestyle changes. It has been easy to do that since I experience no real hunger. Try upping your protein, lowering you calories a little and if you like to exercise, that is NOT a bad thing!!! :) Good luck!

Just curious how much weight you lost each month. By low BMI' date=' I mean about 60 or so pounds to lose total. I'm a super slow loser and I want to get to goal! About 20 more to go, and it'll probably take me 4 more months at my turtle pace. Month 1: 16 lbs, month 2: 5 lbs, month 3: 8 lbs...

[/quote']

Yes I am very slow, about 5 pounds a month.i have 36.8 to go and it is taking forever.