Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi'ers...how Long To Goal?

DOS 209, 2 weeks shy of 6 months I am 141. I am 5'4" tall. My original goal was 145 (normal BMI) but I want to get to 135 now.

For 100% EBW my doctor had me at 142, but I still see excess. Haha

Congratulations! Very inspiring!

My loss has been slow and steady. Started around 190 (bmi 32).

Month 1: 15.6 lbs

Month 2: 4.6 lbs

Month 3: 8

Month 4: 7

Month 5: 6

My loss has been slow and steady. Started around 190 (bmi 32).

Month 1: 15.6 lbs

Month 2: 4.6 lbs

Month 3: 8

Month 4: 7

Month 5: 6

Congratulations! And thank you. Very helpful.

I have not had my surgery yet, but isnt being a slower loser a good thing? I would think it gives you the opportunity to workout and decrease the chance of sagging skin. Thats one of my fears, having too much skin after weight loss.

I have not had my surgery yet, but isnt being a slower loser a good thing? I would think it gives you the opportunity to workout and decrease the chance of sagging skin. Thats one of my fears, having too much skin after weight loss.

Caramelbaby - I hear you sister... but I just "thought" that by day 10, I would have seen some loss... I am at 420 calories,and 91g of Protein... I know that's a hellofa lot less that preop... so why isn't it going anywhere... the only thing I can think of it's because the body is still in repair mode. IDK... I wanted to hear others thoughts... and yes, I want it to come off slowly but regularly as well...

Just curious how much weight you lost each month. By low BMI, I mean about 60 or so pounds to lose total. I'm a super slow loser and I want to get to goal! About 20 more to go, and it'll probably take me 4 more months at my turtle pace. Month 1: 16 lbs, month 2: 5 lbs, month 3: 8 lbs...

I am 2 yrs 7 months out. I do not remember my average each month, but I reached my physician's goal in five months, and my goal (5 lbs less, for that 5 lb "pad") a month later. I continued to lose and started freaking out because I couldn't stop......a call to the doctor's office and I was able to put on the brakes and even gain about twelve lbs back. My very lowest was 18 lbs under his goal. I am now up to between 144 and 148 and have been maintaining for about 18 months. Since I'm never really hungry, it's easy. If I'm a couple of lbs up, then I just cut out a snack or two for a few days and it's gone again. I have to 'graze' to get in the calories I need to maintain, otherwise I could lose more. I initially wanted to lose 50 lbs, but it came off so easily, I knew I could reach his goal without any problem. About 85% of your tummy was removed, it's forced Portion Control. Every pound is a pound forever gone. Enjoy the ride, it's wild!!!

Alright - does anyone remember how long post op they actually started losing? I am offically 8 days post op - and at 6 days post op I finally got to my DOS weight... because of the added pounds due to fluids, etc from hospital stay... since day 6 I haven't lost anything? Also, no BM since day prior to surg... thoughts?

I'd lost 6 lbs at 2 weeks out. There is a lot of Fluid etc. It will happen. During my losing phase, I kept my Protein between 60 and 70, my calories between 450 and closer to goal I managed to some times get 800 calories in per day. I still do the on line tracking, I like to keep up with calories and Protein. I take in 1200 - 1400 per day.

My surgery weight was 208 and I'm 5'2". I lost about 13 lbs the first 2 weeks then stalled for 3. Since then I have lost a steady 6 lbs per month with the exception of 1 month when I lost 9. I had surgery May 24. I am at 153. I don't think I'm going to lose my normal 6 lbs this month because of all of the holiday eating. I haven't gained so I'm happy about that. I'm not going crazy here between Thanksgiving and New Years but I'm not depriving myself. It's kinda like sensible cheating :) After the holidays I will buckle back down and lose the last 20-30 lbs. I am expecting it to take me until April. This thread has been great to see. It's comforting to know I am chugging along like everyone else and doing just fine. Good luck everyone!

