Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Dolan, Perth, Australia?

Yeah I'm not doing to bad, have been really nervous and doubting myself but have now turned that into excitement. Pre op is going ok have mane to lose 15kgs as of this morning . I have the dietician this Friday so I'm looking forward to that. Xmas party was good , I was really naughty but I guess I can call it the last supper lol. Glad to hear you are doing well :)

Yeah I'm not doing to bad' date=' have been really nervous and doubting myself but have now turned that into excitement. Pre op is going ok have mane to lose 15kgs as of this morning . I have the dietician this Friday so I'm looking forward to that. Xmas party was good , I was really naughty but I guess I can call it the last supper lol. Glad to hear you are doing well :)[/quote']

Yeah I was doubting myself a bit as well, I thought I'm doing so well losing weight on preop maybe I don't need to do this then reality would hit I know I wouldn't stick to it :-/

Wow 15kg that's awesome we'll done!! Aw your allowed to be naughty because its going to be awhile until you can again like you said last supper :)

I am from Australia but living in Saudi Arabia. I am being sleeved on Saturday, weekend here is Thursday and Friday, hence the Saturday. Not much support or information here. No pre op diet so would really appreciate any help or advice you can offer. No Optifast over here so it another Protein Shake drink and have started on that. So scared and excited.

I am from Australia but living in Saudi Arabia. I am being sleeved on Saturday' date=' weekend here is Thursday and Friday, hence the Saturday. Not much support or information here. No pre op diet so would really appreciate any help or advice you can offer. No Optifast over here so it another Protein shake drink and have started on that. So scared and excited.[/quote']

Hi saudisleeve, you must be getting very nervous and excited also!! This is a great site to whiz around on, any questions you can start a thread or search the threads usually someone has asked something similar :) that's great you have found a substitute protien shake to help with you weightless kick start, I lost 5kg on my preop diet and the dr was happy with that, I had 3 shakes a day and 2 cups of low carb veggies at night, drank lots of Water, low jule cordial and black tea for 2 weeks before surgery. It's a good idea to get a few items to drink once your home from hospital, I bought v8 juice (fruit flavoured vegetable juice) Bonox( meat flavoured paste you add boiling Water to) low jule cordial, creamy thin Soups or made my own, also made fruit smoothies with low fat milk, ice and mangoes, plus your protien drinks they are very important for you to get protien in. Pretty much anything you can drink through a straw ( hypothetically, dont drink through a straw it will give you gas pains) Oh and keep sipping water throughout the day it's very important to keep your fluids up :) also some chewable Vitamins to help give you what your not getting is a good idea.

The dr will hopefully prescribe you some pain killers before you go home, I used mine for a couple days after I got home but then a simple store bought pain killer done the job. I was on liquids for 2 weeks ( items i mentioned above) now I'm starting soft foods eg. Mash potatoes, weetbix, baked Beans, yoghurt, fish ect foods that are chewed easily into a purée texture, if something hurts when swallowed stop immediately and try again a week later.

I hope that helps, Is there anything in particular you wanted to know?

Thank you soooo much for the information. Things are a little different here. Very hard to get Vitamins but I was jut in Dubai and picked up some there. I will be in hospital for four days, think this is a good thing from what I have read. Most of my information has come from the different threads. Everything over here is in Arabic :) so cannot read it. My doctor is great but have only seen him twice. Please keep me posted on your different steps. I am hoping in the hospital they will tell me more about what and where to get what I need. It's strange doing this in such a foreign country but t least I can surprise everyone when I return. Thanks again :)

Three days left. Feeling really scared lol

Oh i know how you feel I was really scared and excited beforehand, not know what to expect! You will be fine :) will wake from surgery in a bit of pain but just make sure you don't hesitate to ask for pain relief! I was actually a bit surprised at how quickly the pain side subsided. I had a bit of nausea that was prob the worst thing for me, having babies was much worse lol. How long after you have had the sleeve do you come back to Australia? That will be so nice for you suprising everyone with your weightloss!!

Thanks for your support. At this stage I don't have a trip back home until the end of June so hopefully there will be a noticeable difference by then and I will be feeling great. Am off to Paris mid February and am hoping I will be ok then. Two days to go :). So excited as I said. Will keep you posted :)

Thanks for your support. At this stage I don't have a trip back home until the end of June so hopefully there will be a noticeable difference by then and I will be feeling great. Am off to Paris mid February and am hoping I will be ok then. Two days to go :). So excited as I said. Will keep you posted :)

Oh yes there will definitely a difference by June :) good luck for Saturday!!

Hope all went well with surgery and your recovering well in hospital :)

Yes day one over and feeling fine. Thanks

Yeah I'm not doing to bad' date=' have been really nervous and doubting myself but have now turned that into excitement. Pre op is going ok have mane to lose 15kgs as of this morning . I have the dietician this Friday so I'm looking forward to that. Xmas party was good , I was really naughty but I guess I can call it the last supper lol. Glad to hear you are doing well :)[/quote']

How did your app go with dietician? She would of been really happy with your weightloss! Good luck for tomorrow, your in great hands :)

Thanks I'm not nervous anymore rather excited I think lol, how is your recovery going?

Thanks I'm not nervous anymore rather excited I think lol' date=' how is your recovery going?[/quote']

Haha I was really nervous beforehand and then on the table before they put me to sleep I was silently freaking out!! Lol that just me though I'm a worry wart.

Recovery going well thanks still struggling getting my protien in, baby steps I guess :) il get there. Family have been noticing me weightloss so that's great. Good luck again and let us know how all went :)

Thanks I'm not nervous anymore rather excited I think lol' date=' how is your recovery going?[/quote']

Hi how is your recovery going?