Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wait Time For Intimacy

I'm scheduled for surgery on 11/14....so excited. I read online that you're suppose to wait 4 weeks before having sex. What is the minimum amount that anyone has waited? I'm already having withdrawals just thinking about it.

This also varies by surgeon.

There ways to "do it" without going crazy and straining your stomach.

I have heard of people only waiting a few days and some 6-8 weeks.

It differs as greatly as pre-op diets do :)

We were told six weeks from the first surgery...then from the second. :(

I'm scheduled for surgery on 11/14....so excited. I read online that you're suppose to wait 4 weeks before having sex. What is the minimum amount that anyone has waited? I'm already having withdrawals just thinking about it.

Umm well my fiance and I were in a nice hotel 3 days post op and since we never get time away from our 3 year old...we took full advantage. I used pillows to brace myself and the positions that work the best are spooning and reverse cow girl.

LionHeart

I'm sorry i have to be the one to tell you this, but the dr.s office asked me to respond to your post :mellow:

he said - just for you..........

no sex for one year after WLS - or until fish fly :( or did he mean til fish swim ;) always get those 2 confused!!

ask your dr. - hmmmm - remember you just had major surgery on your tummy - i say go for it when you feel you are well enough!!!! not too many fancy tricks for awhile though ;)

have a good night :)

Most hospital nurses advise that you at least wait to get out of the hospital.

My doc's advice is to wait until you feel like it (and obviously, choose positions that don't stress your abdomen - avoid hanging from the rafters, etc.)

6 weeks? I only had to wait that long after an episiotomy with over 150 stitches (big baby) Dang, I would second think VSG surgery. :blink:

Seem to remember I got the okay after my one week check up with limitations of no .... well, um...creativity.

My Dr said 2 weeks but I cheated;-) but only by a couple of days lol

I think this has varied from person to person. I personally waited until 8 weeks but I had a complication and any movement was too painful to say the least..I have seen people on here at 2 days post op having sex without problems. I think as long as you aren't hanging upside down from the ceiling, from harnesses, getting rough...or anything just unholy..you probably will be ok. I personally had to go with the cowgirl position because of my complication so I could control everything. After that, it's been smooth sailing. Just listen to your body, and remember if you are really, really in need, there are other ways to be satisfied without intercourse if you know what I mean that won't cause too much jostling!

I waited 5 days. It's all up to you and your body. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using VST

lol, well at least now you have one more excuse why you can,t have sex with him.

My paperwork read:

You can resume sex... "When you feel comfortable"...

I'm 12 days out and felt comfortable this morning... Lol ;)

Just take it easy... listen to your body!

Good Luck!!!!

I waited 10 days- I would have done it sooner, but Aunt Flo decided to ruin that for me...

Good question!! My surgery is on 12/12 so i was wondering as well!!