Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having surgery with him 12/05/12 will let u guys know how it goes

Deposit made... Still in tears...

I know how you feel, I swear I'm going bipolar here lol one minute I'm so excited and the next I'm wondering if maybe I can really do this on my own... I also made my deposit today with Dr Joya, I'm going with my girlfriend on 12/05/12 and we are going insane. Maybe you want to change the dates and come with us :) it's only 2 weeks from today so not much time to go too crazy about it :P

I know how you feel' date=' I swear I'm going bipolar here lol one minute I'm so excited and the next I'm wondering if maybe I can really do this on my own... I also made my deposit today with Dr Joya, I'm going with my girlfriend on 12/05/12 and we are going insane. Maybe you want to change the dates and come with us :) it's only 2 weeks from today so not much time to go too crazy about it :P

[/quote']

I wish I could! I'm a teacher so I wouldn't be able to book 2 weeks off :( my surgery is the week before our march break so that I can have that to recover on and only take one week off. I also couldn't get flights using airmiles before Christmas, all of those flights were gone already or I would have gone the week before Christmas!

Best of luck tho! Keep me posted! Did they send you a pre-op diet or any pre op instructions yet?

I wish I could! I'm a teacher so I wouldn't be able to book 2 weeks off :( my surgery is the week before our march break so that I can have that to recover on and only take one week off. I also couldn't get flights using airmiles before Christmas, all of those flights were gone already or I would have gone the week before Christmas!

Best of luck tho! Keep me posted! Did they send you a pre-op diet or any pre op instructions yet?

That's too bad, but I guess the good thing is that we will get to tell you all about it and u will feel much better when your turn comes because we all will go great :)

And yes they sent me the pre-op diet already, a bit vague, so I kept asking questions and sending emails till I got a menu type guide lol I'm sure they hate me already but we are paying a tot compare to other people, so if I have doubts I will ask away lol

lol I know what you mean, the every time he sent an answer, I'd ask another question lol

Can you send me what you ended up getting from them about the pre-op diet?

I literally want a play by play of what happens lol

If there is anything that you think I should bring that's out of the norm... or if there is any point where you couldn't do something without your friend, can you let me know that too? :)

Did you notice they changed the hotel over the past week? looks a lot nicer and has better reviews than the krystal!

I don't notice the hotel change, I've been so nervous that didn't even pay attention to that. Thanks for pointing it out, I did get a message saying our room was ocean-view :D

Ad you have a friend here too... Big hugs hon!

I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen anything really negative about him. I have researched a few Dr's in Tijuana but I'm not interested in crossing the border and I would not be able to use airmiles to fly to San Diego from Canada... so flying directly into Mexico is the option I am looking for. I found negative reviews on the Dr. in Cancun so that option is also out. I am seriously considering Dr Joya due to reviews and simplicity of the travel. I can have a friend come with me and they are able to stay at the hospital and hotel with me for no extra cost so that is also appealing as I'd be paying for her travel and food etc... basically everything for her to come with me.

So I'm hoping to see a few recent reviews from anyone that has gone to Dr. Joya? Both good' date=' and bad.

I have also watched a few videos from people who went to Dr joya on youtube, all is well so far?[/quote']

Can you point me to the negative reviews you found about Cancun. Which Doctor?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Ya someone just asked that I posted a link, might be on the second page? If you don't find it, I can re-send it to you when I'm at home. Let me know if you don't see it. :)

I didn't research a ton, but I read a few things and then came across the link I posted for someone else and then stopped. I heard enough to not make me choose that dr.

I had the gastric sleeve done with Dr Joya on August 27 th!!! It was easily the best decision I've made for my life and health!!! Everyone treated me so good!! They know what they are doing.. Me and two other girls had our surgeries the same days and were at the hospital together !! We hardly had any pain and almost 4 months post op.. I'm doing great.. No complications or problems.. I'm almost 40 lbs down (I'm a slo looser due to PCOS). But I don't regret going to dr Joya not one minute!!!

So glad your surgery went great. I also felt very well taken cared off. Dr Olivares, Dr Joya's partner or surgeon assistant did part of the following up, and he was amazing. I will miss him. He made me laugh a few times and thought my stitches were going to open. Also Dr Espinoza is extremely professional. I wish i could had brought them with me back lol because in case of emergency i know i will never be in such good hands here as i was there.

Can I ask a question please? maybeoneday in an earlier post you said that if you paid for the surgery all at once you can claim in in your taxes, if you dont pay all at once can you not claim it? I have out flights booked and surgery date of January 9. I was just curious if I you pay for it all this week. Thanks for amy advice you could give me.

Can I ask a question please? maybeoneday in an earlier post you said that if you paid for the surgery all at once you can claim in in your taxes, if you dont pay all at once can you not claim it? I have out flights booked and surgery date of January 9. I was just curious if I you pay for it all this week. Thanks for amy advice you could give me.

I would love to know the same thing.. I paid for mine all at once and went to Mexico to have my surgery.. if i can claim this on my taxes i would love to know how!!! Thanks for any information!!

Well I'm from Canada so I'm not sure if it's going to be completely different for you or not. I spoke to the CRA a few weeks ago.

I paid for the deposit in Nov. The balance of 5500 (since I'm doing the insurance) is due at the time of surgery. I wanted to pay for it all in 2012, so I could claim it all on my 2012 income tax when I go to do it in March'ish.

However, i was told I could pay in advance and then I was told I could not. Since I moved my surgery date up to Jan, I will do my taxes from Feb 2012-Jan 2013 (any 12 consecutive months). Here your medical has to be more than 3% of your income or more than $2200'ish, any amount over the roughly 2200, can be used as a deductible and we get around $0.25 for every dollar we spend after that. (I'm look at getting $1000'ish)

It doesn't have to be all at once... but I didn't want to wait until 2014 to be able to claim it, and didn't want to do taxes from april - march 2013 since it would just screw everything up and make it complicated.

The CRA looked up the info, they MAY request my receipts and when I has plastic surgery about 7 years ago (I claimed breast implants) they asked for the receipts and I got $2000 back... lol go figure! They have sine changed it and do not allow plastic surgery unless there is a reason for it.

So grab all your receipts from your surgery and claim it.. then again... i really have no idea how anything works in the states.

Maybe make a post asking others from the states if and what they did?

Sorry I can't be of more help, or call whoever you deal with for taxes there and ask directly like I did, or you can look up all of that online too, but i preferred to speak to someone. It's worth a shot tho :)