Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree Stage - Recipe/ideas

I LOVE to cook and am just wrapping up the pureed stage off my diet. Here are some of my favorite concoctions - enjoy!

Egg salad - couple eggs' date=' 1 tsp of mayo, 1/2 tsp of spicy brown mustard, salt & pepper - puree until smooth

Buffalo chicken - can of chicken, 1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1 tsp. of buffalo sauce, salt & pepper - puree until smooth - MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!

Squash casserole - 1 can of squash with vidalia onion, 2 tbsp of cream cheese, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, salt & pepper, 1 tsp margarine/butter, 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese - puree until smooth, pour into dish and microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly

Pintos and cheese - 1 can of Pintos with onion - puree until smooth, pour into dish and cover with 2 tbsp. of shredded cheddar cheese - microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly - stir well to combine the cheese - optional: add a bit of enchilada sauce if you are looking for more flavor.

Lemon Ricotta Creme

Take one 15 oz. container of part skim ricotta cheese, add the zest of one lemon, juice of half the lemon, 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 4 packets of splenda - puree until smooth - AWESOME!!!!

You can do variations on this should you choose - substitue orange zest and 1 tbsp. of orange juice with orange extract or keep vanilla extract for a dreamsicle taste. chocolate ricotta creme is easy too by substituting 2 tbsp. cocoa powder instead of zest and juice, same vanilla extract and splenda to sweeten.

Perfect sweet tooth item instead of the same old pudding and/or jell-o and it has a high concentration of Protein due to the ricotta cheese. Enjoy!

Parmesan Garlic Cauliflower (tastes a lot like mashed potatoes, but very low carb!)

1 bag of frozen cauliflower florets

1 tsp butter/margarine

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup of parmesan cheese

1/4 cup of milk

Blend until smooth, pour into a casserole dish and top with another 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and microwave for 90 seconds - enjoy![/quote']

I too would like to say your brilliant and thank you thank you. I have a magic bullet but was like other than Soup what do I purée. Heaps apparently thanks.

Oh and I'm not sure if just me or if its that I'm in Australia but buffalo sauce? Haven't heard of it but want to try, it's different to like BBQ Sauce isn't it?

Thank you! I shared some ideas in the recipe swap section. I also ate hummus today, and mashed banana with 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, and palak paneer which is an Indian curry with spinach and an Indian cheese called paneer. I puréed it in the food processor and it was awesome. Spicy and only around 100 calories for 1/2 cup.

I have had a bit of shredded cheese but not chunks of cheese. I have not had any tummy trouble at all but I am being pretty cautious about texture. And trying to choose high Protein and low fat most of the time.

I start my purree diet tomorrow and looking forward to a mexican layer dip, with refried Beans, taco seasoning, sour cream, and taco sauce....

I start my purree diet tomorrow and looking forward to a mexican layer dip' date=' with refried Beans, taco seasoning, sour cream, and taco sauce....[/quote']

Take tiny bites! I know spices aren't as easy to tolerate now as they were Pre sleeve. Kind of a bummer because I loved spicy food. I just have to take it easy and keep Tums on hand :) good luck!

I took Progresso Classic Lentil Soup and and Berberi (ethiopian spice) heated up and added powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder (need to make sure the soup doesn't exceed 140° F) and topped with a little plain yogurt. Nice and spicy.

Shel - Olathe, KS

Today is my first day on puréed foods. I found this yesterday. YOU are wonderful! Love, love, love the buffalo chicken. Can't wait to try the others! Thank you!

I start. Tomorrow tried a little egg salad tonight and everything was good... I have about 17 recipes to Try. Most are chicken with different sauces I found a whole bunch of different sauces with zero sugar. And low-calorie! But with the new recipes I see on this thread I'm going to try a couple! I cannot wait to actually eat semisolid food. And when it comes to non puréed foods there is a lot of yummy recipes that are out there. I googled puréed food or bariatric pureed Foods and got a ton Of cool recipes. Truth is I don't even like to cook and now I'm excited about cooking!

I can't wait to try the recipes. Getting sleeved 7/22/13 and have been wandering what to eat. I did purchase some first stage baby food but I know that won't cut it! I am looking forward to giving my food processor a work out :rolleyes::P

Continues success!

Starting pureer on monday need ideas for these meats chicken, tuna, shrimp,crab, ham,pork,eggs and turkey meats...don't have the go ahead for cheeses.... its not on my list yet...

Starting pureer on monday need ideas for these meats chicken,tuna,shrimp,crab, ham,pork,eggs and turkey meats...don't have the go ahead for cheeses.... its not on my list yet...

There's a forum I think on foods and recipies. Experiement also, with the small about of food allow that will not be much to waste. I want to hit my local dollar store so I can get tuna; if I can get in the pouch when i return to work that will be fast Protein without tons of prep. Just have to bring a bowl and fork from home to really break it down.

UTGal99- umm, nom nom nom.. sorry my mouth is full of that delicious Buffalo Chicken!!

Thank you-

Molly

UTGal99- umm' date=' nom nom nom.. sorry my mouth is full of that delicious Buffalo Chicken!!

Thank you-

Molly[/quote']

How did the puréed chicken taste? I've been to chicken to try puréed meats. I did the ricotta bake and garlic Parmesan cauliflower, those were delicious!!!

Can't wait to try this stuff on Monday! Thanks!

Just tried the buffalo chicken... Omg... So good!!'

I LOVE to cook and am just wrapping up the pureed stage off my diet. Here are some of my favorite concoctions - enjoy!

Egg salad - couple eggs, 1 tsp of mayo, 1/2 tsp of spicy brown mustard, salt & pepper - puree until smooth

Buffalo chicken - can of chicken, 1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1 tsp. of buffalo sauce, salt & pepper - puree until smooth - MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!

Squash casserole - 1 can of squash with vidalia onion, 2 tbsp of cream cheese, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, salt & pepper, 1 tsp margarine/butter, 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese - puree until smooth, pour into dish and microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly

Pintos and cheese - 1 can of Pintos with onion - puree until smooth, pour into dish and cover with 2 tbsp. of shredded cheddar cheese - microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly - stir well to combine the cheese - optional: add a bit of enchilada sauce if you are looking for more flavor.

Lemon Ricotta Creme

Take one 15 oz. container of part skim ricotta cheese, add the zest of one lemon, juice of half the lemon, 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 4 packets of splenda - puree until smooth - AWESOME!!!!

You can do variations on this should you choose - substitue orange zest and 1 tbsp. of orange juice with orange extract or keep vanilla extract for a dreamsicle taste. chocolate ricotta creme is easy too by substituting 2 tbsp. cocoa powder instead of zest and juice, same vanilla extract and splenda to sweeten.

Perfect sweet tooth item instead of the same old pudding and/or jell-o and it has a high concentration of Protein due to the ricotta cheese. Enjoy!

Parmesan Garlic Cauliflower (tastes a lot like mashed potatoes, but very low carb!)

1 bag of frozen cauliflower florets

1 tsp butter/margarine

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup of parmesan cheese

1/4 cup of milk

Blend until smooth, pour into a casserole dish and top with another 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and microwave for 90 seconds - enjoy!

Thanks for the recipes..