Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Diet Cheating........anyone?

finishing day three. I'm tired but can't finish all the stuff I'm have to drink.

I hit a wall on day 12 where I just felt I could not swallow another mouthful of the stuff........I cried like a baby most of the night because I had had enough........today is day 14 for me.......I only have 8 more shakes to drink......I think I can push through this.....It has been one of the hardest things I have ever done...BUT......I can say and be telling the truth that there have been no cheats...none.......I am scaring myself I am being so good!!!!!!!!

i caved again, a can of refried Beans and some ramen noodles last night.....boo! today is my last day for Protein, tomorrow just liquid then surgery. Hopefully I didnt screw myself! The weight is pouring off me still!

I have my surgery November 14, started my pre op diet on Halloween.

I've only cheated twice so far, but I've only had a few bites of whatever I tasted. 1st time was a leftover mac & cheese (and I make a mean pot of them too). The second was some Soup that my husband had made with tiny noodles and little pieces of hard salami and mixed veggies... OMFG! I caught myself on the second bite then took the rest of it and strained it while I was supposed to.

I'm supposed to be on a high-Protein, low-carb, fat free diet for the pre-op. But I see that a few ladies and gentlemen are having at least one meal (I'm soooo jealous). I asked my nutritionist about it, and she said that the all liquid diet is what the doctor feels is best for his patients.

And I DO trust my doctor...it just really sucks though. It's like, every time you start a diet you see food everywhere!

I have my surgery November 14' date=' started my pre op diet on Halloween.

I've only cheated twice so far, but I've only had a few bites of whatever I tasted. 1st time was a leftover mac & cheese (and I make a mean pot of them too). The second was some Soup that my husband had made with tiny noodles and little pieces of hard salami and mixed veggies... OMFG! I caught myself on the second bite then took the rest of it and strained it while I was supposed to.

I'm supposed to be on a high-Protein, low-carb, fat free diet for the pre-op. But I see that a few ladies and gentlemen are having at least one meal (I'm soooo jealous). I asked my nutritionist about it, and she said that the all liquid diet is what the doctor feels is best for his patients.

And I DO trust my doctor...it just really sucks though. It's like, every time you start a diet you see food everywhere![/quote']

I started mine on Halloween too and also having surgery the 14TH Some days are harder than others but one thing is for sure the weights coming off and thats what will make surgery easier. Thats the prize.

I'm not on pre op diet yet but I Am eating like I will never eat again! It's partly anxiety and partly just that old Sunday night before the diet thinking.

newgirltx....your doing what they refer to on this forum as a food funeral......eating every thing you are sure you will never eat again.....I did the same thing....you will get down to it when it is time and be happy you had the funeral....I know I was.....today is day 15 for me pre-op diet...I was ready when the time came...and no matter how hard it has been I have stuck to it.....you will do the same.......

Best to you!

I can totally relate to this. The first 3 days were killer!! Now on day 4 and I don't ever feel hungry. Yes of coarse I would love my kids Halloween candy or a burger but I know it's head hunger or cravings so I'm trying not to give in. I haven't cheated yet but with the diet I'm on - after 6 days u get a free day. Supposed to eat " wisely " so hopefully I can? Then I move onto the Optifast ( with thanksgiving day off ) for 2 wks. It is very encouraging to see the scale going down every day! Good luck everyone

I had a 2 week pre-op diet and I cheated a bit day 1 and 2 because I needed to work myself into the diet. Then the most I cheated the 12 following days was I would have 1.5 cups of broth instead on 1.

Now, if I can give one piece of advice it would be learn to love the shakes. Try all sorts of experiments for fun new flavors because you will need them! I am 2 weeks post op and still have another week of liquids. That will make 5 weeks of nothing but Water, broth, and shakes. It does get way easier the further you get into the pre-op and even easier when your not hungry post-op, but if you don't learn to love them and stick to them the post-op will be miserable when you CANNOT cheat.

I am cheating in my mind.......

As a matter of fidelity, this is the worst kind. :o

I'm in pre-pre-op... which is to say, I'm simply on a diet (not liquid). I have had a couple of "planned" cheat days, like on Saturday, we were near a really good Italian restaurant away from home. As soon as I realized we were near it, I resolved that 1) we would eat lunch there, and 2) it would be bad. It wasn't too bad, as I only ate half the plate, and it carried me through so I didn't need dinner, so I stayed under my daily caloric goals.

ArcuxX.......you ain't talkin fidelity here... <_<

Did a 10 day pre op and lost a pound a day even with scheduled cheat days. Then I was supposed to start Optifast 2 days ago and things are not working out. I gained 5!!!!!!! Pounds back and haven't eaten that much more. What's up with that. Hope its Water weight cause what I have eaten is salty stuff. Well starting tomorrow with optifast and surgery in 1.5 wks

I am cheating in my mind.......

Lmfao i did not cheat at all honestly and have lost 12 lbs. but.....i have had dreams of anything coated in cheese and chocolate. Its normal. Its almost like when smokers quit smoking they dream of the habit. Good luck to our hotness guys and gals!!!

Haven really cheated.... Maybe actually today day 5/6 full liquid diet, I had a little bit of mashed potatoes and gravy from our thanksgiving lunch at work i did chew those few bites like crazy though ...then I headed out and saw my pcp for pre-op then across the street to get blood work done then across the street again to the hospital for pre-screening and more blood work ugh after the long day I was starved so a I grabbed a chicken veggie Soup and didn't have a chance to strain it and a few veggies got through & they tasted so so good. 2 more days if full liquids and then a day and a half of Clear Liquids and surgery on Friday