Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Look Like You Thought You Would?

I'm looking a pics of my best friend who had the surgery about nine months ago. I never knew her thin so I didn't know what to expect. She is a beautiful woman and the weight loss has made that even more apparent.

I haven't been thin since high school so I have NO IDEA what I will look like once the weight comes off. I have a very curvy "Coke Bottle" shape that I don't think is going to go anywhere, it'll just be smaller. I'm concerned about how my facial features will change, etc.

Do you look anything like you thought you'd look? Better? Worse? Aside from loose skin, did you ever imagine?

I am with you on that one, I hadn't been thin since high school. I had my daughter at age 19 and got to a size 14 and never got smaller than that. I think overall I look good with clothes on(haha). I am now 35 years old, and I think I look younger. I mean the wrinkles are a lil bit more noticeable now, but overall I look younger with the weight off. I was almost 250 lbs 3 years ago and right now I am at 150 lbs. I really do feel great and think I look a lot better and younger.

I am with you on that one' date=' I hadn't been thin since high school. I had my daughter at age 19 and got to a size 14 and never got smaller than that. I think overall I look good with clothes on(haha). I am now 35 years old, and I think I look younger. I mean the wrinkles are a lil bit more noticeable now, but overall I look younger with the weight off. I was almost 250 lbs 3 years ago and right now I am at 150 lbs. I really do feel great and think I look a lot better and younger.[/quote']

I'm know my wrinkles will be more pronounced, but I'm going to quote Jimmy Buffett...wrinkles only go where smiles have been. I think our happiness with our new selves will show through and that's where true beauty is.

Well. Right now I feel like I did 21 yrs ago after my first child. I'm not BIG but not small enough yet. I was 120 +\-5 before kids but the lowest I've been since kids was 130. That was before my 2nd child. The least I've weighed since her is about 145. Right now I'm 147. This is how I ended up gaining so much in the first place after kids bc I thought " I look like crap anyhow and have stretch marks from hell ... So ill just EAT!" But now I'm older and wiser I hope and realize I'm never gonna look like I did at 20 before kids. My skin just won't allow it! So I'm trying to just look at all the positives from losing 57 so far. Still want to get to 125-135. I just have to accept that no matter what I weigh I'm not gonna get that 20 yr. old hot bod back LOL. BUT I DEF look a hell of a lot better now that at 205 ;)

I look better than I thought I would. Yep, my former fatness plumped out my wrinkles, which are now more prominent, but I'm pushing 60. My chin turned out better, as I was expecting a lot of wrinkly saggy neck skin and that didn't happen. My thighs look like hell, and I wasn't expecting that. Boobs better than expected. Butt, a saggy mess.

I'm thrilled over all. At my age, I usually just get naked to shower!! So if my face and neck look ok, and I can cover the rest with clothing, I'm happy. May need a Tummy Tuck just so I can wear pants that aren't too fluffy in the butt.

Aside from the skin, I am happy with the way I look and happy with the way I feel. The compliments I get sometimes floor me. I keep having this thought or nightmare that I am going to wake up 100 pounds heavier. I suppose then we would fully appreciate the difference.

I would probably wear 1-2 sizes smaller if I didn't have the paunch. Things are too big in the waist and butt, but not really noticeable except to me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches