Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are the most ask questions and the answers to those questions so I can make a print out and put it on my fridge!!!! I am going to write STALL POSSIBLE on the calander 3 weekds after my surgery!!! anything else??

lol!!!!! what does that mean?

ok I will add that! anything else? im sure im not the only pre sleever to wonder!!

when can i drink booze?

are cheetos ok week three?

ummm what else????? ok in all seriousness, because i had major complications which were dismissed by medical professionals, my advice that i actually command you and any other new sleever to follow is....listen to your body! excessive pain, weakness, vomiting, etc are not to be ignored! listen to your body and if anything seems odd, call your doctor and then post a question here. we are not experts and your issues should not be dismissed! its life and death serious!

im more fun when i am waxing poetic about farts.....right? (but i mean every word)

thank you!I think its way important to listen to your body!!!!!!

i think if you go to the top of the page and hit fourms, then go down to pre-op and click, there is a list someone put on there........i think

I hear ya, I need remind myself to here and allot just try not to feel baffled or actuualy find your way there, maybe let it be simple and less complicated and feel better about it even if its state of mind, its not been always the same to say I can turn it all on at once as is me now pre op just that I can do it all. I'd use a search engine for that, get accompany materials at docs office or nutrisionist, mine both said when ever what ever calll and ask some other time if you need.

My question:

Excuse me, miss iggy ? if you see this,

Where is it that you did fart when it seemed you'd promote the pillows idea ?

~ I stalled for a week at 2.5 weeks post op

~ I will back up the never trust a fart! lol

I cheated, did I do damage?

~ I'm not sure, but if you can't make it a few weeks without following directions you probably will set yourself up for other slips

I'm not getting my Protein is that ok?

~ Learn to love (choke down) shakes/Isopures, it's your energy and fuel

I'm not getting my liquids in is that ok?

~ Only if you want a dehydration trip to the ER

I know there was sarcastic comments in there but seriously, it is 4 or so weeks of liquids and a couple more of purees then your back to food. Just try your absolute best to do everything your doctor says in the beginning stages, it's for your quickest recovery. I worked really hard at walking and sipping even though I didn't want to! I literally had my mom put my shoes on and start yelling at me while I was out cold sleeping because it had been 2 hrs and we needed to go walk! I told her to do this because I was told the more you walk the better you feel and quicker you recover. I have had an awesome very quick recovery with zero complications and I followed the orders to the letter.

I hear ya' date=' I need remind myself to here and allot just try not to feel baffled or actuualy find your way there, maybe let it be simple and less complicated and feel better about it even if its state of mind, its not been always the same to say I can turn it all on at once as is me now pre op just that I can do it all. I'd use a search engine for that, get accompany materials at docs office or nutrisionist, mine both said when ever what ever calll and ask some other time if you need.

My question:

Excuse me, miss iggy ? if you see this,

Where is it that you did fart when it seemed you'd promote the pillows idea ?[/quote']

The thing you will learn about the surgery....is when it's over in the first days as your body recovers and you are on a 100% liquid diet, the docs have a saying....liquid in, liquid out. This means that your body, which is already gassy from being blown up during surgery, will not produce your normal bowel movements. You'll have diarrhea. We all do early on. So when you feel like you might just be gassy and farting, you sometimes find that it's ummm well it's not a fart, you need to get to the bathroom pronto before you have an accident.

I heard that prior to my surgery...so I never trusted a fart (though in the words of my grandfather, ladies don't fart....so my saying would be never trust a discrete toot) :P

Sounds like I may not be able to go any where and trust a toot then. If I do not to think first what to do if it happens, I can imagine this its problematic and also that it applies for a while when on puree and soft foods alone.Yuk, I will maybe need carry supplies or wear a darn diaper like Grandpa did. I don't expect that I will go far on the liquids though but may have to see the rest to come and think more about farting in general, guess its no joke. <_<

This is a true value fact, wow.

So, no real pillows made yet then ? hmmm, it would be fun to have one around.

Mine never trust only lasted a week. And I was only able to pass gas 2-3 times a day. So generally I was laying on the couch. If I felt one coming just hit the restroom, it really wasn't that horrible for me, but still nothing to play with!

ya its only in the very first phase, maybe lasts a week to ten days when on liquids. as soon as you are on puree or even full liquids for many, it goes away.

I worked really hard at walking and sipping even though I didn't want to! I literally had my mom put my shoes on and start yelling at me while I was out cold sleeping because it had been 2 hrs and we needed to go walk! I told her to do this because I was told the more you walk the better you feel and quicker you recover. I have had an awesome very quick recovery with zero complications and I followed the orders to the letter.

Ask your mom if she's for hire, I might need help like that after my surgery! LOL