I am 5'1" sleeve sx in mid October 2012 I'm about 12 weeks out. Lost 35# pre- sx. Sx day weight of 204. Presently 179. Last 6 weeks slowed to 6 pound loss. Working hard to get Protein count and liquids. Calorie count fluctuates between 700 to 800. Is this too low??? Just can't eat much. Not exercising yet because of low calorie count.

I am 2 yrs 7 months out. I do not remember my average each month' date=' but I reached my physician's goal in five months, and my goal (5 lbs less, for that 5 lb "pad") a month later. I continued to lose and started freaking out because I couldn't stop......a call to the doctor's office and I was able to put on the brakes and even gain about twelve lbs back. My very lowest was 18 lbs under his goal. I am now up to between 144 and 148 and have been maintaining for about 18 months. Since I'm never really hungry, it's easy. If I'm a couple of lbs up, then I just cut out a snack or two for a few days and it's gone again. I have to 'graze' to get in the calories I need to maintain, otherwise I could lose more. I initially wanted to lose 50 lbs, but it came off so easily, I knew I could reach his goal without any problem. About 85% of your tummy was removed, it's forced Portion Control. Every pound is a pound forever gone. Enjoy the ride, it's wild!!![/quote']

So glad to hear!! How tall are you? My dr's goal is pretty low for my height: 125 at 5'5" but I'd love to be in the 130s. But even being in the 140s is so crazy. I'm very happy here.

I'm a slow loser too. Nothing I can't eat. I graze at work. I always said my job made me fat. I need to go to someone who specialize in behavior!

Not quite so low a BMI as only 60 pounds to lose, but I started at almost 40 BMI and lost 86 pounds in about 9 months. Never hit a stall. I don't know how much I lost on average per week, don't have my records here with me this moment.

Kyllfalcon...no stalls? U lost weekly? I just hit 13 weeks and down 32lbs. Which is average 2.46 a week but i have had a few weeks that i was up 2lbs. Or lost nothing. I know i don't always make the proper choices. I have started exercising! I started with a bmi of 40

Kyllfalcon...no stalls? U lost weekly? I just hit 13 weeks and down 32lbs. Which is average 2.46 a week but i have had a few weeks that i was up 2lbs. Or lost nothing. I know i don't always make the proper choices. I have started exercising! I started with a bmi of 40

Not one stall. I tracked my weight daily (still do) and never stayed at the same weight for longer than three days. And I have yet to hit the first lick of exercise.

I know, it's shameful. I have a super high metabolism. I know this as I had BMR tests before surgery and once I hit goal. And that's shameful too, because it means I had to work hard to get that heavy with such a metabolism.

I weigh 165 as we speak and am told I have to eat over 2000 calories per day to maintain current weight. I am having a hard time holding that much food!!

I am 5'1" sleeve sx in mid October 2012 I'm about 12 weeks out. Lost 35# pre- sx. Sx day weight of 204. Presently 179. Last 6 weeks slowed to 6 pound loss. Working hard to get Protein count and liquids. Calorie count fluctuates between 700 to 800. Is this too low??? Just can't eat much. Not exercising yet because of low calorie count.

It's is low but expected at your timing. Don't push it. You will be able to take more in as more time passes. Believe it or not when I got my calories up I would drop a couple lbs. it's really a balancing act. I mixed it up a lot... One day I would reach 1300 cal and the next only 800 at times. Eating nuts is a good way to get calories up. I did the same with fat and carbs. Always kept the numbers bouncing around so my body wouldn't get used to any certain level.

I started going back to testing a little pile of chips here, and there, and then did it for a few days in a row. My beloved husband asked me last night, isn't this how you got into trouble in the first place. Love is grand. He is so right. I'm self sabotaging the best thing I ever did not even one month out. I'm back on the straight and narrow. I'm very glad to have this forum to be honest and hear what everyone is up to.