Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I seem to have come to a halt with weight loss,can they do anything on top of gastric sleeve to help with further weight loss? Thanks any feed back will be greatly received :(

You're 8 months post op. How much have you lost, and how much more do you want to lose?

Have you had "stalls" along the way? How long were the stalls? Did you know that sometimes your body can stall for months at a time before you start losing again? Especially if you are now at a weight where you previously were for a long period of time. It often occurs that the body "pauses" at that weight because it is "familiar" and comfortable to stay there.

Have you taken a close look at what you're eating and your eating pattern? If any bad habits have creeped back in again, your "stall" may be due to increased calorie intake, more carbs than usual, snacking, grazing, etc.

Also, are you exercising? As you get closer to her goal, your calorie deficit (between your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) and your caloric intake) narrows. So you lose less and more slowly. You can increase this gap by exercising and getting your metabolism charged up!

If you've done all these things and carefully analyzed your own behavoirs, food patterns, exercise, etc. and are still convinced further changes will not help you get to your weight loss goal, THEN you should investigate surgical options.

I believe it is possible to convert the sleeve to a full gastric by-pass or you could also have a duodenal switch surgery. Both are HIGHLY invasive, will leave you permanently taking supplements (for the rest of your life) and have a much higher surgical and post-op recovery risk than the sleeve does. But they are available if no other options will work for you.

I'm sure there are others here that would be happy to give you further feedback, and I'm glad to answer any questions you may have (with the little bit of knowledge I have....I'm not a doctor!).

come to a halt with weight loss, do anything on top of gastric sleeve to help with further weight loss? :(

dyoungy63

sorry you've been in a stall - i'm also curious how much weight you lost

if you've lost a lot of weight, maybe your body is yelling "uncle" - be patient, take a breath, i'll let you start to loose weight again at my own steady- pace

continue to do everything you can/know how to do successfully these past 8 months - you've done great

i know you are looking into other options? :mellow: not sure why your looking to try something else yet,

don't give up on the sleeve - whats 8 months in a life time? you look like a very intelligent person, you know the sleeve works - whether its 8 months or 8 years, you have the sleeve as your best friend, threw thick and thin - it will always be at your side ;)

give the sleeve more time - drink, eat, Protein, exercise - you know whats involved....it should happen.....

God Grant me Patience, just hurry up about it ;)

good luck my friend :)

My doctors pa said he has seen people get a band on their sleeve.

Really...

Thank you so much for your very quick response, my problem is I can't exercise due to my illness,I've lost 7 stone 1lb so far but stuck for well over month and half! I've still got another 5stone to go! But I'm taking all that you've said on board, got an appointment in dec to see the bariatric team again so will see what they have to say then. Thanks for your support x