Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Finally Going To Happen!

Just a warning this is going to be long!

So after years of researching, studying, talking to people, going to seminar's trying to find the right and best hospital with a reasonable price I am finally going to get sleeved! This seems like a life time in waiting, even though I know some people have had to wait a lit longer than I have. I am a self pay so I had to come up with the money, or find a way to pay for it. Thankfully I have a wonderful support system, and awesome parents who love me and knows that I am worth the money! They found away to pay for surgery, because they love me and kind of want me around for a little longer.

I guess it was about a year ago, about this time last year when I realized that I am not healthy, and it wasn't one of those I looked in the mirror and noticed how I let myself go moments. It was an I can't believe how bad I feel, I can hardly walk anymore moments. I get out of breath, I sweat, my heart races and I can only go a few feet before I have to sit down. I noticed my left foot and ankle was swelling and little things like bathing was becoming hard. I couldn't stand without back pain, and I was always sleepy. And going out, forget that. I no longer wanted to do anything because I didn't feel like it, or because I would have to walk long (or short) distances and I knew by the time I got to where ever it was I was going I was worn out, in pain, and grumpy and I needed change! I needed a lot of change. I knew I was gaining weight, but I didn't know it was bad as it was until then.

The thought of going on another diet sicken me. First I have so much to lose, and I could hardly move. And of course how many times have I lost and then regained even more, it was a cycle and I just dreaded the thought of doing that again. So I started to look at other options, and my mom mentioned WLS. I have a cousin who was banned a year earlier and had lost around 100lbs. She was doing well, and says to this day it was the best choice she made in her adult life. So I started to look into the different options. Everyone knows about the GBY, and the band, but the sleeve was new to me, and to be honest with you at first I would just skip over the sleeve. I was pretty fixed on GBY. That was until one of my best friends called me and told me she was looking into getting the sleeve, and that I should check it out, it might be a better option. So I started to do my research, I joined here, and started to learn massive amounts of information both good and bad! I made sure to know what can go wrong, just not good. After a month or so I had decided that I wanted to get the sleeve.

I made my decision at the turn of the New Year and I decided and knew that having WLS isn't the easy way out, and that I would have to make major commitments, and changes to my life. So I decided why not start now? So I started to change my eating habits, cutting out certain foods, adding some healthy food, dropping the pop. Trying to be more active (hardest part). But I also had to come up with away to pay for the surgery. I don't have insurance, I can't work. So I have no income. Which makes one think why even try? I tried fundraisers. They didn't work. I think I got two donations for a total of about twenty dollars. Still it's better than nothing. I started joining sites that pay you to take surveys, or read e-mails, or visit other websites, and while I do make some money off those, it would take me forever to collect the amount I needed. Since I have some co mobilities that's due to obesity I even applied for disability. I of course was rejected twice. That's when my parents decided to step up and give me a new chance at life!

Yesterday I had my first appt. with my surgeon. I do have to lose some weight, and I'm going to be on the 3 and 2 diet for three months (I start Monday). I have to get my BMI down some. I am OK with this, it's for my safety. I am looking at a March surgery, or depending on how fast I lose weight.

I am so happy that this is finally happening! Even though I have to wait for another poss. 4 months I'm OK with that. At least it is happening!

Just a warning this is going to be long!

So after years of researching' date=' studying, talking to people, going to seminar's trying to find the right and best hospital with a reasonable price I am finally going to get sleeved! This seems like a life time in waiting, even though I know some people have had to wait a lit longer than I have. I am a self pay so I had to come up with the money, or find a way to pay for it. Thankfully I have a wonderful support system, and awesome parents who love me and knows that I am worth the money! They found away to pay for surgery, because they love me and kind of want me around for a little longer.

I guess it was about a year ago, about this time last year when I realized that I am not healthy, and it wasn't one of those I looked in the mirror and noticed how I let myself go moments. It was an I can't believe how bad I feel, I can hardly walk anymore moments. I get out of breath, I sweat, my heart races and I can only go a few feet before I have to sit down. I noticed my left foot and ankle was swelling and little things like bathing was becoming hard. I couldn't stand without back pain, and I was always sleepy. And going out, forget that. I no longer wanted to do anything because I didn't feel like it, or because I would have to walk long (or short) distances and I knew by the time I got to where ever it was I was going I was worn out, in pain, and grumpy and I needed change! I needed a lot of change. I knew I was gaining weight, but I didn't know it was bad as it was until then.

The thought of going on another diet sicken me. First I have so much to lose, and I could hardly move. And of course how many times have I lost and then regained even more, it was a cycle and I just dreaded the thought of doing that again. So I started to look at other options, and my mom mentioned WLS. I have a cousin who was banned a year earlier and had lost around 100lbs. She was doing well, and says to this day it was the best choice she made in her adult life. So I started to look into the different options. Everyone knows about the GBY, and the band, but the sleeve was new to me, and to be honest with you at first I would just skip over the sleeve. I was pretty fixed on GBY. That was until one of my best friends called me and told me she was looking into getting the sleeve, and that I should check it out, it might be a better option. So I started to do my research, I joined here, and started to learn massive amounts of information both good and bad! I made sure to know what can go wrong, just not good. After a month or so I had decided that I wanted to get the sleeve.

I made my decision at the turn of the New Year and I decided and knew that having WLS isn't the easy way out, and that I would have to make major commitments, and changes to my life. So I decided why not start now? So I started to change my eating habits, cutting out certain foods, adding some healthy food, dropping the pop. Trying to be more active (hardest part). But I also had to come up with away to pay for the surgery. I don't have insurance, I can't work. So I have no income. Which makes one think why even try? I tried fundraisers. They didn't work. I think I got two donations for a total of about twenty dollars. Still it's better than nothing. I started joining sites that pay you to take surveys, or read e-mails, or visit other websites, and while I do make some money off those, it would take me forever to collect the amount I needed. Since I have some co mobilities that's due to obesity I even applied for disability. I of course was rejected twice. That's when my parents decided to step up and give me a new chance at life!

Yesterday I had my first appt. with my surgeon. I do have to lose some weight, and I'm going to be on the 3 and 2 diet for three months (I start Monday). I have to get my BMI down some. I am OK with this, it's for my safety. I am looking at a March surgery, or depending on how fast I lose weight.

I am so happy that this is finally happening! Even though I have to wait for another poss. 4 months I'm OK with that. At least it is happening![/quote']

God bless you!! My surgery is on 12/6 and i cant wait to start with my new life.

God bless,

Jessie